Author Topic: NBA 2019-2020 season thread  (Read 399002 times)

Re: NBA 2019-2020 season thread
« Reply #2055 on: February 22, 2020, 10:20:45 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
Kemba being out is good for the young guys.

Some of the Celtic losses, especially late in the 4th, is due to Kemba's penchant for taking "all in" shots.

I think it's best if the Celts preserve Kemba for the playoffs.
Such as?

Kemba has the tendency to launch 3-pointers, in crunch time, when the Celts really don't need it.

I've also noticed that Kemba makes more 3-pointers early in the qtr. than late in the qtr.

« Reply #2056 on: February 22, 2020, 10:30:36 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2955
  • On To Banner 18!
I like Hubie Brown. But is he serious?? “Credit to Embiid for still fighting”. Are we watching the same game? Once MIL went on that 3rd quarter run he clearly stopped caring, which perfectly sums up who Embiid is.

And even if he was trying, I mean I’d sure hope he was regardless the score and circumstances. Getting paid 150M and calls himself “the best player in the world”. Plus he also sat out like half the quarter because of foul trouble to begin with.  ::)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2057 on: February 22, 2020, 10:34:54 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
I like Hubie Brown. But is he serious?? “Credit to Embiid for still fighting”. Are we watching the same game? Once MIL went on that 3rd quarter run he clearly stopped caring, which perfectly sums up who Embiid is.

And even if he was trying, I mean I’d sure hope he was regardless the score and circumstances. Getting paid 150M and calls himself “the best player in the world”. Plus he also sat out like half the quarter because of foul trouble to begin with.  ::)

The question is would Celtic fans love the idea of Embiid playing for the Celts if the Sixer front office calls Danny Ainge and offers Embiid to the Celts in a trade?

« Reply #2058 on: February 22, 2020, 10:55:15 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2955
  • On To Banner 18!

The question is would Celtic fans love the idea of Embiid playing for the Celts if the Sixer front office calls Danny Ainge and offers Embiid to the Celts in a trade?

At the expense of Tatum and/or Brown + numerous picks? No thanks.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #2059 on: February 22, 2020, 11:30:13 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff

What if the Sixers ask for Kemba or Hayward + picks?

« Reply #2060 on: February 22, 2020, 11:48:31 PM »

Online CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!

Embiid is going West if he got traded.

« Reply #2061 on: February 22, 2020, 11:49:50 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

Some of the Celtic losses, especially late in the 4th, is due to Kemba's penchant for taking "all in" shots.

Such as?

Kemba has the tendency to launch 3-pointers, in crunch time, when the Celts really don't need it.

I've also noticed that Kemba makes more 3-pointers early in the qtr. than late in the qtr.

He's shooting 44% from 3pt in crunch time this year, which is higher than his season average of 39% and equal to what he shoots from 3pt in the 4th quarter overall.

« Reply #2062 on: February 23, 2020, 12:00:58 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff

Such as?

He's shooting 44% from 3pt in crunch time this year, which is higher than his season average of 39% and equal to what he shoots from 3pt in the 4th quarter overall.

https://www.espn.com/nba/playbyplay?gameId=401160854

1:44      Kemba Walker misses 26-foot three point pullup jump shot   94 - 90

With the Celts leading by 4, in regulation, why shoot a 3?
Maybe it's the decision making.

That shot and miss led to a Clipper fast break that cut the Celtic lead to 2 points with 1:37 left in the 4th.

Celts ended up losing that game in OT.

Kemba has this knack of going for "all in" shots in crunch time.

I think Kemba needs to learn that he's with the Celtics already, not the Hornets.

« Reply #2063 on: February 23, 2020, 12:01:44 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

And here we go again. Instantly make Philly the best team in the East? I'd rather not
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2064 on: February 23, 2020, 12:05:15 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff

And here we go again. Instantly make Philly the best team in the East? I'd rather not

I think that's a point of view of a Celtics fan.

Based on value, Embiid is more valuable than Hayward or Kemba.

A 7-foot All-Star Center is harder to find than a wing player or a scoring PG.

« Reply #2065 on: February 23, 2020, 12:06:34 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Such as?

That shot and miss led to a Clipper fast break that cut the Celtic lead to 2 points with 1:37 left in the 4th.

I think Kemba needs to learn that he's with the Celtics already, not the Hornets.
He's literally one of the best clutch scorers in the league on the team with the 4th best record in the league (in the spite of many injuries), and you somehow find this to complain about? Really?

« Reply #2066 on: February 23, 2020, 12:07:15 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I think that's a point of view of a Celtics fan.

Based on value, Embiid is more valuable than Hayward or Kemba.

A 7-foot All-Star Center is harder to find than a wing player or a scoring PG.
It's even harder to find someone as fragile as Embiid

« Reply #2067 on: February 23, 2020, 12:14:21 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff

Such as?

He's literally one of the best clutch scorers in the league on the team with the 4th best record in the league (in the spite of many injuries), and you somehow find this to complain about? Really?

According to this 4th qtr. stats, Tatum is ranked higher than Kemba.
https://stats.nba.com/players/traditional/?sort=PTS&dir=-1&Season=2019-20&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&Period=4

« Reply #2068 on: February 23, 2020, 12:21:09 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Such as?

https://stats.nba.com/players/traditional/?sort=PTS&dir=-1&Season=2019-20&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&Period=4
You'll note the 1.5 minute difference in Tatum's favour too, right? I really have absolutely no idea what you're even complaining about at this stage - Kemba is an elite 44% 3P shooter in the clutch which is 5 points up from his season average. Pulling literally one instance of a maybe ill-advised shot (hard to tell from just the game-log) is not evidence contrary

« Reply #2069 on: February 23, 2020, 12:27:51 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff

Such as?

You'll note the 1.5 minute difference in Tatum's favour too, right? I really have absolutely no idea what you're even complaining about at this stage - Kemba is an elite 44% 3P shooter in the clutch which is 5 points up from his season average.

It's more of the decision making.

There are times when there's still plenty of time in the shot-clock and Kemba jacks up a 3.

What I'm saying is Kemba can't treat late game situations like it's the start of a qtr.

Can you show me the stats where Kemba shoots 44% from 3pt land in the last 5 minutes of a game?

I can only find the 4th qtr stats, but not the stats for the last 5 minutes of a game.