Author Topic: Paul Pierce wasn't upset Ray Allen skipped ceremony  (Read 3232 times)

Re: Paul Pierce wasn't upset Ray Allen skipped ceremony
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2018, 12:55:21 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 652
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I think Ray taking less money from the Heat to leave Boston will always follow him and created a huge divide.

But his jump shot is poetry in motion

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2018, 01:13:58 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I think Ray taking less money from the Heat to leave Boston will always follow him and created a huge divide.

If his family wanted to live in Miami instead of having the risk that they could end up in places like Memphis or Cleveland at any moment from a trade though, then I understand. He had already made a lot of money and had won a ring, working in a city that his family is happy with and having more
assurance of not being traded would be reasonable

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2018, 01:20:49 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

I still don't blame Ray Ray. The Celtics were aging and Miami was more talented. Ray isn't a Celtics fan like us- he was an NBA player. If Pierce can grow up in LA and play in Boston, Ray can play anywhere he wants. Even if it upset Celtics fans. I still think fans were soft for not understanding that he would want to play in a better situation.

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2018, 01:26:25 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

If his family wanted to live in Miami instead of having the risk that they could end up in places like Memphis or Cleveland at any moment from a trade though, then I understand. He had already made a lot of money and had won a ring, working in a city that his family is happy with and having more
assurance of not being traded would be reasonable
Well, Ray had a no-trade clause on the table, so it's not that.

http://www.espn.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/8552139/ray-allen-left-boston-celtics-no-trade-clause-table
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."