Author Topic: Your Fave Five Freshmen  (Read 3267 times)

Your Fave Five Freshmen
« on: January 01, 2009, 07:23:55 PM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 303
  • Anything is possible
Based on what you've seen so far, what five freshmen have you taken a liking to?

1. Greg Monroe (Georgetown)
He does it all. He's a 6'10'' presence that can put the ball on the floor, pass the ball as well as any big man in the country, step out for jumpers, defend both taller and agile opponents... and he just has a great feel for the game. So fundamentally sound, so fluid, so intelligent, so versatile. He reminds me of Chris Webber in a lot of ways.

It doesn't hurt that he's a Hoya, either. 8) But in all honesty, Hoya or not, Greg Monroe is the best freshmen in the country.

2. Willie Warren (Oklahoma)
The man can flat out score the basketball. He can put it on the deck, bury long balls, and he's got a quick first step. I need to see more of him, but the couple of games that I've watched Oklahoma (with the sole intent of watching Blake Griffin), he's impressed me.

3. Ed Davis (North Carolina)
Gotta love the all-out hustlers. Davis wants every rebound, and he's not your average young player who tries to get a rebound with length and athleticism. He knows how to box out and put himself in position to clear the glass. For a freshmen, he's pretty savvy.

4. Samardo Samuels (Louisville)
I've only seen him once, and he didn't play all that well. UNLV made him uncomfortable. But he's got soft hands, bangs hard, and from the clips I've seen, he's got a nice touch around the basket. Again, I need to see more of him, but I like his skill set.

5. Tyreke Evans (Memphis)
Honestly, I think Evans has been pretty overrated. From what I've seen, he tends to dribble without a purpose and his shot selection is abysmal. Yet, he's so fun to watch. You can clearly see that the talent is there. He's got good size, he's long, he's athletic, very quick.. and he really does move/weave like Dwyane Wade. He's got a long way to go, but I see why people have made those comparisons.

I hope he decides to stay in school. It's only January 1, but I think he needs more than three more months of college experience.

I'm still waiting to see the following guys: Jrue Holliday, DeMar DeRozan, Devin Ebanks, B.J. Mullins, Scotty Hopson, Al-Farouq Aminu, and Chris Singleton.
Check out my blog, Chapsketblog - http://chapsketblog.wordpress.com/

Re: Your Fave Five Freshmen
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 10:14:05 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
sadly, i havent watched much college ball thus far this season.

Re: Your Fave Five Freshmen
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 10:33:39 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
1. Ed Davis-This guy has a chance to be the best pro player from this extremely talented UNC team.
2. Al-Farouq Aminu-Playing extremely well for a STONG Wake Forest team.
3. Scotty Hopson-He's not coming along like a lot of people expected, but he's doing a good job replacing Chris Lofton.  He's a good shooter and plays solid defense.
4. Seth Curry-Little brother of Stephen and is a very similar player.  He's averaging around 20 a game.
5.  Ralph Sampson III-Yes, son of NBAer Ralph Sampson.  He may not be putting up amazing numbers, but putting up solid ones for Minnesota.  He's playing a little less then 20 minutes, but he's been blocking a lot of shots.  He looks like he could be a pretty solid bigman
do it