Author Topic: Great Article on NOLA Local Newsite Blasting LBJ for AD Fiasco  (Read 1032 times)

Great Article on NOLA Local Newsite Blasting LBJ for AD Fiasco
« on: February 15, 2019, 05:52:41 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
https://www.nola.com/pelicans/2019/02/anthony-davis-rich-paul-lit-the-torch-for-the-pelicans-dumpster-fire.html

Very well written article capturing the strong sentiments of Pelican fan base and management, blaming the terrible situation the Pels are in on Lebron James.

Awesome read.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 05:59:20 PM by footey »

Re: Great Article on NOLA Fansite Blasting LBJ for AD Fiasco
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 05:54:32 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I think that's a newspaper rather than a fansite, isn't it?  I know they blend together.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Great Article on NOLA Fansite Blasting LBJ for AD Fiasco
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 05:57:55 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
I think that's a newspaper rather than a fansite, isn't it?  I know they blend together.

My mistake. Thx for clarifying.

Re: Great Article on NOLA Local Newsite Blasting LBJ for AD Fiasco
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 06:03:08 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I wonder how this entire episode affects Klutch Sports, if at all.  Will players like that an agent was willing to do everything in his power to serve a client?  Or will they instead conclude that the agent pushed his own agenda, allowing his client's reputation to be destroyed while not accomplishing his goal?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2019, 06:09:17 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
I wonder how this entire episode affects Klutch Sports, if at all.  Will players like that an agent was willing to do everything in his power to serve a client?  Or will they instead conclude that the agent pushed his own agenda, allowing his client's reputation to be destroyed while not accomplishing his goal?

Hopefully, the latter.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2019, 06:11:55 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Well considering Davis requested a trade weeks before the deadline, thus creating distrust and organized chaos in the locker room, both parties are too blame, so I definitely don't want Davis to be left off the hook, even objectifying it from a player to another player's perspective... Davis could have also spoken out, but it would've made the agent look extremely bad if two people had opposing takes on how to proceed with this developing issue.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2019, 06:24:05 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis

Well considering Davis requested a trade weeks before the deadline, thus creating distrust and organized chaos in the locker room, both parties are too blame, so I definitely don't want Davis to be left off the hook, even objectifying it from a player to another player's perspective... Davis could have also spoken out, but it would've made the agent look extremely bad if two people had opposing takes on how to proceed with this developing issue.

The article gives Davis some of the blame, but feels that the push to trade him was driven by James through Paul.