Author Topic: Ray Allen Free Agency 'News' (Breaking Speculation: He's staying AND leaving)  (Read 123597 times)

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Maybe Ray is trying to make the Celtics feel as dangled as he was with the different trade ideas.

Hopeful thinking.

Sure.

I also think this may well be part of the whole process. Ray wants to hear what Miami's official offer is, so he can weigh it against Ainge's.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Costs $8,360 for  a full page ad in the globe.  Who wants to pool our funds to let Ray know we want him back?
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

Offline anthony83

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36

Not Chalmers please, I hate to Chalmers, what is happening here?

Twitter: @Theanswer83

Offline Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
Has there been a Ray siting anywhere in Boston?

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Another thought, if Ainge knows that Bradley is going to miss the start of the season, why not just guarantee Ray that he'll be the starting shooting guard on opening night?  

You don't have to guarantee it forever, but tell him that it'll be his job to lose and that if Bradley retakes it, he'll have to earn it back.  

That's more than what Miami can offer him.  

Offline Shoot the J

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 33
"Reasons 1&2 are why I think a S&T for Chalmers makes some sense.  It allows Miami to pay Ray $5.1 million this year, and opens up more playing time for him (probably still won't start, but it means he'd only have to fight Norris Cole for minutes, not Chalmers and Cole.)  And Chalmers might be a better fit for the Celtics anyway, as he'd be a true backup point, as opposed to Terry or AB, who can play it, but are more 2's"

On a team filled with unlikable guys, I loathe Chalmers more than anyone. I hate his game and I hate his face. I get angry every time the camera cuts to his face. Do I have a good reason? No, I don't. He fits perfectly in Miami and that allows me to continue my hatred. 

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Maybe Ray is trying to make the Celtics feel as dangled as he was with the different trade ideas.

Hopeful thinking.
Hope this is wrong. Kind of makes Ray look petty and immature and I never got that from him.

He's a businessman looking for the best deal that fits his and his family's current needs. He's playing teams off one another until someone blinks and he gets what he wants.

My guess is he wants more than 2 years, more than $5 million per year, he wants no trade assurances(possibly with a no trade clause or a huge no trade kicker) and he wants a chance to win another ring.

Whoever gets him the most of the above things probably gets Ray.

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Hopeful thinking.
Hope this is wrong. Kind of makes Ray look petty and immature and I never got that from him.

He's a businessman looking for the best deal that fits his and his family's current needs. He's playing teams off one another until someone blinks and he gets what he wants.

My guess is he wants more than 2 years, more than $5 million per year, he wants no trade assurances(possibly with a no trade clause or a huge no trade kicker) and he wants a chance to win another ring.

This is it right here.

I believe he wants the money and he also wants assurance that never again will his name be involved in any trade talks. Whoever can offer that I believe will land Ray.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
"Reasons 1&2 are why I think a S&T for Chalmers makes some sense.  It allows Miami to pay Ray $5.1 million this year, and opens up more playing time for him (probably still won't start, but it means he'd only have to fight Norris Cole for minutes, not Chalmers and Cole.)  And Chalmers might be a better fit for the Celtics anyway, as he'd be a true backup point, as opposed to Terry or AB, who can play it, but are more 2's"

On a team filled with unlikable guys, I loathe Chalmers more than anyone. I hate his game and I hate his face. I get angry every time the camera cuts to his face. Do I have a good reason? No, I don't. He fits perfectly in Miami and that allows me to continue my hatred. 

But how do you really feel?

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Costs $8,360 for  a full page ad in the globe.  Who wants to pool our funds to let Ray know we want him back?
Can I pay in Tommy Points?

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
Can I pay in Tommy Points?

Or gum?

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Hopeful thinking.

Yeah, but remember if he takes our deal he can still sign a vet min. contract in the summer of 14 for about 1.5m. So you're looking at a 3 yr deal of approximately 9.5m with Miami, or the Boston 2 yr deal (plus a vet minimum salary in 2014) which would be around 13.5m.

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
KG and Bass are signing up for 3 more years, Pierce has 2 more, and Rondo has, what, 2 more as well? Just give Ray 3 years at $6M per, with a no-trade clause, and get this done. Yeah, Ray might be terrible in a couple years, but you know what? if he is, it will be at a relatively small price, or maybe he'd just retire anyway. Danny's plan seems to be basically sticking with the current core for the next 2-3 years, so why not give Ray this kind of deal?
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Offline Rondooooooooo

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
  • Truth Hurts
what if ray isn't even considering boston? what if he's just there trying to work out all the details of a deal?
"My name is Shaquille O'Neal, and Paul Pierce is the [expletive] truth. Quote me on that, and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

(another guy on twitter). Norris Cole to Celts for Ray?
« Reply #389 on: July 06, 2012, 02:09:35 PM »

Offline anthony83

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
 What??? ???

I do not understand, I do not want to come to Boston no Miami player, I hate them all.

https://twitter.com/Ronnie2K/status/221302570348589057
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 02:15:58 PM by Fafnir »

Twitter: @Theanswer83