Author Topic: Ray Allen Free Agency 'News' (Breaking Speculation: He's staying AND leaving)  (Read 123461 times)

Offline anthony83

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
   A. Sherrod Blakely thinks he's going to Miami

It may be true, but at the time Blakely also said he believed that KG was going to retire.
 It is true that everyone believes that Ray will go to Miami, also on ESPN, NBA writer JA Adande.

Twitter: @Theanswer83

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Ray to the Heat is done according to this blogger

https://twitter.com/#!/DSmithofficial
Remember "we're" you heard it first ::)

Caught that too. An Emory grad, eh?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

This same guy retweeted a fake Woj twitter yesterday saying the heat were signing Ray Allen.  
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

This same guy retweeted a fake Woj twitter yesterday saying the heat were signing Ray Allen. 

That guy looks like he thinks he's pretty important and funny. Like he would *like* to tell you about his screenplay, but he doesn't want to give too much away. Can't be too careful, you know?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline Rondooooooooo

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
  • Truth Hurts
incarcerated bob believes the deal is set for miami. but i don't believe he's legit even a little
"My name is Shaquille O'Neal, and Paul Pierce is the [expletive] truth. Quote me on that, and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Uh Oh.  I hear Danny Spent 20 bucks on lunch today...  That means Ray HAS to be leaving.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Uh Oh.  I hear Danny Spent 20 bucks on lunch today...  That means Ray HAS to be leaving.

You sure he wasn't buying subs for himself and Ray from the Deli Guy?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Ray joining the enemy , might just add a little extra fuel to KG's , ROndo and Pauls fire.

The Heat can expect the same treatment the United States gave Japan after Pearl Harbor.

Payback was buggerbear ..Heat will be certain to get 100% max effort out of the Celtics.

Stern again?

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91

It may be true, but at the time Blakely also said he believed that KG was going to retire.
 It is true that everyone believes that Ray will go to Miami, also on ESPN, NBA writer JA Adande.

That's great news for us...best sign that Ray is staying!!

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385

The may be right, but I feel like none of these so-called experts are actually addressing any of the specifics of the situation. 

1) The Celtics are offering twice as much money as Miami.

2) Ray probably has a better chance to start here than he does in Miami (there's a good chance Bradley isn't going to be ready to start the season, all but guaranteeing Ray will start). 

3) By going to Miami, Ray will essentially be admitting that he's a role player.  There'll be no more Big Three or Core Four.  He'll now be a bench player and spot up jump shooter. 

4) Ray would have to leave his home in New England where his family lives. 

This reminds me a lot of the BS last time around, when the  media ignored all the facts (cap space, etc.) and just based their rumors off of which teams talked about wanting Ray the most.

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 652
  • MASTER OF PANIC
love ya ray...but i am ready for the Cs to move on past this soap opera...with or without you

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

The may be right, but I feel like none of these so-called experts are actually addressing any of the specifics of the situation. 

1) The Celtics are offering twice as much money as Miami.

2) Ray probably has a better chance to start here than he does in Miami (there's a good chance Bradley isn't going to be ready to start the season, all but guaranteeing Ray will start). 

3) By going to Miami, Ray will essentially be admitting that he's a role player.  There'll be no more Big Three or Core Four.  He'll now be a bench player and spot up jump shooter. 

4) Ray would have to leave his home in New England where his family lives. 

This reminds me a lot of the BS last time around, when the  media ignored all the facts (cap space, etc.) and just based their rumors off of which teams talked about wanting Ray the most.

Reasons 1&2 are why I think a S&T for Chalmers makes some sense.  It allows Miami to pay Ray $5.1 million this year, and opens up more playing time for him (probably still won't start, but it means he'd only have to fight Norris Cole for minutes, not Chalmers and Cole.)  And Chalmers might be a better fit for the Celtics anyway, as he'd be a true backup point, as opposed to Terry or AB, who can play it, but are more 2's.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Someone text me when all the drama is done and we know for sure. This is getting exhausting.

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Maybe Ray is trying to make the Celtics feel as dangled as he was with the different trade ideas.

Hopeful thinking.

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
Maybe Ray is trying to make the Celtics feel as dangled as he was with the different trade ideas.

Hopeful thinking.

But smart thinking. Nobody's really mentioned it yet. Sorta like Ray saying "I don't have to put up with this"