Author Topic: Ray Allen Free Agency 'News' (Breaking Speculation: He's staying AND leaving)  (Read 123765 times)

Re: Ray Allen Free Agency News (Breaking Speculation: No trade clause?)
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2012, 12:27:27 PM »

Offline Rondooooooooo

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
  • Truth Hurts

edit - no profanity
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 12:28:28 PM by wdleehi »
"My name is Shaquille O'Neal, and Paul Pierce is the [expletive] truth. Quote me on that, and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2012, 12:28:16 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 672
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Everything I've heard says that AB will be back before the season starts.  I'd bet they re-sign Pietrus as the depth option. 

they will resign pietrus anyway..he is a good defender..but they will also go after another SG to fill ray's spot

Maybe semantics, but I'd say that JET fills Ray's spot, and they pursue a 2/3 wing to replace Sasha/Quis.  Vet-min type guy.  Moore COULD potentially crack a spot open for himself, if he plays really well in Summer League.  They seem to like him, and he's looked decent at times, but it's time now to see whether he's the equivalent of the vet-min guys they might be able to bring in instead.

yeah..a lot depends on AB's health...if he is good to go in november..it allows boston some flex with JET the 6th man...if he isn't healthy...doc will have to get creative

i would like to see:
green
bass
wilcox
TBA SG
pietrus

« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2012, 12:29:54 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
if he goes to miami it is about revenge and that the issues with boston hurt him.

he wont start there..won't get paid as much..as honestly will have about the same chance at another title

« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2012, 12:31:11 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
if he goes to miami it is about revenge and that the issues with boston hurt him.

he wont start there..won't get paid as much..as honestly will have about the same chance at another title

If he goes to Miami, it is because he wants to live in Miami.

« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2012, 12:43:16 PM »

Offline sinbad

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 56
Pat Riley is home in LA, Lebron is in Ohio, Wade is on vacation. Yeah, Ray is sooooo important to them. Conference calls and tweets will sell Ray. What a slap in the face to the best shooter in the history of the game.

« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2012, 12:44:01 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32

When all of his family is in Boston?

I mean, if he likes Miami that much, he could always retire.  :D

« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2012, 12:44:52 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

maybe..but in basketball sense..it seems he is the one wanting out of boston and not boston wanting him to go

« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2012, 12:45:59 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

When all of his family is in Boston?

I mean, if he likes Miami that much, he could always retire.  :D

All of his family would move to Miami as well.  

Supposedly, he is looking to make his final move right now, and bring his family with him.  And I would not begrudge him for wanting to make that move to Miami.  

What he doesn't want to do is enroll his kids in school again in Wellsley this year, then get traded in midyear and have to go someplace else, not of his own choosing.  And then move again when he retires.

This will be the retirement move IMO.

« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2012, 12:47:10 PM »

Offline Lord of Mikawa

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 66
  • Anti-Lakers&Anti-Heat
Pat Riley is home in LA, Lebron is in Ohio, Wade is on vacation. Yeah, Ray is sooooo important to them. Conference calls and tweets will sell Ray. What a slap in the face to the best shooter in the history of the game.
Wow what a way to try and recruit Ray.
Signed to a 6 year $0 contract with the Celtics Blog forum!

« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2012, 12:48:33 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i actually think the sticking point with boston is he doesn't wanted to be traded/rumored to be traded.

if boston would say ok ray..2 year deal, we won't shop you, retire a Celtic...here is more money than the heat..he probably would stay

« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2012, 12:49:57 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

maybe..but in basketball sense..it seems he is the one wanting out of boston and not boston wanting him to go

I am not sure Boston wants him that badly.  If they did, they would give him a no trade clause, and be done with it.  They want him on their terms.  And those terms do not give Ray much security, given how many times they have tried to trade him recently.

i actually think the sticking point with boston is he doesn't wanted to be traded/rumored to be traded.

if boston would say ok ray..2 year deal, we won't shop you, retire a Celtic...here is more money than the heat..he probably would stay

Absolutely.  It would have been done long ago.  But Danny is not interested in him to that level (nor should he be, that is a huge risk, given the team's current state).  So, I just cannot blame Ray for wanting to go someplace where he might feel more secure and comfortable to settle down for the end of his career.

« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2012, 12:52:27 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

I am not sure Boston wants him that badly.  If they did, they would give him a no trade clause, and be done with it.  They want him on their terms.  And those terms do not give Ray much security, given how many times they have tried to trade him recently.

i see your point...maybe secretly boston wants him to go....maybe the quick offer was just good media play...whatever it might be..i am anxious to see what happens if he does leave...

« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2012, 12:54:32 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1415
  • Let's Go Celtics!

That's part as basketball. Danny didn't give Paul a no-trade clause, as far as we know KG doesn't have one (or is it still in effect from his Minnesota days?), Rondo is constantly in trade rumors. Being traded is part of this business - Danny's is not going to, and he shouldn't, take an asset off the table because Ray is overly sensitive.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2012, 12:55:44 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

i see your point...maybe secretly boston wants him to go....maybe the quick offer was just good media play...whatever it might be..i am anxious to see what happens if he does leave...

Yeah, I don't think its black and white that they want him to stay, or they want him to go.

I think they would love him on their terms, because they are not going to do better for a short term, MLE type backup wing.  He is by far the best option out there for that.  

However, they also are completely ready to move on, if he isn't happy with those terms.  

« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2012, 12:58:32 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Yeah, I don't think its black and white that they want him to stay, or they want him to go.

I think they would love him on their terms, because they are not going to do better for a short term, MLE type backup wing.  He is by far the best option out there for that.  

However, they also are completely ready to move on, if he isn't happy with those terms.  

and we all know danny has a plan if he walks...