Author Topic: PEDs / Steroid in Sports: Where Do You Stand?  (Read 20748 times)

Re: PEDs / Steroid in Sports: Where Do You Stand?
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2023, 01:16:41 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
I've always wondered how LeBron never suffered any season-ending injuries throughout his career with his athleticism out on the court. I'm talking about his younger/peak days, not the latter Laker days of his. I've never seen him blown an ACL or tear an Achilles or those type of injuries.

He does keep a pretty good secret in taking PEDs to keep his body in shape.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2023, 07:25:18 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
I've always wondered how LeBron never suffered any season-ending injuries throughout his career with his athleticism out on the court. I'm talking about his younger/peak days, not the latter Laker days of his. I've never seen him blown an ACL or tear an Achilles or those type of injuries.

because some guys are just more physically gifted than others like Malone, Kareem, Mutombo, Kobe , etc.  And Lebron did miss the last half a season in LA.  Frankly, using roids makes it more likely you will get those type of injuries
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2023, 07:34:40 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159

because some guys are just more physically gifted than others like Malone, Kareem, Mutombo, Kobe , etc.  And Lebron did miss the last half a season in LA.  Frankly, using roids makes it more likely you will get those type of injuries

Right, he's a genetic freak, and typical steroids like synthetic testosterone will make him more likely to get injured, but I would wager he has dabbled in Human Growth Hormone.

HGH plays a vital role in preventing and aiding recovery from injuries.

https://www.hgh.com/health/role-growth-hormone-healing-injuries-wounds/

« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2023, 11:32:58 AM »

Offline Walker Wiggle

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 125
If you don’t think that NBA players use PEDs — including guys that score their highest PPG averages at age 38, is the most athletic guy on the court even when playing against guys a decade younger, never seem to get tired, and have massive muscle mass even after a grueling season in which they’ve played heavy minutes — then I’m not even sure where to start.

« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2023, 01:55:36 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2485

Right, he's a genetic freak, and typical steroids like synthetic testosterone will make him more likely to get injured, but I would wager he has dabbled in Human Growth Hormone.

He's probably using a whole cocktail of stuff that we've never heard of,  in addition to the HGH.  I don't think the old-school thinking about "steroids cause injuries" is applicable here. LeBron isn't doing 1970's bodybuilding juice. The added weight/torque might put more pressure on your joints, but you have a lot of extra muscular support holding things together.

And honestly, LeBron’s go-to move has always been to go into the defender's body and use his mass against them.

He built up that extra muscle and used it to great effect. He's the Barry Bonds of basketball.

« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2023, 01:59:27 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
I'm glad LeBron is finally getting outed.

Next up is the Miami Heat organization. The are the St Louis Cardinals of basketball. Aka dirty even by sports standards.

Am I missing something? How did he get outed here?

« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2023, 06:39:40 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
  I’m all for anything that isn’t harmful to a person long term that would help heal injuries. I’d love sone if that ,myself. Just to live a more pain free life. But I don’t know much in the subject.

« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2023, 06:41:14 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
It's hilariously ironic that the person who oversaw and benefited the most from the baseball steroid era, Bud Selig, is in the hall of fame.  But the majority of the players who put him there are forever shunned.   Doesn't seem to be much of an issue in baseball.

If it is in the NBA, The star-based officiating dwarfs it as an issue.   

« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2023, 03:59:00 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo

Next up is the Miami Heat organization. The are the St Louis Cardinals of basketball. Aka dirty even by sports standards.

LeBron's childhood friend and business manager was named in DEA reports as buying PED's. His trainer was also named.

Gee, I wonder who those PED's were for? Maybe it's like Roger Clemens and Peyton Manning where it was just for their wives lol.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 10:14:15 AM by kraidstar »

« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2023, 05:28:34 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159

He's probably using a whole cocktail of stuff that we've never heard of,  in addition to the HGH.  I don't think the old-school thinking about "steroids cause injuries" is applicable here. LeBron isn't doing 1970's bodybuilding juice. The added weight/torque might put more pressure on your joints, but you have a lot of extra muscular support holding things together.

And honestly, LeBron’s go-to move has always been to go into the defender's body and use his mass against them.

He built up that extra muscle and used it to great effect. He's the Barry Bonds of basketball.

Totally agreee. Well said

« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2023, 09:28:31 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

LeBron's childhood friend and business manager was named in DEA reports as buying PED's. His trainer was also named.

Gee, I wonder who those PED's were for? Maybe it's like Roger Clemens and Peyton Manning where it was just for their wives lol.

Oh I see. That is actually a decent amount of smoke. Is suspect nothing will come of it.

« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2023, 10:13:02 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo

Oh I see. That is actually a decent amount of smoke. Is suspect nothing will come of it.

Yeah, unfortunately the media and league will not press this much. The last thing the corporate sports world needs is the assassination of one of their golden boys.

« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2023, 04:12:54 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
Hedo died for this.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2023, 06:34:41 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526
It's hilariously ironic that the person who oversaw and benefited the most from the baseball steroid era, Bud Selig, is in the hall of fame.  But the majority of the players who put him there are forever shunned.   Doesn't seem to be much of an issue in baseball.

Is infamy fame?  If so, the HOF should unabashedly tell the full story of baseball and include its ‘villains’. Consider a ‘Hall of Infamy’ around the corner from Fame busts. Busts for Shoeless Joe, Pete Rose, Barry Bonds, Clemens.  None them committed murder and all of them contributed to baseball’s history. The steroid era was a blast. Only time I’ve had interest in baseball since I was a kid.

Each one of Rose, Bonds, Clemens tells an amazing story of spectacularly gifted players with unprecedented achievements, but with a substantial downside.  Would be the most interesting stories in the Hall and would reflect a museum wanting to tell its actual history.

« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2023, 11:02:52 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620

Is infamy fame?  If so, the HOF should unabashedly tell the full story of baseball and include its ‘villains’. Consider a ‘Hall of Infamy’ around the corner from Fame busts. Busts for Shoeless Joe, Pete Rose, Barry Bonds, Clemens.  None them committed murder and all of them contributed to baseball’s history. The steroid era was a blast. Only time I’ve had interest in baseball since I was a kid.

Each one of Rose, Bonds, Clemens tells an amazing story of spectacularly gifted players with unprecedented achievements, but with a substantial downside.  Would be the most interesting stories in the Hall and would reflect a museum wanting to tell its actual history.

Yup I agree to that. Big Mac and Sosa chase brought me back to baseball. Although admittedly no longer watch after we got our second WS since the curse.
ok fine