Author Topic: Anybody else lose the Bs feed and get switched to Sux game?  (Read 10600 times)

Anybody else lose the Bs feed and get switched to Sux game?
« on: April 21, 2010, 11:05:54 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
At the beginning of the second overtime, the NESN feed started to flicker, went blank for a second and then the Stupid Red Sox were on.

The only way I knew the Bruins won was because the fans in Fenway were cheering.

Did this happen to anyone else?

All I could think of was my resentment as a Cs and Bs fan for the way this town marginalizes the Bs/Cs and panders to Sox fans.

Re: Anybody else lose the Bs feed and get switched to Sux game?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 11:06:43 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Luckily, no.  I would have been ripped if that happened.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 11:10:04 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
At the beginning of the second overtime, the NESN feed started to flicker, went blank for a second and then the Stupid Red Sox were on.

The only way I knew the Bruins won was because the fans in Fenway were cheering.

All I could think of was my resentment as a Cs and Bs fan for the way this town marginalizes the Bs/Cs and panders to Sox fans.

No thankfully I didn'ty and I could flip back to sox in commercials and intermissions. I'm sorry your feed got switched to the Sox,  BUT DON'T CALL THE SOX SUX EVER AGAIN!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 11:16:06 PM by Mike-Dub »
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 11:25:36 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

No thankfully I didn'ty and I could flip back to sox in commercials and intermissions. I'm sorry your feed got switched to the Sox,  BUT DON'T CALL THE SOX SUX EVER AGAIN!

Must've been a Freudian slip expressing my resentment.  ;)

Thanks for your response, Mike-D, but the constant relegation to the back seat (and even the trunk) that our Cs and the Bs always take in this town to the Red Stockings, even during the playoffs really galls me. And to add insult to injury, to have the feed changed from a double overtime thriller that I had watched all of up until the feed change to a meaningless baseball game IN APRIL just rubbed salt in my wounds.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 12:05:16 AM by csfansince60s »

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 11:28:23 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

No thankfully I didn'ty and I could flip back to sox in commercials and intermissions. I'm sorry your feed got switched to the Sox,  BUT DON'T CALL THE SOX SUX EVER AGAIN!

Must've been a Freudian slip expressing my resentment.

Thanks for your response, Mike-D, but the constant relegation to the back seat (and even the trunk) that our Cs and the Bs always take in this town to the Red Stockings, even during the playoffs really galls me. And to add insult to injury, to have the feed changed from a double overtime thriller that I had watched all of up until the feed change to a meaningless baseball game IN APRIL just rubbed salt in my wounds.

Where are you located, C60s?  Right around Boston?

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 11:29:08 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen

Yeah I know what you mean B's and C's don't get enough respect at all and even though I love the Sox but if it switched the B's playoffs game that I was watching like you and enjoying so much I would have been livid too.  

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 11:29:55 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

Where are you located, C60s?  Right around Boston?

North Shore, Roy. Thanks.

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 11:33:55 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

Yeah I know what you mean B's and C's don't get enough respect at all and even though I love the Sox but if it switched the B's playoffs game that I was watching like you and enjoying so much I would have been livid too.  

C'est la vie, Mike-D, and thanks for the empathy. I appreciate yours and Roy's interest. That's one of the reasons I like this blog so much. I may not post a lot but enjoy the camaraderie and the ideas exchanged here. Thanks again.

TPs to you and Roy.

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 11:36:40 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen

C'est la vie, Mike-D, and thanks for the empathy. I appreciate yours and Roy's interest. That's one of the reasons I like this blog so much. I may not post a lot but enjoy the camaraderie and the ideas exchanged here. Thanks again.

TPs to you and Roy.

Thx man TP to you to somewhat make up for what NESN did. 

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 11:43:01 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
TP back at you, C60s.   That's completely unacceptable.  Of course, when the network is 80% owned by the Red Sox (and 20% owned by the Bruins), I guess it's easy to see where their loyalties lie.

Up here in Maine, the game was actually broadcast on two stations, one showing the NESN feed and the other the Canadian hockey broadcast.  I chose the NESN stream, but next time, I'll go with the Canadian station.  If NESN is going to screw its loyal Bruins fans, I'll take my viewership elsewhere.

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2010, 12:01:35 AM »

Offline PierceMVP08

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
  • And the Truth shall set you free

I agree with you completely about the celts and bruins taking a back seat, especially the celts.  I don't care what anyone says, the Celts have a large and passionate following that can compete with the sox, but its those in the media that decides what gets the attention, and they refuse to do anything but sox.  There are so many shows dedicated to baseball and the sox in boston that I don't watch but if they had shows about the Celts, I would certainly watch, and I know others would too.

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010, 12:08:00 AM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
TP back at you, C60s.   That's completely unacceptable.  Of course, when the network is 80% owned by the Red Sox (and 20% owned by the Bruins), I guess it's easy to see where their loyalties lie.

Up here in Maine, the game was actually broadcast on two stations, one showing the NESN feed and the other the Canadian hockey broadcast.  I chose the NESN stream, but next time, I'll go with the Canadian station.  If NESN is going to screw its loyal Bruins fans, I'll take my viewership elsewhere.

Actually NESN didn't screw most of its loyal Bruins fans, because I had the whole game on NESN and wasn't switched over to the Sox, and the Sox were on NESN Plus for me.

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2010, 12:10:22 AM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen

I agree with you completely about the celts and bruins taking a back seat, especially the celts.  I don't care what anyone says, the Celts have a large and passionate following that can compete with the sox, but its those in the media that decides what gets the attention, and they refuse to do anything but sox.  There are so many shows dedicated to baseball and the sox in boston that I don't watch but if they had shows about the Celts, I would certainly watch, and I know others would too.

It's because the Sox fan base use to be a million times bigger than the C's, but since 07-08 the C's fan base has grown like crazy.  Still isn't as big as the Sox though.

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2010, 12:38:21 AM »

Offline PierceMVP08

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
  • And the Truth shall set you free

It's because the Sox fan base use to be a million times bigger than the C's, but since 07-08 the C's fan base has grown like crazy.  Still isn't as big as the Sox though.

I still disagree with that.  Even through the bad years, attendance was still steady and growing up (i'm 23) I was surrounded by a lot of Celtics fans.  I never felt as if people preferred the sox over the Celts like the media does.

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2010, 11:15:26 AM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen

I still disagree with that.  Even through the bad years, attendance was still steady and growing up (i'm 23) I was surrounded by a lot of Celtics fans.  I never felt as if people preferred the sox over the Celts like the media does.

From where I live in Rhode Island I really felt that people preferred the Sox over the Celts and that the Celts weren't even cared about where I lived until 07-08 which is a shame because I feel that the C's should always be cared about through good and bad like I have and like I've done with all of the Boston teams I have come to love.