Author Topic: Bavetta seriously needs to retire  (Read 1074 times)

Bavetta seriously needs to retire
« on: November 26, 2009, 11:29:18 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
No he hasn’t done anything egregious yet but every time he appears in the frame I get distracted from the game. There is no way he should be doing this job at his age. Is the NBA rigorously monitoring the vision, hearing, fitness and reflexes of their refs regularly? I’d love to know how their job evaluations are made.

And the Jazz offense is looking very good tonight. So beautiful to watch when it’s running smoothly. But watching Milsap makes me miss Leon  :-[
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

Re: Bavetta seriously needs to retire
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 02:05:48 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I agree, unfortunately ... after last year's performance, it was very clear that he could no longer make objective calls, or keep up with the flow of the game. I have always thought of Dick as the best and most respected official in the NBA, but his game-calling last year was horrendous, and it's time he retired before he brings more shame to himself and NBA Officiating in general.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 11:29:19 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
I agree, unfortunately ... after last year's performance, it was very clear that he could no longer make objective calls, or keep up with the flow of the game. I have always thought of Dick as the best and most respected official in the NBA, but his game-calling last year was horrendous, and it's time he retired before he brings more shame to himself and NBA Officiating in general.

TP. The fact that he's still around and supposedly one of their best refs just makes it more obvious that the NBA is not interested in maintaining the integrity of the officiating. IIRC Didn't his name come up in the Donaghy rumors? Or that's maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 11:43:15 AM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
He's only like 75 I don't see what the big deal is. Most men his age are in their prime.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.