Author Topic: If Kings Pick Is #14, Then Who Do You Think We Take There?  (Read 9120 times)

Re: If Kings Pick Is #14, Then Who Do You Think We Take There?
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2019, 05:52:36 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
 The to take the best player available, regardless of position.

Having said that, I really would like to see them with a sharpshooter for the bench.

« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2019, 06:30:25 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Whoever New Orleans wanted.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2019, 07:21:14 PM »

Offline CelticsQuestFor18

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
I still hold out hope that Memphis puts together a few wins and that pick translates this year too.
Why?

This is a weak draft overall, plus I'd rather have pick diversity given we're already looking at a likely low lottery pick from SAC.

Yeah that pick could end up gold in 2020 or 2021.

To me, that’s the best reason to hope the pick doesn’t convey this year - the protections fall away over the next two years and there’s a chance at a better pick down the line - and the timing could work really well, giving us a high-talent young player on a cost-controlled contract two years from now.

That said, if the pick lands ninth this year I won’t be too disappointed. It’s good value to include in a trade.

There is a far higher chance that Memphis improves over the next 2 years than gets worse meaning that pick loses value.

If Memphis gets a top 5 pick and adds that to JJJ and JV they are looking better already, add another top 5 pick and they are in the playoffs when the pick become unprotected.

Yeah, I’m sure that’s what’s been said about Phoenix.

Add Ayton to Booker and Jackson and they are a playoff team!

They are still fighting for worst record.

I truthfully have no clue what Phoenix is doing and no clue what their direction is. They'll land a Top-4 pick, draft someone, then what? Another tanking year? Feel like by next season Booker himself will want out from there lol.

I recently read an article that the NBA is looking into the Phoenix Suns and to put it bluntly, find out what the hell it is they're doing.

They haven't made the playoffs since 2010 and haven't won more than 25 games the last 4 seasons.

It just looks bad all around for the league, the team and it's players and fans.

I believe their GM is now James Jones who used to play with Bron in Miami.

The folks in Phoenix deserve so much better, including some of the players on that team like Booker. I still laugh when I hear that Phoenix lady in one of the council meetings absolutely ripping Robert Sarver.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UkyaVYRUew