Author Topic: If Kings Pick Is #14, Then Who Do You Think We Take There?  (Read 9130 times)

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
Sorry if this has been discussed somewhere else but I couldn't find anything. It's likely because there's still questions on where each pick lands and who makes/misses the playoffs, which is understandable. But lets say after the lottery is conducted that the Kings Pick is at #14 (which seems likely) and that's where we select. What prospect(s) do we like in that range? I honestly haven't really done my homework on who could be available in that range nor am I truly familiar with many names outside of the "obvious" top names for this Draft.

And if you want, maybe we can expand and discuss briefly who we could take at #19 (Clippers Pick) and between #21-23 (our own pick).

Yes, you take the best player available at that pick, but my preference would be to add another guard to potentially replace Rozier going forward, and another solid big to add to this front court. Are there guys in this Draft at those selection spots who can fill those roster areas?

Thanks guys!  ;D
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: If Kings Pick Is #14, Then Who Do You Think We Take There?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 07:47:44 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
zion  little bro

LEON

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 07:47:55 PM »

Offline CptZoogs

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
My wish list is an active big and a pg capable of running the 2nd unit.  I could see us picking up someone like Tre Jones in the 20's.  I would also gamble on Bol Bol with the Sac pick.

I know we are flush with wings, but if the Griz pick is at 8 and Little is available, I think I would take him.

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2019, 07:50:12 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
My wish list is an active big and a pg capable of running the 2nd unit.  I could see us picking up someone like Tre Jones in the 20's.  I would also gamble on Bol Bol with the Sac pick.

I know we are flush with wings, but if the Griz pick is at 8 and Little is available, I think I would take him.

I think the Grizzlies Pick is Top-8 protected, meaning if it conveys, it would be at 9 or lower.

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 07:51:07 PM »

Offline CptZoogs

• Jaylen Brown

I think the Grizzlies Pick is Top-8 protected, meaning if it conveys, it would be at 9 or lower.

You are correct!  Meant to say 9.

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2019, 07:52:19 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Yep. And gambling on Bol Bol is an interesting thought with SAC Pick. I hope the Grizzlies pick doesn't convey though. Could be gold in 2020 or 2021. 

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2019, 07:58:11 PM »

Offline CptZoogs

• Jaylen Brown

Yep. And gambling on Bol Bol is an interesting thought with SAC Pick. I hope the Grizzlies pick doesn't convey though. Could be gold in 2020 or 2021.

Agreed!

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2019, 08:04:41 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Whomever New Orleans tells us to take for them.

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2019, 08:05:54 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Whomever New Orleans tells us to take for them.

I figure this is going to be the popular answer around here  :P  :laugh:

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2019, 08:10:01 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Jontay Porter.  Skilled big with high Basketball IQ.  His athleticism is lacking, but he was very young his freshman year and had a high body fat % and lacked muscle.  That's fixable and he might not have physically matured yet.  Athleticism runs in his family.  Unfortunately, so do injuries.  If a medical staff approves him, he's my pick.

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2019, 08:14:25 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Jontay Porter.  Skilled big with high Basketball IQ.  His athleticism is lacking, but he was very young his freshman year and had a high body fat % and lacked muscle.  That's fixable and he might not have physically matured yet.  Athleticism runs in his family.  Unfortunately, so do injuries.  If a medical staff approves him, he's my pick.

I've actually seen some mocks that have us taking the gamble on Porter. I wouldn't be against it. Coby White is another common name I see in mocks at #14.

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2019, 08:27:50 PM »

Offline CelticsQuestFor18

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
We could gamble on Bol Bol at either pick #19 or #22. Hopefully he's not taken before then.

I don't know if we trade for Davis, but if we do I would try to keep our own pick and take a guard with it like White or Jones. Or if Porter's stock drops into the early 20s, take him there.

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2019, 08:33:21 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Another small-forward  ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2019, 08:39:49 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
Give the Pelicans 4 1st round picks and Jaylen Brown.

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2019, 09:12:51 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
We could gamble on Bol Bol at either pick #19 or #22. Hopefully he's not taken before then.

I don't know if we trade for Davis, but if we do I would try to keep our own pick and take a guard with it like White or Jones. Or if Porter's stock drops into the early 20s, take him there.

How is Jones? I haven't really heard about him.