Author Topic: Team should be ashamed of that effort  (Read 5470 times)

Re: Team should be ashamed of that effort
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2018, 07:41:09 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Wait. There was an effort?

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2018, 07:49:01 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
I just don't see why Baynes or Semi get a lot of PT

semi sux

Stevens needs to start catching some heat. His rotations are horrible and he sticks with horrible players like Semi and Baynes. LOL at our "offense". Jack 38 3s and can't even break 100 FFS

I am totally in agreement with you. start firing asisstants if they cannot convey simple messages to the foolish players. it all lies at brads feet. he is the head man. i find it hard to believe we have so much lack of cognitive ability at times on the floor.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2018, 07:53:57 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Frankly, I think they needed that kind loss. Learn from this, realize that the flaws exist, and maybe change up how you go about some of the things (like creating offensive plays inside instead of jacking up 3s, etc.).

It's just unfortunate this loss happened on Paul Pierce's day, and in front of all those Celtic greats...  :(

They just had this kind of loss on Tuesday vs the Raptors and then again Friday getting down 26. This team has no pride and it is embarrassing.

amen. this crap is past getting old.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2018, 08:02:12 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I was so hoping during the ceremony Paul and KG would absolutely give the team the business

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2018, 08:04:37 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Brown and Tatum were our early supplemental scorers.

Lately Brown seems to be settling for 3 pointers. He needs to attack the hoop more.  Probably worried that he will get fouled, where he continues to short arm his foul shots.  Headcase. Needs therapy.

Teams have learned to guard Tatum at the 3 point. He has settled into becoming a long jump shot shooter. As a rookie, he doesn't get a lot of calls going to the hoop. That should not dissuade him from attacking.  Eventually he will get the calls.

Rozier is about the only guy who continues to get better, or at least not digress.

I continue to check the news feeds about Hayward. Man do we miss his skill set.

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2018, 08:07:43 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I would have liked to see a better effort on PP night!

We played crappy and shot bad.   But hey at least we have our own draft pick!   JK.

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2018, 08:09:55 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I would have liked to see a better effort on PP night!

We played crappy and shot bad.   But hey at least we have our own draft pick!   JK.

I mean, if you saw how they played, do you really think Tyreke Evans would have changed the result of this game?

Defense was awful and the effort/hustle just wasn't there for much of the 3rd quarter (where things got ugly). Also jacked up way too many 3s without success... smh  :(
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2018, 08:14:23 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I was so hoping during the ceremony Paul and KG would absolutely give the team the business

Me too, me too

I figure that's why they didn't give KG the microphone

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2018, 08:17:52 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
We looked like the Cavaliers looked a week ago - uninterested, uninspired, flat-footed with no bounce to our step. A tired basketball team - mentally tired.

Obviously this Celtics team has to shoot well to win, but the turnovers were concerning.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2018, 08:24:25 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
especially on Paul Pierce night.

Anyone still want to trade Marcus Smart?

They just don't have any answers on offense.

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2018, 08:25:58 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

The move by Stevens to play Semi 24 mins tonight is baffling.  He is a black hole on offense.

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2018, 08:38:12 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

The move by Stevens to play Semi 24 mins tonight is baffling.  He is a black hole on offense.

When he's in there with Baynes, its no wonder why we struggle to score.

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2018, 08:38:38 PM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2018, 08:40:18 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361
Frankly, I think they needed that kind loss. Learn from this, realize that the flaws exist, and maybe change up how you go about some of the things (like creating offensive plays inside instead of jacking up 3s, etc.).

It's just unfortunate this loss happened on Paul Pierce's day, and in front of all those Celtic greats...  :(

Agree. Losses suck, but they are teaching opportunities and we have a lot of young kids in the team that need these lessons. They need to go through a bit of adversity (as do we, as fans) to appreciate the successes more.

The hustle just wasn't there tonight. That and not taking care of the basketball. Three turnovers in a row in the 2nd quarter that were totally avoidable that the Cavs converted was when they started to pull away.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2018, 08:42:17 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Agree. Losses suck, but they are teaching opportunities and we have a lot of young kids in the team that need these lessons. They need to go through a bit of adversity (as do we, as fans) to appreciate the successes more.

Yeah. It's better to have these kind of losses now and to realize you "aren't as good as you could be" now than to have these kind of losses in early April.

I don't think this C's team is bad at all and they certainly can beat CLE, but yes it will come down to execution from every player, and in today's game, they didn't execute well and looked awful. That's the reality from today.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller