Author Topic: Celtics (1-0) at Bucks (0-1) Round 2 Game 2 4/30/19  (Read 46567 times)

Re: Celtics (1-0) at Bucks (0-1) Round 2 Game 2 4/30/19
« Reply #795 on: April 30, 2019, 10:42:41 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
One of the reporters in Brad's post game presser just said "I know Kyrie wasn't feeling the best tonight". I wonder if he was sick.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #796 on: April 30, 2019, 10:43:22 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I think what's more concerning than the 21 point loss is that the Celts just couldn't properly adjust.

When they saw the jump shots and 3s weren't falling, they should've gone back to fundamentals.

More passing, attacking the basket, guys playing off the ball, the 2 man game between Kyrie and Horford.

None of that was there. Instead the Celts just kinda surrendered and kept throwing hail marys.

Basketball is a game of adjustments because the other team will make runs throughout the course of a game.

They need to remember it's a team game. They probably also bought into their own hype as they won 5 consecutive playoff games. Let tonight be a wake up call that Milwaukee isn't just going to lay down and let the Celts beat them. Other than that, take tonight's game, throw it in the trash and come back like a real team on Friday.

« Reply #797 on: April 30, 2019, 10:44:11 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
Brad saying that Celtics poor shot selection leading to misses which then led to poor closeouts in transition. Bad offense leads to bad defense.

« Reply #798 on: April 30, 2019, 10:44:23 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
One of the reporters in Brad's post game presser just said "I know Kyrie wasn't feeling the best tonight". I wonder if he was sick.

He seemed off all night...

« Reply #799 on: April 30, 2019, 10:45:41 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
I think what's more concerning than tonight's loss is that the Celts just couldn't properly adjust.

When they saw the jump shots and 3s weren't falling, they should've gone back to fundamentals.

More passing, attacking the basket, guys playing off the ball, the 2 man game between Kyrie and Horford.

None of that was there. Instead the Celts just kinda surrendered and kept throwing hail marys.

Basketball is a game of adjustments because the other team will make runs throughout the course of a game.

They need to remember it's a team game. They probably also bought into their own hype as they won 5 consecutive playoff games. Let tonight be a wake up call that Milwaukee isn't just going to lay down and let the Celts beat them. Other than that, take tonight's game, throw in the trash and come back like a real team on Friday.

I've noticed this about the Celtics too...they're good at executing an existing strategy, but they don't seem to be very good at adjusting on the fly if the opposition makes an adjustment. It's like they have to wait till the game ends, then look at film, then come up with a new strategy for the next game. They need to be better at reading the game and making in game adjustments.

« Reply #800 on: April 30, 2019, 10:54:17 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I think what's more concerning than tonight's loss is that the Celts just couldn't properly adjust.

They need to remember it's a team game. They probably also bought into their own hype as they won 5 consecutive playoff games. Let tonight be a wake up call that Milwaukee isn't just going to lay down and let the Celts beat them. Other than that, take tonight's game, throw in the trash and come back like a real team on Friday.

I've noticed this about the Celtics too...they're good at executing an existing strategy, but they don't seem to be very good at adjusting on the fly if the opposition makes an adjustment. It's like they have to wait till the game ends, then look at film, then come up with a new strategy for the next game. They need to be better at reading the game and making in game adjustments.

Yup. If they wait 'til the game is over to look at film, they're not winning a championship. It's a trait they need to pick-up and pick-up fast because the playoffs come at you hard! Tonight hurt, but at this point, all we can do is just write it off and look forward to Friday night.

« Reply #801 on: April 30, 2019, 10:58:19 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I think they were adjusting pretty well on the fly the entire Indy series. Today, they just didn't. They weren't going to go undefeated in the playoffs and a bad game was going to happen sooner or later. Almost every team ever to play playoff basketball has had a bad game during their playoff run it happens.

And here is a prediction. The Celtics will have at least one more really bad game again this post season. Yet, they could still win it all. If they have one bad game for every 5 really good games in these playoffs, they are going to the Finals.

Positive. Gotta stay positive.

Stay positive with me people. I was one of the few staying positive all year for the Pat's in that thread and it paid off. Super Bowl title, baby. Gotta stay positive and send them vibes to the team.

Besides, there is no way this team is going to let Hondo down when they honor him on Friday. They will be up 2-1 by the end of Friday night.

« Reply #802 on: April 30, 2019, 11:22:51 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

I think they were adjusting pretty well on the fly the entire Indy series. Today, they just didn't. They weren't going to go undefeated in the playoffs and a bad game was going to happen sooner or later. Almost every team ever to play playoff basketball has had a bad game during their playoff run it happens.

And here is a prediction. The Celtics will have at least one more really bad game again this post season. Yet, they could still win it all. If they have one bad game for every 5 really good games in these playoffs, they are going to the Finals.

Stay positive with me people. I was one of the few staying positive all year for the Pat's in that thread and it paid off. Super Bowl title, baby. Gotta stay positive and send them vibes to the team.

Besides, there is no way this team is going to let Hondo down when they honor him on Friday. They will be up 2-1 by the end of Friday night.

Yep. 100% agree with this.

It’s okay to criticize or call out a team but it’s still nice to stay optimistic and actually root for your team to succeed as well.

No playoff runs are truly perfect either. Even the relentless Red Sox last year at two points found themselves tied 1-1 having lost home field (ALDS and ALCS). But they still won it all, right?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #803 on: May 01, 2019, 12:11:41 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White

I'm always positive  :laugh: The game looks like a disaster but it really just got away from us in that crazy 6 minute period in the 3rd where we needed composure and patience and reverted to hero ball and gave them transition 3s. End of day we're 1-1 and we have home court, I think we're still in the driver's seat. Like the Bucks did on Monday, they will have plenty to look at on film.

« Reply #804 on: May 01, 2019, 08:45:30 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
It took a fantastic game from the bucks, very very good shooting and poor performances from 3 key Celtics players for them to win.

Celtics will take the next 2 games at home and close it out in Game 6.