Author Topic: Celtics (1-0) at Bucks (0-1) Round 2 Game 2 4/30/19  (Read 46577 times)

Re: Celtics (1-0) at Bucks (0-1) Round 2 Game 2 4/30/19
« Reply #735 on: April 30, 2019, 10:13:22 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
hope this lost make us face reality

*sippin*

« Reply #736 on: April 30, 2019, 10:13:22 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
How many timeouts did Stevens call during the 28-2 run ?
Technically there were two.  I guess the third would have been the magic pill.

That's ludicrous, you call more than that on an embarrassing run like 28-2. When has 28-2 ever even happened in the playoffs ?
Not even the famous 1986 Celts third quarter vs Hawks.
Says who?  At what point do you blame the players for playing like garbage?
I don't think literally anyone is saying the players aren't to blame, at least to a certain extent. They can still be to blame while the coach fails to put them in positions to succeed
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #737 on: April 30, 2019, 10:13:53 PM »

Online tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722

That's ludicrous, you call more than that on an embarrassing run like 28-2. When has 28-2 ever even happened in the playoffs ?

Says anyone who knows anything about basketball. I blame the players even more, but Stevens not trying to stop a runaway train is bad coaching in any book.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #738 on: April 30, 2019, 10:14:49 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
The Celtics better not drop Game 3 or their season is over.

Don't become a victim of those other teams who've won Game 1 on the road and then got swept.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #739 on: April 30, 2019, 10:14:49 PM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
Not much to do when Kyrie plays maybe his worst game as a Celtic and Middleton plays the game of his life, in MIL. First two games were outliers. I expect the next game to be closer.

Plus, now both teams have finally lost their first playoff game.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #740 on: April 30, 2019, 10:14:57 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I mean, this is as bad as we have looked all year, and we're clearly out of whack and sync right now; yet Brad is over there literally just straight-faced, hoarding his timeouts like it's going to matter later in the fourth. God, so frustrating.

Between the p--- poor shot selection all night by Kyrie, Rozier, and Tatum and the lack of effective in-game management from the coaching staff, this team can be really, really dumb at times. It's embarrassing.
Time outs not the magic elixir.  He already called one anyway.  At some point the players have to produce.

Yeah, you always say that, but it's simply not true. They ended on a 24-4 run, with us having more turnovers than I can even remember during that run. You seriously think a timeout wouldn't have benefited us to get us an easy bucket for an ATO play?? And besides, what the hell are you saving them for anyways in a blowout game??
He called a time out?!? How many more you want?

MORE THAN ONE! He has four timeouts left in a freaking thirty point blowout. What else is he going to use them for?? You realize that he can call more than one timeout in a quarter, right??
Well technically he had two timeouts.  Didn’t do squat.

I mean, then you keep calling them. It's not that difficult. To not call them means that they just continue reeling in their futility. Keeping those timeouts for late in the game means jack squat if you have no chance of coming back anyways.
Im sorry but that’s ridiculous.  Players simply have to play better.  Zero to do with the coach.

I mean, by your perception of what a coach's responsibilities are, I'm not even sure that they need a coach.  ;)

Seriously, what it is that you think that NBA coaches do, because clearly you don't think that in-game management is part of their job description?

He sure does not think they should be disciplined for ignoring the coaches commands.

« Reply #741 on: April 30, 2019, 10:15:29 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I mean, this is as bad as we have looked all year, and we're clearly out of whack and sync right now; yet Brad is over there literally just straight-faced, hoarding his timeouts like it's going to matter later in the fourth. God, so frustrating.

Between the p--- poor shot selection all night by Kyrie, Rozier, and Tatum and the lack of effective in-game management from the coaching staff, this team can be really, really dumb at times. It's embarrassing.
Time outs not the magic elixir.  He already called one anyway.  At some point the players have to produce.

Yeah, you always say that, but it's simply not true. They ended on a 24-4 run, with us having more turnovers than I can even remember during that run. You seriously think a timeout wouldn't have benefited us to get us an easy bucket for an ATO play?? And besides, what the hell are you saving them for anyways in a blowout game??
He called a time out?!? How many more you want?

MORE THAN ONE! He has four timeouts left in a freaking thirty point blowout. What else is he going to use them for?? You realize that he can call more than one timeout in a quarter, right??
Well technically he had two timeouts.  Didn’t do squat.

I mean, then you keep calling them. It's not that difficult. To not call them means that they just continue reeling in their futility. Keeping those timeouts for late in the game means jack squat if you have no chance of coming back anyways.
Im sorry but that’s ridiculous.  Players simply have to play better.  Zero to do with the coach.

I mean, by your perception of what a coach's responsibilities are, I'm not even sure that they need a coach.  ;)

Seriously, what it is that you think that NBA coaches do, because clearly you don't think that in-game management is part of their job description?
Absolutely I understand that game management is part of their job.  I simply do not believe that calling five timeouts in a quarter is the [dang] solution.  If you need to do that, then game management not the issue.

And who in the whole wide world that knows anything about coaching thinks brad can’t manage a game.  That’s not even a thing.

« Reply #742 on: April 30, 2019, 10:15:30 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Bucks at least answered PP's question about ..... 'where do the Bucks go from here'?

Pierce is such an idiot. People have to learn that you don't give teams bulletin board material to get them motivated, especially in the playoffs. If he was truly pulling for the Celtics like we all know he is, then you wouldn't say stupid, clearly ridiculous things like that, especially on the national stage.

Besides, it's a ludicrous statement from the get-go. It was always more likely that the Bucks would win this game, as it's incredibly rare for the home team to take the first two games on the road, especially from the top overall seed.

« Reply #743 on: April 30, 2019, 10:15:36 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
I said the Bux bench look like they are at a funeral.

« Reply #744 on: April 30, 2019, 10:15:58 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Don't become a victim of those other teams who've won Game 1 on the road and then got swept.

you saw the stats on when the visiting team takes game 1. Not good.

« Reply #745 on: April 30, 2019, 10:16:36 PM »

Online tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
If the Celtics do not come out fighting for their lives in Game 3, then we have serious problems.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #746 on: April 30, 2019, 10:17:17 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Bucks at least answered PP's question about ..... 'where do the Bucks go from here'?

Pierce is such an idiot. People have to learn that you don't give teams bulletin board material to get them motivated, especially in the playoffs. If he was truly pulling for the Celtics like we all know he is, then you wouldn't say stupid, clearly ridiculous things like that, especially on the national stage.

Besides, it's a ludicrous statement from the get-go. It was always more likely that the Bucks would win this game, as it's incredibly rare for the home team to take the first two games on the road, especially from the top overall seed.
All Pierce does nowadays is try to stir the pot and cause controversy. I thought it was funny with the DWade thing, but his shtick is so boring.

Correlation doesn't equal causation, but man it was dumb
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #747 on: April 30, 2019, 10:18:04 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

you saw the stats on when the visiting team takes game 1. Not good.

Precisely...Orlando. Brooklyn. San Antonio. That stat about winning Game 1 by 15+ by the road team but also end up losing the series.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #748 on: April 30, 2019, 10:18:04 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

Says anyone who knows anything about basketball. I blame the players even more, but Stevens not trying to stop a runaway train is bad coaching in any book.
Um, no.  Using your analogy, the runaway train is the problem.  Ain’t nothing stopping it.

« Reply #749 on: April 30, 2019, 10:18:14 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941

There were much worse playoff losses then tonight after we stole the first game in dominating fashion. We did what we needed to do although we did lay a big egg tonight after feasting on them last game.

121-63, Denver over NO in playoffs 2009
120-66, Bulls vs Bucks in 15 was another thrashing of epic proportions

It can always be worse..cry us a river, 1-1 and home court advantage is ours.