Author Topic: Rozier On Get Up! & First Take Today  (Read 25647 times)

Re: Rozier On Get Up! & First Take Today
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2019, 12:22:16 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
No accountability. He thinks he can coast on a couple of months of good play from last year.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2019, 12:22:26 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Terry Turd can kick rocks. This guy is such a loser.

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2019, 12:24:17 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Rozier has to be one of my all time least favorite Celtics.

Kyrie's not far behind.

That could be a list. Antoine Walker is definitely in the TR3 category for me.

Kyrie isn't doing well either, but for now his grade is incomplete.

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2019, 12:26:31 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
Terry Rozier helped shoot Boston out of the Game 7 vs the Cavs last year. Tatum was playing very well and instead of getting the ball to him he shot...and shot...and shot.

No, the entire team lost their nerve in the last few minutes because Lebron recognized winning time because he's done it time and again, and they didn't have the experience to counter that, nor did their coach.

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2019, 12:26:53 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Kyrie's not far behind.

Rozier is in the Mark Blount category with me, a tier below Starbury and Vin Baker.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2019, 12:28:21 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford

Kyrie's not far behind.

Probably because yall can't identify players with heart and prefer to watch a bunch of softies get humiliated.

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2019, 12:29:39 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford

Kyrie's not far behind.

Rozier is in the Mark Blount category with me, a tier below Starbury and Vin Baker.

Vin Baker was just drunk :D

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2019, 12:30:25 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Danny not trading him last offseason was a huge mistake.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2019, 12:32:18 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Sorry I'm currently out so can't post links via phone right now, but you could just look up the segments/videos on Youtube or Reddit.

I think he's on First Take right now actually.

He talks about the frustrating season, his limited role and not caring about where he goes next in FA. But he seemed to also indicate he wasn't planning on being here long term, which to me is alright. Dude is coming across like he's a superstar PG when he clearly isn't. Even off the bench he was awful against most other teams' benches. Thanks for last year's playoffs, and adios!

I saw that and he didn't come across like that at all, and the fact you guys keep throwing nonsense his way after Kyrie alone killed this team says alot about yall.

And notice how many interviews he's getting, and notice how many people take to the guy and like him.

You guys are blind, man.  Completely ...from all the Kyrie-jockin

I agree with some of what you said.  People who only read the quotes will assume that Rozier wants out of Boston no matter what.  What I took away from the interview is that he wants no part of returning to the same roster situation.

When it comes to placing blame for the teams struggles, I generally believe that Tatum, Brown, and Rozier came into the season overconfident and entitled.  Their lack of urgency, in addition to the return of Hayward, was the main reason for the difficult 10-10 start.  After that is where Kyrie's attitude comes into play.  As I've mentioned in other threads, the young guys would have had no choice but to blame themselves if Kyrie had acted like a professional.  Instead, Kyrie gave them an excuse to point the finger elsewhere.  Jaylen ended up overcoming the drama, while Kyrie, Rozier, and Tatum allowed it to fester for the entire season.

Their overconfidence only lasted until they were 10-10 though, as Smart and Morris were inserted as starters.

I'm ok with their overconfidence though.  That is just one thing in a long line of things that young guys eventually learn.

This fan base was fortunate enough to draft a few quality young guys but somehow think they should play like 6 year players...and be allstars while their point guard can't seem to pass the ball to anyone like a puppy with a bone.

Like I said the other day, it's exasperating reading Kyrie fans.

10 times worse than Kobe fans.  Atleast Kobe WAS worth it and seen nearly as good as Jordan.

Kyrie basically looks and plays like a Harlem globetrotter.

All flash and no substance...especially when it counts.

And this is their God.

I generally agree with you on this.  Overconfidence from the young guys should have been expected.  That's where veteran leadership (by example) can correct the issue.  Instead, Kyrie gave them a reason to resent his presence. 

Hopefully Irving can grow from this if he decides to stay in Boston.  There's plenty of blame to go around but leaders need to stay even keel through the ups and downs.   

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2019, 12:32:59 PM »

Offline crimcartel

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
Some quotes for ya:

https://twitter.com/bdcceltics/status/1128318761612849152?s=21

On @FirstTake, Terry Rozier expressed little interest in returning to the Celtics if they bring back the same team next year: “I might have to go. I put up with a lot this year, so I said what I said after the season. I think we all know I’m not trying to step into that again.”

https://twitter.com/bdcceltics/status/1128309422269374464?s=21

Terry Rozier on his free agency, on @GetUpESPN: "I'm looking forward to just playing ball. I don't care where I go. Obviously, the Celtics are the only organization I've known for four years, and I love it there."

More Rozier: "I expect for me to get my chance, whether it's with the Celtics or anywhere else. I feel like I can be myself and play my game wherever I go." (Apparently except for this past year in Boston, that is 🙄)

https://twitter.com/bdcceltics/status/1128306624324624384?s=21

Terry Rozier on Kyrie Irving, via ESPN's "Get Up!": "He's a great guy. Great leader. You just have to adjust to his style."

Terry Rozier on ESPN's "Get Up!": "What we'd be talking about in practice is not what we went through in the game. It was like, all right, we're going to keep Kyrie out there and put the other guys out there with him, and we're going to figure it out."

The  part about the game plan in practice vs the game is very telling on Brad and the coaching staff.. not consistent... Interesting

« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2019, 12:33:36 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

Kyrie's not far behind.

Probably because yall can't identify players with heart and prefer to watch a bunch of softies get humiliated.

Antoine was fully capable of being a HOFer if he had lived up to his potential.  He had all gifts but didn't live up to them.  Plenty of reasons why but he has himself to blame to an extent.

He might've been embraced by many and certainly showed heart a times but he's also one of the biggest "what ifs" to ever wear a Celtics uniform.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2019, 12:35:44 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Kyrie's not far behind.

It's funny that you say that, but yet you proclaim that we would've won more championships with Antoine Walker than Kevin Garnett..

That literally is all I needed to know who you are as a person, not to mention your odd infatuation with Terry 'Under 40%,' Rozier.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2019, 12:35:45 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I still love Antoine. He is a bit of a screw up but he did things his own way and he did it with some style.

He was fun.

« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2019, 12:38:09 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
I still love Antoine. He is a bit of a screw up but he did things his own way and he did it with some style.

He was fun.

He was fun but infuriating at times.    He could've been so much more, IMO.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2019, 12:39:48 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Except for the 4 games in the Bucks series, Kyrie, on the court, was excellent this year. Off the court, not so much, though, someone I trust to tell it like it is, Marcus Smart, says Kyrie being the problem was crap. So yeah, Kyrie has blame for this season but so does:

Jabari Bird for his off court problems that might have affected his friends on the team early.

Hayward for not being able to get healthy enough to be his old self.

Ainge for putting together such an imbalanced roster and not seeming to help the team through trades, though I understand the logic of keeping parts in place for the all in push to trade for Davis. Still, dealing Rozier may have been addition through subtraction.

Stevens for being too nexperienced to handle the locker room problems and creating more by force feeding Hayward minutes. Also, apparently, his makeup of his coaching staff hurt as well.

(Side rant....so many here have in the past called for rookies to be force fed minutes to improve them. Do you now see why rookies need to earn minutes? Force feeding undeserving players minutes can easily cause the coach to lose his locker room and wreck chemistry. How much worse would this year have been in the locker room if Williams, like Hayward, was also being force fed minutes taking playing time from veterans Horford, Baynes and Theis? Players had problems with a former All Star player getting minutes he didn't deserve. How much worse can it be when a rookie is that person?)

Tatum for stagnating/regressing and seemingly being hard a bit difficult to coach. He also had a major problem accepting a lesser role.

Brown for also, initially, having a problem adjusting to role.

Baynes for being hurt as much as he was.

Rozier for his"I gotta get mine cause I need a big contract" play and attitude. It also appears he had massive problems accepting his role.

Anthony Davis/Rich Paul/social media that played havoc in this team's locker room.

Jerome Allen for being involved in the college admissions scandal and probably adding drama to the situation.

William's and Yabu for not developing quicker and being able to add anything positive to the team.

The Celtics failure was a team wide failure with blame to go around to everyone. Kyrie, in no way, shape or form was this team's only reason for underperforming.