Author Topic: John Collins Suspended 25 Games for Violating NBA Anti-Drug Policy  (Read 2895 times)

Re: John Collins Suspended 25 Games for Violating NBA Anti-Drug Policy
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2019, 06:07:54 PM »

Offline GRADYCOLNON

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
More startling is how infrequent players have been suspended for PEDs in the last ten years.  Since PEDs became popular in baseball and other sports in the '90s, around the same time NBA players began trended towards super athletes, becoming a staple these last 15 years.   A lot of conjecture, not a lot of proof, but you have to ask yourself one thing. How are these guys so much faster, leaner, and stronger than previous generations that trained all the time?  I understand better diets, sleep, rest, and more curated training plans have changed the landscape on how people train.  But when the competition is so tight, players will do anything to keep relevant; any success with PED use that went unpunished will only make it more likely a necessity in the league. 

I think the comment about gambling groups and its dissociation with PEDs for credibility makes a lot of sense that there is a shift in the NBA's position.  Weeding out the use across the league as quietly as possible is in their best interest to protect from tarnishing the last couple of decades.  Something they know can really kill a sport's fanbase as they watched the MLB suffer in recent years after their scandal.

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2019, 06:10:24 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
[dang], Collins is my guy!

Glad the NBA nailed the one guy in the league using PEDs.
Ha, this gave me a good chuckle
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2019, 09:37:53 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Bron is looking like he is 65 tonight .....maybe he got the message via Collins bad luck

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2019, 09:44:08 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Speaking of PEDs, I remember watching an Open Court episode where Isiah Thomas and another player in the 90s (Steve/Kenny Smith iirc) joking about the blue "horse pill" the older players took back then to boost their performance.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA