Author Topic: Bucks are the Celtics biggest competition in the east  (Read 4749 times)

Re: Bucks are the Celtics biggest competition in the east
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2018, 11:56:28 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
I tend to agree that people may be overlooking the Bucks. If they found a way to upgrade either Bledsoe or Brogdon, they'd have some real potential.
I think those guys are both solid players. I just think the system they were in did not benefit or put them in a position to succeed. Bucks issue last year wasn't really talent, it was mostly coaching imo.

They are both solid, but not great fits for that team. Coaching should help, but an upgrade to either spot would help them get to the next level.

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2018, 12:59:17 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Not concerned about the Bucks unless Giannis has developed a jumper during the offseason. 
They aren't going to start Henson and Lopez but it would be great (for us) if they did.  Giannis plays best at the 4.  Other than Giannis and Middleton, I wouldn't want anyone on their team.

I agree with this.  Everyone talks about Giannis being great and an MVP candidate and I think its bull****.  The man cannot shoot.  Put someone in front of him to take charges.  He's a younger LeBUM before he learned how to shoot.

That simple..... And none of those stupid nba coaches thought about it!

Not even our own Brad

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2018, 01:15:02 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Let's be honest. We really don't know who will be our biggest competition. There aren't any stable teams led by superstars in their prime in the east.

Kawhi is the only superstar actually in his prime, and there are significant questions about both his health and how he fits with his new teammates and coach.

Giannis, Embiid, Simmons, Brown and Tatum are all ascending players. Any one of them could break away from the others. Fultz could be anything from a irrelevant to an all-star. I'm most concerned about Giannis. I could see him becoming the league's best player next year.

It does look like if everyone's game continues on trend that we are very likely to end up on top, but this is the most unpredictable season we've seen in some time.
Giannis may still be ascending, but he has finished 7th and 6th in consecutive seasons in MVP voting and was 2nd Team All NBA both those seasons (and was 2nd Team All Defense one of those seasons).  The Celtics as a team don't have a single 2nd Team All NBA or better appearance on the entire roster and have just 2 3rd Teams (Irving and Horford each have one).  Giannis is the best player in the East and only a healthy Leonard is even close to him as a player.  The Bucks don't have a great fitting roster around him, though do have enough individual talent that Giannis can carry them to series wins.  They also pose match-up problems for the Celtics that perhaps only the Raptors pose to the Celtics, but Boston is a much better fitting unit and has a lot more depth and talent overall, so I'd expect Boston to beat them, just like they did last year with a more depleted roster.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip