Author Topic: Fultz trainer: "he is an all-star this season if fully healthy"  (Read 5676 times)

Re: Fultz trainer: "he is an all-star this season if fully healthy"
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2018, 08:53:07 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Not sure why so many Cs fans want this guy to fail. The C's got a stud in Tatum already and liekly another lottery pick. You should be happy regardless of what happens to Fultz.

Philly may be our chief rival, and they’ve been enormously hyped for years. I think the dislike is natural.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2018, 09:00:42 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Not sure why so many Cs fans want this guy to fail. The C's got a stud in Tatum already and liekly another lottery pick. You should be happy regardless of what happens to Fultz.

Philly may be our chief rival, and they’ve been enormously hyped for years. I think the dislike is natural.

I don’t wish for Fultz to fail in particular, but I do want Philly to fail in general.  I think their blatant tanking was bad not just for the NBA but for sports in general (look at what’s going on in baseball right now).  When people talk about the Hinkie experiment, I want the moral of the story to be “They blatantly tanked for five years, had 4 consecutive top 3 picks and 7 top 10 picks in six years, and never even made it to the Finals.”

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2018, 09:04:21 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
It's almost as if the guy is trying to sell his product :P
Hanlen is more than happy to give a quote or an interview.

He's flying high with Tatum's success this past year.

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2018, 09:13:21 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I don’t wish for Fultz to fail in particular, but I do want Philly to fail in general.  I think their blatant tanking was bad not just for the NBA but for sports in general (look at what’s going on in baseball right now).  When people talk about the Hinkie experiment, I want the moral of the story to be “They blatantly tanked for five years, had 4 consecutive top 3 picks and 7 top 10 picks in six years, and never even made it to the Finals.”
they didn't blatantly tank for 5 years so I'm not sure why anyone would be saying that.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2018, 09:20:34 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Does Hanlen know anything about the mental issues that Fultz was dealing with? From afar, it would seem part of the mental problem was dealing with the pressure of being a #1 pick and everything that goes with it. The kid is struggling to even get on the court, and Hanlen is putting additional pressure on Fultz to make the immediate jump to becoming an all-star. How about taking smaller steps, and seeing if Fultz can make his first career start in the NBA.

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2018, 09:30:47 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298

they didn't blatantly tank for 5 years so I'm not sure why anyone would be saying that.

I'm not sure if this is serious. Are you being nitpicky because it was more like 4 years, where they were obviously tanking?

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2018, 09:31:04 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

One thing to root against a rival on the court, but to root for a 19 year old to fail to justify a trade in their favor (even when it looks like it will more than likely be in their favor) is what I'm getting at.

Cs wanted Tatum and got him and another lottery pick (likely). 76ers wanted Fultz. I'd say it should work out for both teams imo and these 2 franchises can bludgeon each other to death over the next decade.

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2018, 09:39:21 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
won't matter what Fultz does -- C's got the best player in Tatum with another lottery pick to boot.  that'll stick in Philly's craw for at least a decade after they both retire.

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2018, 09:40:02 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I've definitely noticed that Hanlan hypes the players he works out. Whether he's just trying to get more clients, or he just is a bad evaluator of talent is the question.

It's one of the reasons that I have been less hyped about his Tatum quotes.

"If fully healthy" sounds like making room for "muscular imbalance" if he performs poorly.

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2018, 10:08:48 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
If Fultz ends up being as good as I thought he would be coming out then the Atlantic becomes the best division in the NBA.

We could conceivably get Kyrie, Hayward, Horford, Embiid, Simmons, Fultz, Kawhi and Lowry as all-stars in the east. That would be more than half the east's all-star roster from 3 teams.

I think Fultz could score enough to get an all-star spot, but his lack of defense will make him less valuable than his box score stats indicate.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2018, 10:41:20 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
I still question how all three of Simmons, Fultz, and Embiid will fit together. This is especially true if Fultz doesn’t get his shot back, as it’d be really difficult to play Simmons and Fultz together if neither of them space the floor.

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2018, 10:45:00 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
I am interested to see how this kid is when he's actually healthy.  There's a reason why he was thought of so highly before the '17 draft.

I just don't know where his mind is at, though.  You've certainly seen athletes with physical gifts not be able to put it together because of something mental.  Hopefully, its not the case with this kid.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2018, 10:58:19 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I hope he can get back on the court and play.

I also hope he's not very good at basketball at the NBA level because then the C's will have an easier time handling Philly.

Most of all I want to see Hayward/Horford/Kyrie/Tatum/Brown all on the court and healthy.

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2018, 10:59:05 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
Why *wouldn't* you want the Sixers and their players to fail is a better question. I mean I want every other team to fail and all of their players to fail, but I want the Sixers to fail the most. Every time I hear someone say "trust the process," that implies that you openly rooted for your team to lose. I can't get on board with that type of thinking. The day I tune into a Celtics game and hope that they lose is the day that I stop watching basketball. The Sixers strategy and the large portion of their fanbase that subscribed to this belief is the reason why they catapulted to #1 on my list. So, yeah: if you tell me that we got Tatum + a pick for a complete bust, I'm super happy.

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2018, 11:12:40 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
I hope Fultz can carve out a nice career for himself, but not at the expense of the celts.