Author Topic: Tristan Thompson allegedly decked Draymond Green 2 weeks ago  (Read 3687 times)

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Tristan Thompson allegedly decked Draymond Green 2 weeks ago
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 03:19:08 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I bet a lot of guys want to deck Draymond. Good to see that someone actually had the courage to do it.

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 04:17:13 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Draymond is all talk, what a surprise. Loves to act big and mighty when the cameras are rolling and the mic is in his face but when nobody is around, he’s a chump.

Glad someone finally did it, and I bet he did absolutely nothing back.

He’s the epitome of a fake tough guy. He wouldn’t last one season in the 80’s. Feasting on a stacked team in a finesse league.

Not a fan of Tristan Kardashian, but good for him.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 07:15:53 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
I bet a lot of guys want to deck Draymond. Good to see that someone actually had the courage to do it.

Draymond is all talk, what a surprise. Loves to act big and mighty when the cameras are rolling and the mic is in his face but when nobody is around, he’s a chump.

He’s the epitome of a fake tough guy. He wouldn’t last one season in the 80’s. Feasting on a stacked team in a finesse league.

Good for him assaulting someone trying to apologize? I hope he presses charges.

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 07:50:19 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Good thing this wasn't Florida, right?  Because Tristan clearly forfeited his right to life once he punched Draymond...Dray obviously should have shot him dead.

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2018, 07:58:17 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
You guys seem to regard gun usage as the wild west but openly endorse physical assault. Im really not sure why you think that it's ok to strike someone. You must have been a really tough guy at your school.

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 08:35:07 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 538
Do it outside an NBA property, you probably won't get suspended.  Green's an a-- and he acted like one in the playoffs so he deserved it.  Interesting though that there's no footage of this anywhere. 

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2018, 08:47:56 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
You guys seem to regard gun usage as the wild west but openly endorse physical assault. Im really not sure why you think that it's ok to strike someone. You must have been a really tough guy at your school.

I don’t have a dog in this fight. I would say that gun violence and punching someone once appear to have dramatically different stakes.

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2018, 09:35:13 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

Good thing this wasn't Florida, right?  Because Tristan clearly forfeited his right to life once he punched Draymond...Dray obviously should have shot him dead.

It might be odd to bring this up, but would his salary still count against the cap?

I mean, the issue of deceased player under contract has come up before. Wonder how it's addressed now. I kinda missed a few years there.

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2018, 09:46:38 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Good, I hate that overrated motormouth.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2018, 11:37:04 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I'm on Thompson's side with this one.

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2018, 05:43:54 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

Just because someone attempts to apologize means they shouldn’t get decked? Especially when said tough guy told the media he can meet him in the streets and see what’s good...

Yeah, Green should press charges, exactly what a guy like him who runs his mouth like he does should do. That will go over real well on the court.

::)
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2018, 07:37:20 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Nothing to see here. Dray said he'd meet Tristan on the streets. Then he met Tristan on the street, and Tristan punched him. I guess he punched him light enough that he didn't hit the ground. Two knuckleheads involved in a scuffle in which no one got hurt.

Kinda funny, but not a big issue.

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2018, 11:35:20 AM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
Marcus Thompson II of The Athletic provided more insight into the incident:

"In what would be best told by the late great storyteller Charlie Murphy, the 'streets' turned out to be the swanky Delilah restaurant in West Hollywood on July 18. Both Green and Thompson were guests of LeBron for this ultra-exclusive affair—which prohibited phones and cameras. None of the attendees expected the on-the-court drama to flare back up in this setting.
"Which is why everyone was stunned when Thompson, according to sources, out of nowhere attacked Green.

"No argument. No squaring up. No taking it outside.

"'It was a sucker punch,' said one source who attended the party. 'But, to be honest, it wasn't really a punch. It was more like a shove.'"

Thompson noted the pair had to be separated but eventually calmed down and co-existed the rest of the evening.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2788804-jason-mcintyre-tristan-thompson-punched-draymond-green-outside-la-club
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 11:49:23 AM by alley oop »