Author Topic: Al Horford agrees to 4-year, $113M deal with the Boston Celtics!!  (Read 79697 times)

Re: Al Horford agrees to 4-year, $113M deal with the Boston Celtics!!
« Reply #270 on: July 03, 2016, 01:57:39 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Hawks fans really despise us after visiting Peach Tree Hoops lol. They still think their current roster can beat us.

Well, had Bradley and Olynyk not been injured I'm pretty sure we would've taken Game 1, and left the Hawks dead in 6 games before getting ousted by the Cavaliers.

Now that we added Al Horford (and a few more to come) to play under Brad Stevens system, this team will demolish the Atlanta Hawks.

It definitely can and probably will, as of right now, imo.

« Reply #271 on: July 03, 2016, 02:02:10 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Hawks fans really despise us after visiting Peach Tree Hoops lol. They still think their current roster can beat us.

Well, had Bradley and Olynyk not been injured I'm pretty sure we would've taken Game 1, and left the Hawks dead in 6 games before getting ousted by the Cavaliers.

Now that we added Al Horford (and a few more to come) to play under Brad Stevens system, this team will demolish the Atlanta Hawks.

what does imo mean? I don't know what it means but in my opinion in this context it is short for emoji. :)

« Reply #272 on: July 03, 2016, 02:02:14 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
https://twitter.com/BenStandig/status/749438912838324224

David Aldridge on Horford: "I think if he had decided last night, I think he would have picked the Wizards. It was that close"

If that's the case, then good job Al. Sleep on that decision. Glad to see you made the RIGHT choose!

David Alridge hasn't exactly been reliable anymore. His info and his insight seems like he just copy pasted what someone else is saying, or thinking.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #273 on: July 03, 2016, 02:03:09 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

what does imo mean? I don't know what it means but in my opinion in this context it is short for emoji. :)

That's actually exactly what it stands for, lol ;D.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 02:24:25 AM by Beat LA »

« Reply #274 on: July 03, 2016, 02:06:16 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

They beat us in 6, but since then weve added Avery Bradley, Kelly Olynyk(basically), Al Horford, and Jaylen Brown while losing Evan Turner. They lost Teague and Horford and got back Prince Howard and splitter(?) Also take into account the fact that we were the younger team and its pretty logical to say we have a superior roster to them at this point.

And none of that even takes into account the fact that Crowder was hobbled pretty badly that series
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #275 on: July 03, 2016, 02:08:50 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

They beat us in 6, but since then weve added Avery Bradley, Kelly Olynyk(basically), Al Horford, and Jaylen Brown while losing Evan Turner. They lost Teague and Horford and got back Prince Howard and splitter(?) Also take into account the fact that we were the younger team and its pretty logical to say we have a superior roster to them at this point.

And none of that even takes into account the fact that Crowder was hobbled pretty badly that series
They didn't "lose" Teague -- they got rid of him because Schroder made him redundant. Other than that, they replaced Horford with Howard. Injuries or no injuries, our roster is not any more superior than it was last season. Probably less.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #276 on: July 03, 2016, 02:17:31 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

They didn't "lose" Teague -- they got rid of him because Schroder made him redundant. Other than that, they replaced Horford with Howard. Injuries or no injuries, our roster is not any more superior than it was last season. Probably less.
Thats a nice way to frame it, but Teague is still a big loss. Even if you think Schroeder can adequetely replace Teagues production (which I doubt) their backup pg will pale in comparison to Schroeder.

Replaced Horford with Howard is fair, but we replaced Sully with Horford. You can argue Howard > Horford but the contracts the two of them just signed disagrees with that assessment. I think Howards probably the better player but the gap between Howard and Horford is a lot smaller than the one between Horford and Sullinger furthermore, however backs up Schroeder (Hardaway?) is gonna be a lot worse than Schroeder was. Everyone has injuries but I think its unfair to just ignore the fact that 3 of our 5 best shooters were hurt that series allowing them to completely focus on Thomas.
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #277 on: July 03, 2016, 02:24:24 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

Is this for real? Did you read the title of this thread? We got Al horford. They lost al horford.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #278 on: July 03, 2016, 02:26:03 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Is this for real? Did you read the title of this thread? We got Al horford. They lost al horford.
Right. They also signed Dwight Howard. And we lost Evan Turner. We'll probably end up losing other rotation guys, too. Come back to talk when the free agency high wears out.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #279 on: July 03, 2016, 02:29:50 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
they probably thought Horford would give in to less money b/c he's probably done it before, maybe he's like Wade, tired of taking less to help the team when at this point there is no reason for either one to do it. Probably boils down to repaying loyalty but I haven't checked the numbers on his previous deal so I could be way off. 
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #280 on: July 03, 2016, 02:30:58 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Right. They also signed Dwight Howard. And we lost Evan Turner. We'll probably end up losing other rotation guys, too. Come back to talk when the free agency high wears out.

we only have to lose others if KD or some replacements sign...
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #281 on: July 03, 2016, 02:31:15 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

Teagues a bigger loss than Turner is. I'd imagine that's a fairly uncontroversial statement. Also Sully for Horford is a clear win and since we are dismissing injuries i suppose we have to use regular season records to compare. Both teams won 48 games since then Bostons improved more than Atlanta ergo Bostons roster is superior to Atlanta's

« Reply #282 on: July 03, 2016, 02:33:22 AM »

Offline CelticsBR

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
Apart from ET, if we don't sign KD, we don't have to lose anybody from last season's roster.

DA could simply resign the others, add Al Horford and call it an offseason. In this case, would there be any doubt Cs roster was better than last year's?I don't think so.

Given that,  IF Danny doesn't bring the band together and decide to change pieces, he probably believes the team will be getting better by not doing so. Any FA that eventually replaces Zeller, Sully or JJ is suposed to be better in terms of production/contract, otherwise Danny wouldn't give up on them.

« Reply #283 on: July 03, 2016, 02:36:51 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
Ecstatic right now, a great signing, a four year deal witch i thought was crucial in getting a lower level max player, great job by danny, and now we all wait for Kevin!!!

welcome Al  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #284 on: July 03, 2016, 02:37:11 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Teagues a bigger loss than Turner is. I'd imagine that's a fairly uncontroversial statement. Also Sully for Horford is a clear win and since we are dismissing injuries i suppose we have to use regular season records to compare. Both teams won 48 games since then Bostons improved more than Atlanta ergo Bostons roster is superior to Atlanta's
Did you miss the part where they VOLUNTARILY traded away Teague? As in, they didn't want him? That's how much of a loss they thought he was.

You may think that Sullinger to Horford is a greater upgrade than Horford to Howard. You're welcome to your opinion. As I said, come back when the "ohmigodwesignedhorfordz" wears out.