Author Topic: C's to pick up Amir option. Not going after other free agents Trade bait?  (Read 3677 times)

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
Players I feel like they should still target on short term deals.

Dewayne Dedmon
Meyers Leonard
Moe Harkless
Terrence Jones
Derrick Williams

Ezeli would be nice but he is definitely getting big bucks from someone.

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
After KD joining the Warriors, I would still like us to gauge a trade for Butler or Cousins first now to utilize our cap space, especially Cousins. They're nowhere close to competing to get out of the Western Conference, and he's most likely going to leave in a couple of years anyways. They might as well go young and build around some draft picks.

Also, Chicago should try and go young now instead of build around Butler, who is already going to be 27 before the season. They're not building a contender around him in time, especially not now with even bigger super teams out in the West.

Us picking Jaylen over Dunn pretty much took us out of a Butler trade,  IMO. I think it's more likely Minny comes back to the table for him.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
What about Middleton and/or Monroe now? Those two were apparently available on draft night. Now that we know we don't need to save cap room for Durant (F him), we could grab one of these guys to add to Horford and IT.

Offline HuskerCeltic

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
What about Middleton and/or Monroe now? Those two were apparently available on draft night. Now that we know we don't need to save cap room for Durant (F him), we could grab one of these guys to add to Horford and IT.
The F word is flexibility and it could lead to Fireworks. I'd rather have a chance at next year's FA pool than be weighed down with Monroe

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
Terrence Jones would be an interesting sign.  Would add another solid rebounder/shot blocker to the team.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Terrence Jones would be an interesting sign.  Would add another solid rebounder/shot blocker to the team.

He's at least an upgrade from Sullinger.

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Just not feeling amir and horford starting unit

Amir will not be starting

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
If we take a flyer on anyone it is a one-year deal for a pure scorer.  I almost wish Mo Williams was available.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
If we take a flyer on anyone it is a one-year deal for a pure scorer.  I almost wish Mo Williams was available.

Is Jamal Crawford still available? He would be perfect.

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Crawford resigned with the Clips.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Crawford resigned with the Clips.

Too bad

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Sources told Sporting News that Johnson, whose option must be picked up by July 7, was assured that the only way he would not have his option picked up was if Boston signed two max-contract players. In other words, Horford and Durant.

I have to figure Danny doesn't like any other fa this year. So he is keeping expiring salary of amir so he can sign someone next year or use amirs salary in a trade this year

This was the reason we signed Amir to such a big money deal with an option last year. Nothing came of it during the trade deadline so might as well pick the option up and try it again.

Offline passesofftodj

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 20
After KD joining the Warriors, I would still like us to gauge a trade for Butler or Cousins first now to utilize our cap space, especially Cousins. They're nowhere close to competing to get out of the Western Conference, and he's most likely going to leave in a couple of years anyways. They might as well go young and build around some draft picks.

Also, Chicago should try and go young now instead of build around Butler, who is already going to be 27 before the season. They're not building a contender around him in time, especially not now with even bigger super teams out in the West.

Should have built around Dunn and overpaid for a younger big.  Horford is essentially a wasted pickup. 

Keep the Bk picks, play this year to showcase vets to trade for more picks and tank next year and the year after or welcome to a decade of Hawks Lite 2.0.

Trading assets for Butler would be idiotic at this point.  Does anyone really believe that team with much less depth and few future assets would be LeBron and then the Warriors?

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
With all these scenarios you have to keep in mind roster space.  We're already at the point where if you sign someone, someone else has to go.  Here's how I see it:

Horford, KO, Zizic
Johnson, Mickey, JJ
Crowder, Brown, Young/Bentil
Bradley, Smart, Hunter
IT, Rozier, Jackson.

Young/Bentil fighting it out for slot 15.  Since the premise of this thread is that we keep Amir, that means both Sully and Zeller are gone.  Assuming also that GY gets stashed for a year. 

If you sign someone like Dedmon, who goes?