Author Topic: Smart to return to play April 27? ( Update: game 6 being targeted)  (Read 11525 times)

Re: Smart to return to play April 27? ( Update: game 6 being targeted)
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2018, 02:04:44 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
He and the team better be conservative here. We don’t need another injury. I want Smart back, but I want a healthy Smart with two functioning hands.
Don't care about his hands, really. You mainly play defense with your feet, and the fewer shots he takes, the better.

He got hurt diving for a loose ball. Players jam their thumbs rebounding or trying to strip the ball or just catching a hard pass the wrong way. He needs his hands for that and to dribble and pass; a one-handed player is *much*easier to guard.

Isaiah was cleared to play last year.

Different injuries, different staff, different circumstances.

Smart was already shooting for a week now. The injury is healed, with IT they know he is injured, but diagnosed that he could play through it and wont need surgery.

« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2018, 02:25:56 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I believe it says if he plays, he’s going to play with a splint on his thumb. Wonder how it’ll affect his ball handling and shooting. It’s not like the shooting could be any worse so I’m not too worried on thar

« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2018, 02:54:38 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I believe it says if he plays, he’s going to play with a splint on his thumb. Wonder how it’ll affect his ball handling and shooting. It’s not like the shooting could be any worse so I’m not too worried on thar

One of his best shooting games ever was actually after he tore that thumb ligament so he’ll be fine

« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2018, 02:56:56 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

He said it doesn’t bother his shooting at all.

« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2018, 03:08:28 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
I think it would be mistake to expect a lot from Smart first time out.  He's been out a long time and there's a huge difference from practice speed to regular season game speed and an even greater gap to 'playoff fight for your lives' speed. 

I would however get him back ASAP so he can work out the kinks and hopefully be ready to make a contribution by Game 7.

« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2018, 04:05:15 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Willis Reed, Larry Bird, Paul Pierce, and now Marcus Smart.

« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2018, 04:10:24 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Bring your lunch pail and hard hat, Marcus - and get to work.

Do what you do best...get under ppl's skin...box out for rebounds....get some steals....a block or two...8-10 points...3-4 dimes and just be a pest on defense.

« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2018, 05:33:30 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2018, 09:48:01 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Smart was huge for this team tonight. Not sure I loved seeing Tatum's minutes being limited in the 4th but whatever. Celtics won. Its all good.

« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2018, 09:51:24 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Smart was huge for this team tonight. Not sure I loved seeing Tatum's minutes being limited in the 4th but whatever. Celtics won. Its all good.

Tatum had a pretty bad game.  Didn't shoot well, was tentative with the ball in his hands, was frequently a step slow on defense and gave up position on some key rebounds.  We need better out of him going forward.

« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2018, 09:55:38 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

Tatum had a pretty bad game.  Didn't shoot well, was tentative with the ball in his hands, was frequently a step slow on defense and gave up position on some key rebounds.  We need better out of him going forward.

At the end of the game - Smart did Smart things. Some amazing defensive contests and a crucial rebound. Kept the team’s composure bringing the ball up when the youngsters were showing some nerves.