Author Topic: Black Friday  (Read 4119 times)

Re: Black Friday
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2016, 11:15:04 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
In 2009 I doorbusted a 32 in. Sony Bravia LCD TV for my dorm room. Knocked $250 off the price (allegedly) and I ended up with a excellent TV that I wouldn't have been able to afford on a normal shopping day. Still looks and sounds as good as the day I bought it while my roommate of the time's Vizio is rotting in a landfill.

That was right around start of the black friday craze though, When I went out last year most of the deals we're fairly underwhelming.

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2016, 12:08:09 PM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
If you're going to go shopping today, stay local and patronize small independent businesses in your town or neighborhood.  They are the ones suffering from the big box phenomenon.

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2016, 12:08:56 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Anybody dumb enough to do this?

I'm standing in a line of 300+ people, in the snow, at Toys R Us. I'm hoping to save a whopping $35.
in all honestly, why? even your post implies that $35 is not a large amount.

in any case, hopefully you snagged your stuff and are home nice and cozy now.  ;D

I'm still young and healthy enough to do it, so why not, right? 

The store was well-prepared for the most part, and the crowd was remarkably polite, so it worked out okay.
sure, your choice entirely. i was just wondering since the original post seemed a lament on the trip.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2016, 12:41:56 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
If you're going to go shopping today, stay local and patronize small independent businesses in your town or neighborhood.  They are the ones suffering from the big box phenomenon.

Isn't that what Small Business Saturday is for?   We have that where I live and I always support it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small_Business_Saturday