Poll

Poll:Who would you take at center if you gotta start an team?

Wilt Chamberlain
3 (13.6%)
Bill Russell
6 (27.3%)
Patrick Ewing
0 (0%)
Hakeem Olajuwon
8 (36.4%)
Shaquille O’Neal
1 (4.5%)
Kareem Abdul Jabbar
0 (0%)
Nikola Jokic
2 (9.1%)
David Robinson
1 (4.5%)
Moses Malone
0 (0%)
Other
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Who you take at center?  (Read 1676 times)

Neurotic Guy and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: Who you take at center?
« Reply #15 on: Today at 02:51:34 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 428
My choice just might be other.  Robinson and Hakeem were very good, but I think I go Tim Duncan.
Duncan consider as a PF right?
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #16 on: Today at 03:59:16 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 560
I can't really answer because I've never seen more than a few highlights from most of these guys.

What i will say is Jokic has reached that "Lebron" level of being a guy I fear in a playoff series against my favorite team.

As good as Embiid, Jimmy Butler or even giannis are those guys always felt stoppable. Like if you played well and executed you could overcome them. There were guys who could at least make them work. They occasionally had bad games.

Jokic feels unstoppable. You make him a scorer he kills you. You put your best defensive center on him and Jokic goes right through him. Kills you with passes. Kills you with floaters. crazy passes that seem impossible.

Lebron, Curry and Jokic are the three players in the game today I've watched who reached that level of fear. Jokic may be the only one still at that level.

« Reply #17 on: Today at 04:49:20 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 980
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Starting now, no era
If choosing for the current game, it has to be Jokic.

« Reply #18 on: Today at 05:49:02 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2424
I can't really answer because I've never seen more than a few highlights from most of these guys.

What i will say is Jokic has reached that "Lebron" level of being a guy I fear in a playoff series against my favorite team.

As good as Embiid, Jimmy Butler or even giannis are those guys always felt stoppable. Like if you played well and executed you could overcome them. There were guys who could at least make them work. They occasionally had bad games.

Jokic feels unstoppable. You make him a scorer he kills you. You put your best defensive center on him and Jokic goes right through him. Kills you with passes. Kills you with floaters. crazy passes that seem impossible.

Lebron, Curry and Jokic are the three players in the game today I've watched who reached that level of fear. Jokic may be the only one still at that level.

Agreed. I feel the same about Luka = in the Giannis, Embiid, Jimmy class.

I have started to feel that SGA is joining that Jokic / LeBron group. That guy is unstoppable. Just ... too quick. Nobody can stay in front of him. He is lightening. Like D-Wade was back in the day. When he led Miami to the title in 2006. SGA is the player in the league who scares me the most after Jokic.

To be blunt, Jokic scares me more than LeBron ever did. As good as LeBron was you could build schemes to try and contain him. I don't see anything that works with Jokic. The guy is unstoppable. He is in the Magic Johnson / Larry Bird class where you just hope he (Jokic) has a bad day when he plays you. LeBron was so reliant on the dribble and attacking from 25 feet out in front of a set defense that I felt you could deal with him. Jokic attacks from inside the defense. You can't setup around him the same way.

Steph never frightened me like LeBron or Jokic. Or even Wade. I would have him in that lower tier with Giannis, Embiid, Jimmy. You couldn't stop Steph (cause he could shoot from anywhere) but he was so streaky. Never had much fear of him.

« Reply #19 on: Today at 05:50:58 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2424
For today's league, I love Joker. He is obviously optimized for today's game more than any of the centers from the past.

I think Shaq would kill it in today's league. Too big, too strong. He'd destroy people. I'd probably go with him as a non-Joker pick with Wilt a strong alternative choice.