Author Topic: Welcome Brandan Wright - 6'10, 35.5 vertical leap, 7'5 wingspan  (Read 52277 times)

Re: Welcome Brandan Wright - 6'10, 35.5 vertical leap, 7'5 wingspan
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2014, 07:14:45 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Danny provided energy off the bench. Wright is NOT a rim protector. Calling him a rim protector is like calling Kosta Koufos a rim protector.
I wonder why Mavs fans are complaining "who's going to play defense" then.

Wright averages 4+ blocks per 36. I'm not a big fan of the per-36 metric, but in terms of challenging shots, that's better than we've had in a long time.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2014, 07:15:42 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I hope we resign him at the end of the year.
Love this trade.

NO!

He's a bench dude. You love this trade because you hate Rondo. You and triboy. Everybody who's sane thinks this is a stupid trade and a stupid return.

Wright is nothing more than an energy guy off the bench. And we two players who's practically useless and a pick which is also practically useless.

I can hardly wait to see us play.
We are going to be a better team.

How? by adding another PF in the mix. We will be the same team. But with less star power.

We are a better team without Rondo and with a rim protector.

A rim protector? A RIM PROTECTOR!? Are you serious?

You do realize that Brandan Wright plays against 2nd units right? 1.6 blocks and he's a RIM PROTECTOR?

He's thin, lanky and can't play Center. Just because he averages 1.6 blocks doesnt make him a rim protector.

do you have to be like this?? 

Go to the "fire Danny" thread and rant there. 

We needed a rim protector and Danny finally got  a guy that can provide that

Danny provided energy off the bench. Wright is NOT a rim protector. Calling him a rim protector is like calling Kosta Koufos a rim protector.

I'm not going to the Fire Danny thread, I need to see how Marcus Smart turns out first. Im riled up at the fact that people (like you) are pumping up Brandan Wright as a great return when really, he isnt.

We could have traded #9 for the corpse of Walter Brown, and Rondo haters would have found a way to call it an upgrade.

just calm down and enjoy Wright's dunk on Griffin below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPCv8RkVE2Q

Sure.

In the meantime, I'll enjoy what we could have had with Rondo if Danny used our assets and surrounded him with better players than giving him away for a guy who NEVER played 20+ minutes a game in his career.

I think I'll have a much better experience thinking about it than accepting that all we get for Rajon Rondo is a bench player.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2014, 07:16:15 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Don't get too exited folks:
Jonathan Feigen: Don't be surprised if Celtics look to flip Wright. One of the reasons Celtics needed a deal done by Friday. Twitter @Jonathan_Feigen
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2014, 07:16:20 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1481
Love this trade.

NO!

He's a bench dude. You love this trade because you hate Rondo. You and triboy. Everybody who's sane thinks this is a stupid trade and a stupid return.

Wright is nothing more than an energy guy off the bench. And we two players who's practically useless and a pick which is also practically useless.

How? by adding another PF in the mix. We will be the same team. But with less star power.

You do realize that Brandan Wright plays against 2nd units right? 1.6 blocks and he's a RIM PROTECTOR?

He's thin, lanky and can't play Center. Just because he averages 1.6 blocks doesnt make him a rim protector.

We needed a rim protector and Danny finally got  a guy that can provide protection.    Some of his better games in the past 2 seasons has been against the Rockets.  A team that destroyed us via Harden being scared of no one and also howard just dunking on our big guys repeatedly

Why don't you stop trying to insult our intelligence by trying to convince us that Wright is some savior rim protector?  He is a career back up energy guy, never played more than 18 mpg.  Couldn't start in front of the walking corpses that dallas shuffled in and out of their lineup the last few years.  I get it, you are excited Rondo is gone.  Excuse us if we don't want to join your crazy train thinking Wright is more than he is.

« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2014, 07:17:22 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1481
Jonathan Feigen: Don't be surprised if Celtics look to flip Wright. One of the reasons Celtics needed a deal done by Friday. Twitter @Jonathan_Feigen

Haha, it just gets better.

« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2014, 07:19:20 PM »

Offline Shamrocker

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69

but...but...but...we're gonna deal him before the deadline? I thought he was our "rim protector" of the future?   ::)

« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2014, 07:19:33 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587

Flip him for what? What an awful, awful trade

« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2014, 07:19:36 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Love this trade.

NO!

We needed a rim protector and Danny finally got  a guy that can provide protection.    Some of his better games in the past 2 seasons has been against the Rockets.  A team that destroyed us via Harden being scared of no one and also howard just dunking on our big guys repeatedly

Why don't you stop trying to insult our intelligence by trying to convince us that Wright is some savior rim protector?  He is a career back up energy guy, never played more than 18 mpg.  Couldn't start in front of the walking corpses that dallas shuffled in and out of their lineup the last few years.  I get it, you are excited Rondo is gone.  Excuse us if we don't want to join your crazy train thinking Wright is more than he is.

Thank you. He sure is a rim protector in Dallas last year averaging 0.9 blocks per game and Samuel Dalembert was playing ahead of him.

I wonder why he's coming of the bench last year when he's such a rim protector...?

« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2014, 07:22:40 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
Love this trade.

NO!

Thank you. He sure is a rim protector in Dallas last year averaging 0.9 blocks per game and Samuel Dalembert was playing ahead of him.

I wonder why he's coming of the bench last year when he's such a rim protector...?

Because as sane people like us know we just traded Rondo for nothing.... I'm still in shock

« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2014, 07:25:28 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Love this trade.

NO!

Because as sane people like us know we just traded Rondo for nothing.... I'm still in shock

Seriously, how you can be excited about this is one reason and one reason only.

You hate Rondo and you're happy he's gone.

« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2014, 07:27:30 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
Love this trade.

NO!

Exactly it's why Triboy and Chris22 are partying it up... DA basically just guaranteed that the C's are a suck-fest for the next 3 years. This is going to be "fun" to watch...

« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2014, 07:28:21 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I wish no one had responded to this thread.

« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2014, 07:29:29 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Love this trade.

NO!

Exactly it's why Triboy and Chris22 are partying it up... DA basically just guaranteed that the C's are a suck-fest for the next 3 years. This is going to be "fun" to watch...

I mean, just look at this thread.

Excited about the vertical leap and wingspan. Sure, what else has Brandan Wright done that's meaningful.

None...

« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2014, 07:31:57 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
Love this trade.

NO!

Excited about the vertical leap and wingspan. Sure, what else has Brandan Wright done that's meaningful.

None...

Yep you'd think Brandan Wright makes Anthony Davis look like he belongs in the dleague with some of this excitement... remember Dallas originally signed this guy for THE VET MIN

« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2014, 07:41:46 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Love this trade.

NO!

None...
posted in another thread, but.... it took him a while to figure out what he can do in the NBA, but for the past few years now I like what he brings to the table. he is an athletic rangy big that can defend the rim, run the floor, work the pick and roll, and cleans up the offensive glass.

his per 36 minutes are 17 pts and 8 rebounds with 3 blocks per game. he is also leading the league in FG% shooting a super-silly 75% from the field. he also shots 75% ft.

he may not be duncan, but he aint chopped liver either. since we have no choice in the matter, let's wait and see how he plays as a celtic before passing judgement.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva