Author Topic: Welcome Brandan Wright - 6'10, 35.5 vertical leap, 7'5 wingspan  (Read 52292 times)

Re: Welcome Brandan Wright - 6'10, 35.5 vertical leap, 7'5 wingspan
« Reply #90 on: December 18, 2014, 08:46:14 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I remember this game.  Wright did a number on us.  CBS is going to help this guy become even a better player. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LykHa1Y6fUI

« Reply #91 on: December 18, 2014, 08:50:17 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Good job, Danny!

This deal will make us a better team in the long run.

Please tell me how?

$12.9 million dollar trade exception.
Athletic big man.
First round draft pick.
No money wasted on washed up Rondo.
Did you just call one of the "players" we got in this trade "athletic"? Did you just call a string bean (Wright) "big"?
Did you just call the leading assist man and best rebounding pg in the game "washed up"?
Do you value picks in the 20s?
come on eja. your last points stand as valid questions to ask, but the first two?

wright is a VERY athletic big man. watch some videos, read some reports. his problems do not stem from a lack of athleticism, but evidently from effort level. but he is quick and can jump and is athletic.

next, yes, wright who is 6'10", has a wingspan of 7'4" and a standing reach of 9'0" most certainly qualifies as a big.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2014, 08:50:46 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
He's a no-talent hack.  In what is far and away a career season for him, he's averaging less than 20 minutes per game.  Just wait 'till he comes back down to earth and his all-important advanced stats return to his career averages!

The vast majority of Wright's minutes this season come with Tyson Chandler on the bench and Chandler Parsons at the 4.

My guess is that Wright is more likely than not to be as capable of being a starter-caliber player as Taj Gibson.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #93 on: December 18, 2014, 08:51:10 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Good job, Danny!

Please tell me how?

Athletic big man.
First round draft pick.
Did you just call one of the "players" we got in this trade "athletic"? Did you just call a string bean (Wright) "big"?
Did you just call the leading assist man and best rebounding pg in the game "washed up"?

Chris22 really has been a trade-rondo fanatic eversince he came to the board; He must be soiling his pants right now in glee now that his fantasies came true;

Will he soil his pants if Rondo turns out to be good with good talent and Brandan Wright turns out to be, well, a bench player?

Will he be happy if we get a player in the draft with that pick that will end up like Marshon Brooks or Jajuan Johnson.

Of course he will. Rondo is gone, rejoice.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2014, 08:51:12 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Good job, Danny!

Please tell me how?

Athletic big man.
First round draft pick.

Yes.
Rondo sucks....especially in the fourth quarter.
So I guess every point guard in the league (other than maybe Tony Parker) sucks.
How about the playoffs? How's Rondo in that?

« Reply #95 on: December 18, 2014, 08:51:53 PM »

Offline help D

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
longtime lurker, fan since 76  8)
BRAD STEVENS
To win, RR is not needed in his system. For all the meh that BR and trade exceptions deserve, RR's skill set does not mesh. Danny is wise to hitch his boat to an excellent coach and build a team to fit the system. I am a little surprised the market is "so low" for RR - interested to here of other legit offers that were made for him.
TP to all the jokesters for keeping it light...it's hard to lose RR...that HARD bounce ball fake last game was...? Who else in the entire game ever has pulled a fake like that??

« Reply #96 on: December 18, 2014, 08:52:37 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Good job, Danny!

Please tell me how?

Athletic big man.
First round draft pick.

Yes.
So I guess every point guard in the league (other than maybe Tony Parker) sucks.

Bwhahahahahaaaaa......

Rondo blew out his knee and hasn't been the same since.

Some people can't accept reality.

« Reply #97 on: December 18, 2014, 08:52:39 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
He's a no-talent hack.  In what is far and away a career season for him, he's averaging less than 20 minutes per game.  Just wait 'till he comes back down to earth and his all-important advanced stats return to his career averages!

The vast majority of Wright's minutes this season come with Tyson Chandler on the bench and Chandler Parsons at the 4.

My guess is that Wright is more likely than not to be as capable of being a starter-caliber player as Taj Gibson.

He started 18 games for Dallas in 12-13. If he was going to be a good starter should he have been already that time?

« Reply #98 on: December 18, 2014, 08:53:52 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Good job, Danny!

Please tell me how?

Athletic big man.
First round draft pick.

Yes.

Bwhahahahahaaaaa......

Rondo blew out his knee and hasn't been the same since.

Some people can't accept reality.
He's been better. Leads the league in assists. Leads pgs in rebs. How many trip doubles?

« Reply #99 on: December 18, 2014, 08:54:17 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Before you hang the guy do some research.
Brandon Wright just turned 27, he protects the rim, scores, rebounds well if given minutes, he plays behind one of the best PF in league history. He gives the Celtics something they don't even come close to having, length and defense at the rim and from the power forward position. (KO can relax a bit, he has some help now)

Can we sign him next year, I don't know, lets see if we want to sign him first. He'll sign for less than Rondo.

Rondo was going, he didn't want to stay here, he told everyone he wanted to test the market. It's this or nothing.

« Reply #100 on: December 18, 2014, 08:57:15 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Brandon Wright just turned 27, he protects the rim, scores, rebounds well if given minutes, he plays behind one of the best PF in league history. He gives the Celtics something they don't even come close to having, length and defense at the rim and from the power forward position. (KO can relax a bit, he has some help now)

Can we sign him next year, I don't know, lets see if we want to sign him first. He'll sign for less than Rondo.

Rondo was going, he didn't want to stay here, he told everyone he wanted to test the market. It's this or nothing.

If THIS is all we're getting, then I'd rather gamble on resigning Rondo.

There's about 2 more months till the trade deadline, you're telling me Danny couldn't shop Rondo and had to settle in this sewage waste of a deal?

« Reply #101 on: December 18, 2014, 08:59:58 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

He might have the best year of his career now and become mildly good. Maybe.

« Reply #102 on: December 18, 2014, 09:04:17 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

He might have the best year of his career now and become mildly good. Maybe.

Playing against the second unit and not being asked to do much.

Now he's in a team where he's going to do a lot more than be an energy guy of the bench. You think he can handle that, after all this years and being nothing more than just a bench dude.

That's what we traded Rondo for. And energy guy and a late first round pick. Let's be real, Wright is not going to move the needle for us right now AND moving forward.

BTW, who's minutes is he taking away now? KO? Sullinger? Bass? Zeller?

« Reply #103 on: December 18, 2014, 09:28:12 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Of course I don't like the trade.  I felt we could get more.  But we need to move on.

I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop.  There must be more trades to come.

Who's leaving next?  Most likely Green and Bass because they help us get too many wins.

Who's next.  Maybe Sullinger, because with Wright, doesn't Sullinger become redudant?

Wright is already better defensively and I think he would pair up better with KO as the 'skill guy' and Wright as the 'defense first' guy.

Who's gone next?  Can we get rid of Wallace and/or Jameer Nelson to anybody for more draft picks or troubled talent that has worn out welcome?

« Reply #104 on: December 18, 2014, 09:37:07 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Actually Brandon you aren't welcome. I very much wish you were not here and I'm looking forward to you being gone.

You have to lead your position at key statistics or you are just salary cap money to me.

Don't take it personally. It's just that I am familiar with your lackluster NBA career. To be welcome here you must be a markedly different player.

Amen, TP.