Author Topic: Welcome Brandan Wright - 6'10, 35.5 vertical leap, 7'5 wingspan  (Read 52295 times)

Re: Welcome Brandan Wright - 6'10, 35.5 vertical leap, 7'5 wingspan
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2014, 06:58:36 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
You know, for everyone who said that Rondo was lazy and inconsistent in the effort department, I'd like to point out that the consensus on Brandan Wright for many years has been that he lacks any sort of 'fire' at all.  He's already 27, has never been a starter, and sucks.  There's a reason why he's AVERAGED 15.9 mpg in his career.  Besides, if we wanted a 'rim protector,' we could have gotten Hassan Whiteside for FREE.

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2014, 06:58:58 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Brandan Wright = the definition of mediocrity

Yep. There's absolutely no way there wasn't at least a better offer out there. Capela, salary fillers, and the NOLA pick easily beats this out...
Except the Rockets have no "salary fillers".
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2014, 06:59:19 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Yep. There's absolutely no way there wasn't at least a better offer out there. Capela, salary fillers, and the NOLA pick easily beats this out...

Maybe. Maybe not. You can't trust Morey and the Rockets org.

Danny kind of owes Mavs one for giving us KO on a discount also.

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2014, 07:01:24 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I hope we resign him at the end of the year.
Love this trade.

NO!

He's a bench dude. You love this trade because you hate Rondo. You and triboy. Everybody who's sane thinks this is a stupid trade and a stupid return.

Wright is nothing more than an energy guy off the bench. And we two players who's practically useless and a pick which is also practically useless.

I can hardly wait to see us play.
We are going to be a better team.

How? by adding another PF in the mix. We will be the same team. But with less star power.

We are a better team without Rondo and with a rim protector.

A rim protector? A RIM PROTECTOR!? Are you serious?

You do realize that Brandan Wright plays against 2nd units right? 1.6 blocks and he's a RIM PROTECTOR?

He's thin, lanky and can't play Center. Just because he averages 1.6 blocks doesnt make him a rim protector.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2014, 07:01:49 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
You know, for everyone who said that Rondo was lazy and inconsistent in the effort department, I'd like to point out that the consensus on Brandan Wright for many years has been that he lacks any sort of 'fire' at all.  He's already 27, has never been a starter, and sucks.  If we wanted a 'rim protector,' we could have gotten Hassan Whiteside for FREE.

are you joking?? Whiteside has no real experience. Brandan comes from a very good team. Has won a ring.   Also Brandan has a good feel for the game, unlike Whiteside "Melo" part 2

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2014, 07:03:59 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
You know, for everyone who said that Rondo was lazy and inconsistent in the effort department, I'd like to point out that the consensus on Brandan Wright for many years has been that he lacks any sort of 'fire' at all.  He's already 27, has never been a starter, and sucks.  If we wanted a 'rim protector,' we could have gotten Hassan Whiteside for FREE.

are you joking?? Whiteside has no real experience. Brandan comes from a very good team. Has won a ring.   Also Brandan has a good feel for the game, unlike Whiteside "Melo" part 2

Whiteside wont COST us Rondo.

Wright is a bench player, youre like a car salesman who's pumping up an old Honda Civic and telling everyone it's a Honda S2000 as long as you keep it running.

Brandan Wright never started in his career, and if he's starting for your team, your team sucks.

« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2014, 07:04:44 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Love this trade.

NO!

He's a bench dude. You love this trade because you hate Rondo. You and triboy. Everybody who's sane thinks this is a stupid trade and a stupid return.

Wright is nothing more than an energy guy off the bench. And we two players who's practically useless and a pick which is also practically useless.

How? by adding another PF in the mix. We will be the same team. But with less star power.

You do realize that Brandan Wright plays against 2nd units right? 1.6 blocks and he's a RIM PROTECTOR?

He's thin, lanky and can't play Center. Just because he averages 1.6 blocks doesnt make him a rim protector.

do you have to be like this?? 

Go to the "fire Danny" thread and rant there. 

We needed a rim protector and Danny finally got  a guy that can provide protection.    Some of his better games in the past 2 seasons has been against the Rockets.  A team that destroyed us via Harden being scared of no one and also howard just dunking on our big guys repeatedly

« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2014, 07:06:46 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I found a pretty good match for Wright based on PER and WS48:

http://bkref.com/tiny/fx1yK

« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2014, 07:06:50 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Love this trade.

NO!

We needed a rim protector and Danny finally got  a guy that can provide that

Danny provided energy off the bench. Wright is NOT a rim protector. Calling him a rim protector is like calling Kosta Koufos a rim protector.

I'm not going to the Fire Danny thread, I need to see how Marcus Smart turns out first. Im riled up at the fact that people (like you) are pumping up Brandan Wright as a great return when really, he isnt.

« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2014, 07:07:12 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156

Except the Rockets have no "salary fillers".

Exactly.  Show me a Rockets trade that actually makes sense for both teams that works salary-wise.

« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2014, 07:09:00 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
we had a kid that could jump like that, they traded him years ago...trading rondo was one of the dumbest moves in Celtics history......you will see....the rest of the league wants him.......

« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2014, 07:10:47 PM »

Offline Shamrocker

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69
Love this trade.

NO!

Danny provided energy off the bench. Wright is NOT a rim protector. Calling him a rim protector is like calling Kosta Koufos a rim protector.

I'm not going to the Fire Danny thread, I need to see how Marcus Smart turns out first. Im riled up at the fact that people (like you) are pumping up Brandan Wright as a great return when really, he isnt.

We could have traded #9 for the corpse of Walter Brown, and Rondo haters would have found a way to call it an upgrade.

« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2014, 07:12:17 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Rondo is gonna make him look like a star. Oh wait....
;D TP

« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2014, 07:12:54 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2014, 07:13:28 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Love this trade.

NO!

We could have traded #9 for the corpse of Walter Brown, and Rondo haters would have found a way to call it an upgrade.

just calm down and enjoy Wright's dunk on Griffin below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPCv8RkVE2Q