Author Topic: Why the Celtics needs to trade rozier in the off season or Ainge is an idiot  (Read 8786 times)

Offline kgwannabe

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
I love JJJ as well. Who doesn't? The problems is that to get him , the Celts would have to trade up into the top three picks. Ain't gonna happen. Say Doncic, Ayton at one and two. Then Jackson at #3. Atlanta, which is #3, has a point guard, and they have little incentive to trade Schroeder just to take Rozier (and probably take a relative loss in the trade as a result). Sacramento, at two, has a point guard. So to get JJJ you'd need to trade all the way to #1 and it would cost a ridiculous amount.

At four and five, you have two teams in Memphis and Dallas that are, again, set at point guard. So, the only realistic option to trade Rozier for a big is at #6, and you'll be lucky if Bamba is still available by then.

Is Bamba perfect? No. Would I rather have JJJ? Of course. But if we don't do this, tell me the next young big that the Celts are likely to have a shot at. Davis? forget about it. No way that happens.  KAT? Minnesota will fire their coach before that happens just to make him happy. Besides, you'd have to give up the franchise to get either in the crazy scenario where they became available. So if not them, and if not Bamba, then who and when? The 2019 draft is bereft of big men, so are we waiting and hoping for the Memphis pick in 2020? These guys are rare so let's not pretend that they aren't.

Go for Bamba and if he develops a three point shot (which, according to the Ringer, he's working hard to do) you're money. If not, then we shot and missed. But to sit pat and hope that a unicorn falls into our lap is, in my estimation, foolish.

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I would keep everyone and go for the title next year.

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
I love JJJ as well. Who doesn't? The problems is that to get him , the Celts would have to trade up into the top three picks. Ain't gonna happen. Say Doncic, Ayton at one and two. Then Jackson at #3. Atlanta, which is #3, has a point guard, and they have little incentive to trade Schroeder just to take Rozier (and probably take a relative loss in the trade as a result). Sacramento, at two, has a point guard. So to get JJJ you'd need to trade all the way to #1 and it would cost a ridiculous amount.

At four and five, you have two teams in Memphis and Dallas that are, again, set at point guard. So, the only realistic option to trade Rozier for a big is at #6, and you'll be lucky if Bamba is still available by then.

Is Bamba perfect? No. Would I rather have JJJ? Of course. But if we don't do this, tell me the next young big that the Celts are likely to have a shot at. Davis? forget about it. No way that happens.  KAT? Minnesota will fire their coach before that happens just to make him happy. Besides, you'd have to give up the franchise to get either in the crazy scenario where they became available. So if not them, and if not Bamba, then who and when? The 2019 draft is bereft of big men, so are we waiting and hoping for the Memphis pick in 2020? These guys are rare so let's not pretend that they aren't.

Go for Bamba and if he develops a three point shot (which, according to the Ringer, he's working hard to do) you're money. If not, then we shot and missed. But to sit pat and hope that a unicorn falls into our lap is, in my estimation, foolish.

fwiw, Schroder might not be long in Atlanta.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23513081/dennis-schroder-atlanta-hawks-says-wants-play-team-going-right-direction
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
need him in case Kyrie misses extended stretches again.

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I am skeptical that Rozier plus the Sacramento pick gets us that high.

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1556
Not sure what he'll do, but I am certain Danny is not, nor will he suddenly turn into, an idiot.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

thanks to DA we are where we are. i would trade terry ONLY if we could upgrade somehow someway. if not somebody please put him in a BBIQ course soon! Smart gives us more overall intangibles and affects the games more than terry but he also could use some BBIQ courses as well. smart can run PNR with theis much better than terry can do with anybody. not that smart is great at it but he can facilitate.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Relax, guys. Did you see what happened to the Rockets? Harden et al shot 16% 3s, while the Warriors were shooting 46% (or was it 41%?) 3s in the 7th game.

You live by the 3, you die by the 3.

I'm sure Danny was reassured by the 7th Rockets-Warriors game, which mirrored the Cavs-Celtics game. Remarkable.

So Harden shot about 15% 3s. I guess it's time to trade him. LOL.  Or maybe stop trying to live by the 3.

Variety is the spice of life.

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1556
Relax, guys. Did you see what happened to the Rockets? Harden et al shot 16% 3s, while the Warriors were shooting 46% (or was it 41%?) 3s in the 7th game.

You live by the 3, you die by the 3.

I'm sure Danny was reassured by the 7th Rockets-Warriors game, which mirrored the Cavs-Celtics game. Remarkable.

So Harden shot about 15% 3s. I guess it's time to trade him. LOL.  Or maybe stop trying to live by the 3.

Variety is the spice of life.

yep doesnt excuse our performance and crapping the bed with projectile diarrhea however the rockets missed 27..... 3 point shots in a row? must be a record. how stupid is that team? they also blew back to back 17 and 15 point leads. never rely on any one thing. you need an inside and outside game. 

with so many teams going small we will have come full circle because before long we MAY need bigs like old days we can just throw it to and let hem destroy these small teams in the low post. keep him close to paint to defend rim if yoiu are worried about him being pulled out by a 3 point guy. you have to trade off somewhere. give and take. we sure could have used a hakeem, ewing, jabbar, parrish or shaq or russell or duncan in this series down low especially game 7 when outside shots were not falling. if they double up pass to cutter and have everybody crash the rim down low and draw fould and get boards.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

I'm very high on Bamba so i'm not against trading for him but do we really need a big man prospect?