Author Topic: Porzingis?  (Read 4702 times)

Porzingis?
« on: March 06, 2021, 12:30:32 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I was listening to NBA Radio on Sirius XM today and only caught part of an interview with Cedric Maxwell. It sounds like Max was talking about the Celts may want to go after Porzingis. I know none of the details or how much validity there is to it but would he be a good fit here?

Re: Porzingis?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2021, 12:34:47 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I was listening to NBA Radio on Sirius XM today and only caught part of an interview with Cedric Maxwell. It sounds like Max was talking about the Celts may want to go after Porzingis. I know none of the details or how much validity there is to it but would he be a good fit here?
when healthy he would fit fantastically as the floor spacing shot blocking big.  Health is just a real concern and problem and I'm not sure we have what they would want in trade of they were going to trade him
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2021, 12:40:26 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Porzingis feels like a bench weapon due to his lack of defense and switch capacity. He would thrive better here vs Mavs as C's have more defenders 2-5 that can help Porzingis. So off the bench in 6th or 7th man role still getting near starter minutes would be ideal wherever he goes. I see him as a Galinari or KO type player after all the injuries.

I'd much rather have
1. Grant
2. Gordon
3. Barnes
4. Vuce
5. Cousins

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2021, 12:42:14 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I don't know how it could fit moneywise either but I may have heard mention of a Walker for Porzingis which is the only way I could see the money work. Has Porzingis ever been healthy? Would this be better for our team?

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2021, 12:46:08 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Porzingis feels like a bench weapon due to his lack of defense and switch capacity. He would thrive better here vs Mavs as C's have more defenders 2-5 that can help Porzingis. So off the bench in 6th or 7th man role still getting near starter minutes would be ideal wherever he goes. I see him as a Galinari or KO type player after all the injuries.

I'd much rather have
1. Grant
2. Gordon
3. Barnes
4. Vuce
5. Cousins

I agree with your alternatives but not sure why we would or if we could go after Gordon or if he even wants to be here as the 3rd wheel. We should be able to get Cousins fairly easily without losing anything if he wanted to come. I think Barnes, Grant Vuc would be the quickest fix.

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2021, 12:46:50 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I'd probably do something like this

Walker, Nesmith, G. Williams, 21 1st

for

Pozingis, Kleber, Burke

Not sure that would be good enough for the Mavs, but I think that makes sense on some level. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2021, 05:09:10 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I'd probably do something like this

Walker, Nesmith, G. Williams, 21 1st

for

Pozingis, Kleber, Burke

Not sure that would be good enough for the Mavs, but I think that makes sense on some level.

I’d like to hold onto Nesmith.  I think he could end up being a really nice find for us down the line.  Langford too for that matter.  There was stuff said last year that people within the Celtics organization thought Langford could be a 20 PPG scorer, and he was already showing flashes of solid D. Both of those guys get thrown around in trade ideas often. I think we just need to be patient with them, unless if the coaching staff who see’s them every day thinks otherwise. 

Maybe something like G Williams, Walker, a first, and 2 2nd round picks for Porzingas and Burke.  I’d consider that though Porzingas’s injury history does scare me.

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2021, 05:21:31 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
He's just never ever healthy. Pass. Would be infuriating
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2021, 05:48:48 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
His injury history scares me. If the Mavs were willing to do a deal around Kemba, I guess I'd consider it (?).

It seems like the Mavs are open to the idea of trading him. Any ideas from their point of view? Can't think of an enticing trade package.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 06:13:51 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2021, 06:51:10 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
His injury history scares me. If the Mavs were willing to do a deal around Kemba, I guess I'd consider it (?).

It seems like the Mavs are open to the idea of trading him. Any ideas from their point of view? Can't think of an enticing trade package.

If he didnt have health issues he wouldn't even be available.

Also, why would the Mavs want Kemba if they have Luka?

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2021, 08:11:16 PM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
I think there is a proposal of us acquiring him.

Boston gets KP and Burke

Dallas receives Kemba, R Williams, G Williams, 2021 1st (top 10 protected) and 2021 2nd

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2021, 08:23:40 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
People on this board have seemed to written off the ability of Kemba and Jaylen to ever be what they ever were before, once they heard about extremely manageable ailments, like arthritis and tendonitis, that you can play through and play like All-NBA players with.

I can't imagine this blog's reaction when Porzingas starts missing 20, 30, 40 games a year due to his debilitating lower leg injuries he has as a 7 foot plus freak. How many super big guys that get those lower extremity issues end up having long productive careers once those problems start?

An EXTREMELY hard pass on Porzingas, if only for the sake of the collective sanity of this blog.

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2021, 08:48:40 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
People on this board have seemed to written off the ability of Kemba and Jaylen to ever be what they ever were before, once they heard about extremely manageable ailments, like arthritis and tendonitis, that you can play through and play like All-NBA players with.

I can't imagine this blog's reaction when Porzingas starts missing 20, 30, 40 games a year due to his debilitating lower leg injuries he has as a 7 foot plus freak. How many super big guys that get those lower extremity issues end up having long productive careers once those problems start?

An EXTREMELY hard pass on Porzingas, if only for the sake of the collective sanity of this blog.

The history of smallish point guards aging well in their 30’s is not great with exceptions here and there like Stockton.  If Kemba loses a half step it’s concerning, but his recent play is encouraging at least.  The play we saw from him pre bubble last year I’d be surprised if he reached that high of level again though. In the end I’d probably be gun shy pulling the trigger on a Porzingas deal, but I can the reason behind it if fingers crossed he remained healthy potentially helps further out into the future than Kemba.

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2021, 10:35:53 PM »

Offline CBS_Take a Report

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
I think it behooves us to get rid of Kemba for several reasons:

1. He has lingering health concerns that might not age well.
2. Even when healthy he is deficient of height and is a defensive liability.
3. We have a good up and coming ball handler in Payton Pritchard who seems to make the offense move better (certainly he has rhythm with RWIII).
4. He takes minutes from PP and Marcus Smart (when he is healthy) who brings a toughness to this team that is sorely lacking when he is out.

I think the trade idea above (centered on Kemba for Kristaps) makes sense for both teams.

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2021, 11:27:03 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

I have no idea how are people writing Brown off because he has tendonitis that he's able to play through at a really high level almost immediately at the ripe old age of 24 - it would be concerning if he had to miss a couple of weeks as a 30 year old, but this isn't the case at all.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA