Author Topic: Bucks (1-3) at Celtics (3-1) 11/3 Game 5  (Read 51743 times)

Re: Bucks (1-3) at Celtics (3-1) 11/3 Game 5
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2010, 02:30:03 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Bougut has gutted boston in recent games...without Shaq and and an iffy JO....this will be tough down inside...also...can't allow delfino to just stand out there and shoot 3's all night

I agree that JO is a better matchup than Shaq against Bogut,because of mobility reasons. That might be a reason to give Semih a few minutes against Bogut as well as KG.

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2010, 02:31:43 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
i expect the celtics to win and win big. my minor concern is whether the bench can play well enough to give the starters more of a rest.

i loved then win last night over detroit, but would have enjoyed it more if the starters had not returned in the 4th quarter.

still, a win is a win.

go celtics and a tp for FL again.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2010, 02:37:04 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2410
I would expect Shaq to be very effective defensively against Bogut. More so than Jermaine.

Shaquille O'Neal has much more size (7-1) and length than Perkins. That combined with his strength makes him a very difficult matchup for a solid but unexceptional athlete like Andrew Bogut.

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2010, 02:40:51 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I would expect Shaq to be very effective defensively against Bogut. More so than Jermaine.

Shaquille O'Neal has much more size (7-1) and length than Perkins. That combined with his strength makes him a very difficult matchup for a solid but unexceptional athlete like Andrew Bogut.
Is Bogut an effective P&R player? I don't recall seeing them run it too much with him in the past.

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2010, 02:43:19 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Would be a good test if Bogut were 100%, we should win this game
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2010, 02:45:31 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

The problem with Bogut is that he is he can score in so many ways, it makes it very tough for a guy like Shaq to stop him.  He can hit the mid range jumper, he can put the ball on the floor, and he has a ton of moves to to combat Shaq using his size against him in the post.  Unlike someone like Howard, Bogut knows how to counter a defender leaning on him in the post, and use it to his advantage.  Since Shaqs defense pretty much relies on that at this point (much like Perks post defense does), he is a bad matchup.  

JO on the other hand is more of a finesse defender.  He moves his feet, and uses his length to bother shots.  He is not as effective against guys like Howard who simply overpower him, but he has a better shot against guys like Bogut, because he is able to recover better.

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2010, 02:59:47 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2706
For some reason, this team always plays well against us.  Do we know for sure that Shaq is out again tonight?

I kind of hope he is.  Bogut would not be a good matchup for him.  Shaq is really only effective against true bangers like Dwight Howard.  He is kind of a like a poor man's Perkins defensively. 

Bogut on the other hand has a very versatile offensive repertoire, and the footwork and touch to go around or over him. 

I think JO is the best matchup the C's have for Bogut (and that is including Perk), so hopefully he is starting.

yes, Bogut is the only guy that regularly kills Perk, imagine what he could do to Shaq.

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2010, 03:03:45 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2410
Bogut has limited range on his jumper. He has consistently taken only 1 to 1.5 shots a game outside of 10 feet for his career. If he is taking jump shots, that is a good defensive strategy for Boston.

He has solid mobility, solid quickness and solid explosiveness for a center ... but Bogut lacks exceptional athleticism in any of these areas.

Bogut is at his best offensively when he either has a strength advantage or a size advantage (can shoot over the top in the post).

When matched against a guy who he can't out-muscle or shoot over the top of, he is athletically challenged in terms of creating separation from his defender.

---------------------------------------------------

I am thinking Shaq can handle a player with those attributes. I don't think I have seen Shaq play against Bogut in recent years so I can't say for sure but I would expect him to do well in one-on-one situations against Bogut.

The only issue I'd have with Shaq is team defense + recovery to Bogut. Bogut is a smart and skilled player who could take advantage of Shaq when he isn't in good defensive position.

I have seen Jermaine O'Neal against Bogut and he does a serviceable job on him. Bogut is still an effective go-to scorer against Jermaine but not a dominant one.

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2010, 03:28:20 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
I won't be there live, I will watch the game tomorrow on League Pass.

It's going to be a tough one, although I like the fact that the Bucks are also playing on the 2nd night of a back to back.

Hopefully the starters will do a good job, Rondo will amaze use once again and the bench will step up to make the difference in a close game. Maggette and Bogut are the two guys that worry me!

TP FL and go Celtics!

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2010, 03:30:02 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
14 gives him the record through 5 games. Let’s keep this going.

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2010, 03:38:13 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Meh record through so many games is fun, but not really valuable.

I just want him to set records by the end of the year.

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2010, 03:53:31 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Meh record through so many games is fun, but not really valuable.

I just want him to set records by the end of the year.

Most assists by an NBA Champ would do fine.  Or least assists for that matter.   :)
Yup

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2010, 04:19:41 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Hmm... should I start Delfino tonight? Thoughts?

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2010, 04:21:47 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 660
  • MASTER OF PANIC
tonight will be a struggle IMO.

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2010, 04:22:37 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Hmm... should I start Delfino tonight? Thoughts?
Other options?