Author Topic: Ask Edgar  (Read 176772 times)

Re: Ask Edgar
« Reply #405 on: July 26, 2011, 08:32:38 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Dear Edgar,

I keep trying to understand, but I just don't get the attraction people feel toward fantasy basketball.  Do you really have fun playing it? 

sincerely, puzzled
                                      or
                                sincerely puzzled
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #406 on: July 26, 2011, 09:26:34 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Dear Edgar,

I keep trying to understand, but I just don't get the attraction people feel toward fantasy basketball.  Do you really have fun playing it?  

sincerely, puzzled
                                      or
                                sincerely puzzled

Dear

sincerely, puzzled
                                      or
                                sincerely puzzled

I am sure You read the 2500 words of the Pandas Press conference on 211 CB Draft Central Division Press Conference Page 1
Now Showing.....
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=49364.0
third post

If that is no love to
I dont know how you name it

Next one please be my Co GM  You will Love It
Then we will be named

The

CrotorkungfuPandathirstybooters

best name ever...

Edgar
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #407 on: July 26, 2011, 09:35:55 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
Moreso... this was so brain drainer I have to share with you all here.
 ;D
hope you dont hate it

THE ALLMIGHTY CROTORKUNGFUPANDAS!!!

The story of a Panda Monk who wanted to be on the NBA

By Edgar

Once born in a Salvadorean Bambu forest, a small panda Named Edgar , he was fury and funny and loves to jump over the fence , then he decided his game would be basketball

For those who didnt get it is the
D Fence part... :D

He always want to be a part of the NBA since he learn hoops at school

Of course that was a though sport, for a Panda, but if BBD can everyone can make it, and after years and years of playing analyzing and studying hoops, specially watching night after night after night on league pass he finally understand that
The job of a PANDA was to be a GM of NBA champion team.
And so… he studied a lot for that

Then a golden opportunity appears a New 24 NBA league was developed.

Well this could last forever.......
I can start saying I had the best PG in the world to start but I have such respect for Chris Paul that I am going to say I had one of the 2 best PGs in the world. STOP

When I realize that I knew  I had a chance of becoming an historical GM and to lead out team to a decade of wins.
So Around him I start drafting incredible talented guys. The work developed like here with a brief description of why I did each pick:

(9)   12:30 PM   Bucks      Edgar   Deron Williams: Its enough for me to say hes one of the two best pgs so please don’t make me go on why.

(40)   2:40 PM   Bucks      Edgar    Monta Ellis: Really for all of those who doesn’t appreciate Monta I will tell you hes one of the best pure scorers of the game, have loads of talent and is a joy to watch, and having two PGs who want to have the ball in his hands only gives you the chance of not losing while youre in the other halfcourt.

(64)   2:40 PM   Bucks      Edgar   Elton Brand, coming from a comeback year and posting one of his best years statwise, experience, size and quality cannot be teached, I am soo happy with this pik and I am pretty sure he wont last longer than 3 picks later on,.

(81)   12:30 PM Bucks      Edgar Antawn Jamison: even if some will critizice this pick I did it because hes GREAT I don’t know how people never got he tanked basically all year long ( Paul Pierce style) and still was capable to avg. 19 and 9 whenever he wants, If theres a quality player in the league that deserves to be picked before this It was Antawn..

(92)   3:20 PM   Lakers Jazz Thunder Jazz Bucks Wilson Chandler: young, Hungry, quality player that will be around the league for long, On February 22, 2011, Chandler was traded to the Denver Nuggets in a three-way blockbuster deal which also involved Minnesota Timberwolves that brought Carmelo Anthony to New York.] Chandler immediately made an impact in his debut for the Nuggets, scoring 16 points , including 8 key fourth quarter points, in a victory over the Boston Celtics.

(160)   3:20 PM   Bucks      Edgar   Jose Barea: I decided to go the microwave way, lot of points, know how to run a champion team, a recent ring, extra motivation, come here Barea.

(177)   11:45 AM   Bucks      Edgar   Nick Collison : He basically does all deffensively and is the heart of Hustle on any team.

(202)   2:50 PM   Jazz      Bucks (EDGAR)    Ryan Gomes: What can I say Ryan is great, I miss him,

(208)   3:20 PM   Bucks      Edgar   Tracy McGrady: At this time not picking McGrady is a lesson on how people around hate him just because he miss a lot of games, his talent is always there and hes still a scorer you like it or not, 208 and unproven rookies before him, like him or hate him that’s nothing more than pure hatin on a Proven NBA veteran willing to be a Celtic.

(215)   3:55 PM   Kings Heat   Bucks Kwame Brown: One center that defensively win his spot back as starter in a NBA Team,, sitting the likes of Nazr Mohammed, and playing superb defense all year long.

(273)   11:45 AM   Bucks      Edgar   Shaun Livingston: Coming back from injury took long time to Livingston, but he has shown that he was ready to take the challenge and play hard every second to make it there

(303)   3:15 PM   Blazers      IndeedProceed   Ian Mahimi: I still think The Mavericks owed him as much as the Celtics Owed leon Powe and PJ Brown for having that 2008 ring, the job that he did with Kirk and Chandler out was superb.

(304)   3:20 PM   Bucks         Edgar   Jonas Jerebko, and that’s why Jerebko is on IPs team and not mine, because what i think about Ian Mahinmi.

Stil...
We love you all guys!! Once a Panda Always a Panda!!.

pst pst

Why are YOU Talking about him Panda???… most of them didn’t end up in your roster….????

Right right   Lets RE FOCUS!!!!!

With a great team and playing to win, I remember SIZE win championships and remember also that people tend to forget fast how some players are incredible and how some others still have lots of ammo under their belt.

Then I decided and plan a strategy, take the best from every single team out there and give El Salvador the best team they could have. A team capable of beating the team we already had.

As listed before the team was constructed like this.
PG  Deron  Barea  Livingston
SG Monta McGrady
SF Chandler Gomes
PF Jamison   Collison
C  Brand   Kwame  Mahinmi
With this team we were ready to play small ball and outscore every single team out there

But faithfull to my mission I did this
“Start having fun” while constructing a champ
Listen to people learn from my mistakes
Accept them and improve from what I did

As soon as I did that I decided to ride the beast with style

*Nothing personal with other teams. :D

And come with a couple of trades
...Panda goes to work....

First Trade

NYK trades Tyreke Evans, Andrei Kirilenko, John Salmons
MIL trades Deron Williams

Whyyy Panda Whyyyy???

First off Because I need size and a backup 3 to help a young chandler to make the work
As much as deron is good a young tyreeke shows any kind of streghts that earns him rookie of the year awards and after his injury he did nothing other than shut his mouth and work like a madman his way back to primetime. He needs the ball a little less and attack the basket great.
Now I streght With a starting quality PF to help Jamison and a great backup at the wings, with experience and ready to contribute.

After that I continue working the phones
And suddenly this beauty appears

A three teams trade that send Monta Ellis, Antawn  Jamison and Ian Mahinmi wherever
For the likes of
Mr. Kevin Love, Marcus Thorton, Mehmet Okur and James Johnson

Why I did its kind of nonsense to explain
20 points
15 rebounds
2.5 assists, and I am talking what one of them did not the 4
A superb backup for my No.2, A great center who will have a rebound year this one and a filler
I couldn’t be happier
Then
I was over the top in players so trade No.3  happens

I trade Livingston and my binkie Gomes
And get a great breakingthrough PG in DJ Agustin. His almost 8 assists per game make this desition easy

Ladies and Gentlemen I hereby Introduce the All Mighty CROTORKUNGFUPANDAS

AT CENTER

Love led the NBA in rebounding averaging 15.2 per game. He won the NBA Most Improved Player Award after increasing his points per game by 44 percent and his rebounds per game by 38 percent over his previous season. Love established career highs in rebounding, scoring (20.2), assists (2.5), double-doubles (64), field goal percentage (.470), free throw shooting (85 percent), 3-point shooting (41.7 percent) and minutes played (35.8). He became the first player to average at least 20 points and 15 rebounds in a season since Malone in the 1982–83 seasonThe Associated Press wrote that he emerged as the new face of the franchise since Garnett was traded from the Timberwolves to the Boston Celtics in 2007. In 2010-11 Love's No. 42 was the Wolves' top-selling jersey since Kevin Garnett was in his prime.

AT PF

   2× NBA All-Star: 2 times
   All-NBA:Second Team: once
   NBA All-Rookie First Team:
   NBA co-Rookie of the Year
   2× NBA regular-season leader, offensive rebounds:  (348),  (396)
   Clippers' Career Leader in Offensive Rebounds (1,480).
And for those of you who said those were OldNews
Newflash
He end No. 19 in fantasy rankings last year and show he can still turn some heads

So making a break this far into lineup I will call this frontcourt
“The most PANDASTIC” Underated Frontcourt line ever assembled. A No.5 and a No.19
Coming from a No.9 pick ITS AWWEEESOME and that’s why I am sooo in love with this lineup.
I will be glad to welcome teams trying to rebound with this two in front of them.

AT SF

Size and youth
Great year, respond under pressure in his new team
Don’t make me come with the Celtics game again. Hes great there, and not only that… he isn’t alone, like in most of the teams here.

AT SG

Another rookie of the year ( with brand) now a part of the all mighty Pandas
With him, wathing Monta Part wasn’t tough at all. It was a called business. He can make whatever monta does and give hustle while doing it.
Lets get ready for a comeback year and leading this team deep into playoffs
For those who think he did wrong last year
On December 29, 2010, Evans hit a running, half-court game winner to defeat the Memphis Grizzlies. On January 6, 2011, Tyreke Evans scored 27 points and grabbed 12 boards leading his team to a 122–102 over the Nuggets. On January 21, 2011, Evans scored career high 35 points, along with 5 boards and 3 assists and 3 steals

On February 12, 2010 Tyreke Evans won the 2010 Rookie/Sophomore Game MVP award after recording 26 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists, and 5 steals on 11/15 shooting. In an act of sportsmanship, he chose to share the award with DeJuan Blair, who had scored 22 points and pulled down 23 rebounds.
(what a great Panda to have huh) this GM is a beast!!!

(this deserves red)

AT PG

Year    Team    GP    GS    MPG    FG%    3P%    FT%    RPG    APG    SPG    BPG    PPG
2008–09
Charlotte
72   12   26.5   .430   .439   .893   1.8   3.5   .6   .0   11.8
2009–10
Charlotte   80   2   18.4   .386   .393   .779   1.2   2.4   .6   .1   6.3
2010–11
Charlotte   82   82   33.6   .416   .333   .906   2.7   6.1   .7   .0   14.4

A young pg who keeps improving.. what else I can ask for to join Tyreeke

With Kevin Love and Tyreeke next to DJ the team of the future is not only the team of the future is the team of today and are ready to rock the world, OKC style but with better leadership and more depth

Knowing that five players are not enough to get a championship , theyre together with probably the best and deepest bench out there made out of Champions, Glue guys, hustlers, defenders and scorers.

Ladies and Gentlemen…The Pandas bench, whom could easily be the other starters BTW....

Big men rotation

yes i played with that guy

Life in this team is like a Bed of roses

The only guy he couldn’t defend is now his coach
And theyre back

And of course

Nice try fake bear, panda bears are the only bears allowed..

Wing Rotation

Woooo sorry Josh I am that good and underrated to make you no. 2nd round suffer

I promiss to go after every single ball thorton
Who was broadcasted as Key time shooter for another team before being a panda BTW

This kid will BE MIP this year mark my panda dactilar mark on that.

Of course

dont expect we will ask flying like that tracy
we now wait only a couple of key shots and

you show the little pandas how to fly.

And last but deffinetly not least our brand champion

Backup PG

The epitome of microwave, the Wade terror  the man who win games by himself even with Dirk around. JJ BAREA!!!}}
Guess who win the final in the piture :D
and more games by himself!!!

To end with a Roster and rotations of

C     Kevin Love (28)  Kwame Brown (10) Mehmet Okur (10)
P.F.  Elton Brand  (16)   Andre Kirilenko (16) Nick Collison (16)
S.F.  Wilson Chandler (28) John Salmons  (20)
S.G. Tyreeke Evans (28) Marcus Thornton (10) Tracy McGrady (10)
P.G.  DJ Agustin (24) Juan Jose Barea (24)

*most likely Tracy will be the other PG and be next to Tyreeke for rebounding and taking some offensive load out of him

A team with great big guys now coached by
The Orchestra maestro and LUXURY PANDA FOREVER!!!

Maestrooo.. Shaquille Oneal

Now..This team is starting BIG

Very BIG and angry and defensivly underrated

With a healthy Okur this teams poison up there, even with him out
Collison and Brand or Love, Kirilenko and Love, Kwame and Brand, will be a nightmare for wings trying to penetrate (If there fast enough) to leave Tyreeke and DJ Agustin behind.

GOOD LUCK TONY PARKER YOURE DEAD MEAT!!!

Our SFs are young and good and experience enough to kill younger ones and to match any supposed to be best player of the world, and probably will play for 4 quarters instead of 3

FINAL RESULT

We will be happy forever after

PANDAS WIN!!!

And Panda stories always end as happy stories….

And Pandas celebrate six rings

PANDUNTU AND PICK YOUR PANDA POISON EVERYONE!!!

*scrolling rocks

P.S.Some real basketball coming up in the mix and editing of course,i am tired and my brain is dry...
Extra early notes: If i had time to pick a nonddraftee it would be Kleiza like some point..., hes being bad, used with inconsistant minutes,

the 15th would be Telfair, he finally got some serious hoop moments that year even if Bibby seems like logical (he wasnt picked right?)
a little Panda is always welcome in El Salvador

If IP gave me two more days, I could probably end with the Dream Team..  thats how good GM I am..even Larry will walk through that door...

for warming the bench

Adios and Have Fun on the League!! This is hell of a game!!!
TY ALL!! for playing for trading and for having fun..

Nice to be back!

« Reply #408 on: July 26, 2011, 11:05:48 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"

« Reply #409 on: July 29, 2011, 06:33:06 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=49389.msg1043418;topicseen#new

what's up mi amigo edgar?

Hola CM

as you see we are dealing with it playing fantasy

Saludos

Edgar

Nice to be back!

« Reply #410 on: July 29, 2011, 07:18:25 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Wow Edgar. That was pretty special.  ;D
Yup

« Reply #411 on: July 29, 2011, 09:56:46 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
if sue has 3 apples and billy has four grapes

how many plums does greg have?

« Reply #412 on: July 29, 2011, 10:22:54 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
Dear Edgar,
was your panda post from a few days ago officially the longest, most content packed post in the history of celticsblog?
Humbly yours,
Prof. Clutch

« Reply #413 on: July 29, 2011, 10:51:03 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
if sue has 3 apples and billy has four grapes

how many plums does greg have?

Dear Bass

One
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line

Saludos

Edgar

Nice to be back!

« Reply #414 on: July 29, 2011, 10:52:03 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
Dear Edgar,
was your panda post from a few days ago officially the longest, most content packed post in the history of celticsblog?
Humbly yours,
Prof. Clutch

Dear Prof Clutch

You made me blush  :-[

Saludos

Edgar

Nice to be back!

« Reply #415 on: August 26, 2011, 10:56:43 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Dear Edgar,

In next years Guiness Book of Blog Records whose name will you be replacing for the category:  

MOST PANDA IMAGES POSTED IN A 7 DAY PERIOD?

Yup

« Reply #416 on: August 26, 2011, 11:12:31 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
Dear Edgar,

In next years Guiness Book of Blog Records whose name will you be replacing for the category: 

MOST PANDA IMAGES POSTED IN A 7 DAY PERIOD?

Dear Rojos

or

both fantasy creatures

;D

because theres no way an ornitorrincus exist and I am certain its just the tv trying to convince us that its true

Edgar

Nice to be back!

« Reply #417 on: August 26, 2011, 11:23:48 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Egg laying mammals? Holy echidnas! Whassup with that?  Gotta be a hoax.
Yup

« Reply #418 on: August 26, 2011, 11:32:48 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
Or a wombat or a ñu, I am still thinking eggs are just for making us think who was first and natures way of telling us
it was the chicken.
Most likely i will choose some underdeveloped species to play with
maybe one that behaves like a virus and have terrible natural balance

Nice to be back!

« Reply #419 on: August 27, 2011, 10:16:40 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Or a wombat or a ñu, I am still thinking eggs are just for making us think who was first and natures way of telling us
it was the chicken.
Most likely i will choose some underdeveloped species to play with
maybe one that behaves like a virus and have terrible natural balance

I've been watching the Betty's lay eggs their whole lives and never once saw them hatch, so I'm going with the chicken. 

or maybe the egg.
Yup