Author Topic: It's hilarious how the fanbase has turned 180 and would "rather have" Wallace  (Read 25766 times)

Offline badshar

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
It's funny, sad and pathetic...all at the same time. This same board, that was eager to get Wallace off the team "for literally anything", now thinks that Lee was a bad move and "Wallace was actually good". All this just to put down Ainge.

Get off of Danny. Seriously. If that's too difficult, at least stop being hypocrits.

Offline Mlewis1392

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
You gotta love it.. Once everyone gets what they want it's not good enough. The guy never saw the floor and now we actually have someone who can hoop. He may be up there in age but for such a young team we need the veteran leadership(Not that Wallace didn't do that for us) this is only the first domino to fall this summer. Remember guys "In Danny We Trust" I'm sure he's been working the phones since we got knocked out the first round it just takes two to tango.. With all that being said I know the one person who will approve of this trade is...James Young

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
You can't please everyone, I guess... especially Bostonians.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
It's funny, sad and pathetic...all at the same time. This same board, that was eager to get Wallace off the team "for literally anything", now thinks that Lee was a bad move and "Wallace was actually good". All this just to put down Ainge.

Get off of Danny. Seriously. If that's too difficult, at least stop being hypocrits.

TP for pointing out the silliness.

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I've gotten used to it. It's pretty ridiculous though, and I can relate to the frustration. Last night for example, Smart puts up 26 points and 8 assists, but his performance garners a 'C' rating from some posters as it wasn't dominant enough. I'm happy that we got rid of Wallace and added a legitimate NBA talent with a larger expiring deal.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

major TP

MAJOR
I trust Danny Ainge

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656
I haven't seen any fan base hue and cry to keep Wallace over Lee.  It would be understandable if those who want the team to miss the playoffs would prefer Wallace, BTW.

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I like how one opinion can be conflated to "everyone"/"the fanbase"  ::)

David Lee sucks. Has nothing to do with Wallace, IMO, beyond the fact that I'd rather cheer for Wallace as our best cheerleader than Lee as our best player.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
Boston sports fans are the worst. A lot of people in the New England region don't deserve these teams.

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
Seems the majority understand the move to me...

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
I don't know who the "fanbase" is that you are referring to.   Most of the reaction I have seen has been positive.  This was a no-brainer trade for Danny.   I just don't know how people can crap on a deal that gives the Cs a better player and additional cap room at the end of the year. 
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
I'm convinced that half of this forum has some sort of Laker-blood in them.  ;D ;D ;D

But yeeee, David Lee!! What a nice pickup.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76

David Lee sucks. Has nothing to do with Wallace, IMO, beyond the fact that I'd rather cheer for Wallace as our best cheerleader than Lee as our best player.

If David Lee sucks then what does that say about Wallace?!?!  Even if Lee was worse than Wallace (who never played), the deal is worth it for the additional cap space at the end of the year.   I don't understand your logic. 
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Acquiring David Lee:

- Makes the team worse defensively, somehow
- Means a starting spot will probably be used on a 30+ guy with no future here
- Makes the team more likely to finish in the middle of the pack
- Means we have to watch David Lee for at least 20 minutes a night 75+ times

David Lee on the Celts is basically a redux of Kris Humphries, without any of the easy Kardashian jokes.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

If David Lee sucks then what does that say about Wallace?!?!  Even if Lee was worse than Wallace (who never played), the deal is worth it for the additional cap space at the end of the year.   I don't understand your logic.

Wallace on the bench is more of a positive contribution to the Celtics than Lee playing 20-40 minutes per game. I don't know if you're familiar with addition by subtraction, but the inverse is a real thing too.

Pho, per usual, types faster than me and makes the point better.

Although it's possible that Lee will spur on the rebirth of post play in the Garden as opposing teams get the ball down low against him night after night.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.