Author Topic: The all-purpose "feel good" / pep rally / "optimism only" thread  (Read 612465 times)

Re: The all-purpose "feel good" / pep rally / "optimism only" thread
« Reply #690 on: June 28, 2016, 12:27:47 AM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
The first time people see Brown in the open court, this thread is going to be flooded with positive comments.

Bingo.
First game is July 4th.

+ + dunk =

At last!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 12:33:09 AM by GetLucky »

« Reply #691 on: June 28, 2016, 12:28:33 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Yup, with the extreme caveat of "How did we pass up on Davis", I'm on board with this whole draft now. What a mystery the Frullinger is though? I hadn't even watched any film. Kid has two years left on a contract with Rouen, so highly likely he stays in France for 2016-17 per prior agreement with Danny.

Brown, Bentil, Jackson and Zizic only real roster contenders.

I'd like to see Bentil and Zizic get some minutes. And Demetrius will be a fine Phil Pressey replacement for the deep bench..

He has a poor work ethic, so I'm glad that we didn't waste another pick on a player who doesn't have the drive to succeed - at least right now, anyway.

« Reply #692 on: June 28, 2016, 12:37:02 AM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
Yup, with the extreme caveat of "How did we pass up on Davis", I'm on board with this whole draft now. What a mystery the Frullinger is though? I hadn't even watched any film. Kid has two years left on a contract with Rouen, so highly likely he stays in France for 2016-17 per prior agreement with Danny.

Brown, Bentil, Jackson and Zizic only real roster contenders.

I'd like to see Bentil and Zizic get some minutes. And Demetrius will be a fine Phil Pressey replacement for the deep bench..

He has a poor work ethic, so I'm glad that we didn't waste another pick on a player who doesn't have the drive to succeed - at least right now, anyway.

Get that negativity outta here! And have a nice day while you're at it ;D

« Reply #693 on: July 01, 2016, 11:14:55 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I think we should all calm down with the Free Agent madness.

« Reply #694 on: July 01, 2016, 11:39:20 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219

You're in the wrong thread, too. I think we should do the opposite and get madly positive about free agency. We haven't signed any bad contracts yet! We could still, at this moment, sign Kevin Durant.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #695 on: July 02, 2016, 01:45:19 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text

You're in the wrong thread, too. I think we should do the opposite and get madly positive about free agency. We haven't signed any bad contracts yet! We could still, at this moment, sign Kevin Durant.
Not just Durant, but Al Horford, while still having the assets to make a run for Jimmy Butler   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #696 on: July 02, 2016, 07:44:47 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Based Danny had everything planned well in advance  8)

Trust the process

« Reply #697 on: July 03, 2016, 12:01:21 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
We just drafted Jaylen Brown 3rd Overall. We just signed Al Horford. OPTIMISM!!!!!
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #698 on: July 03, 2016, 12:16:14 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
You know the young guys ......Smart , Brown , Rozier , KO are sky high right now with Horford coming on board.

This signing sets a tone for Summer league forward ......positive vibes

« Reply #699 on: July 04, 2016, 06:10:25 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
ECF 2017 here we come  8)

« Reply #700 on: July 07, 2016, 10:12:01 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Needed to come in here for some positivity. It's a rarity on Celtics Blog.

I just don't understand why some folks think the Celtics got worse when they just picked up one of the premier Free Agents who plays a position of great need, got the #3 pick in the draft and have a host of 1st and 2nd year players which is almost near-certain that at least one of them makes a significant jump in their contribution to the team.

On the flip side, their only loss (Turner) had a role that's more than filled by these younger players. The teams that they competed against for that #3 spot were Charlotte (treading water), Indy (got better), Detroit (treading water), Atlanta (demonstrably worse) and Miami (demonstrably worse). The teams below those are either too old, too young or a poor collection of pieces that don't put them in the same class as the Celtics.

While even the Warriors aren't a lock for the playoffs, the Cs appear to have taken yet another positive step forward this offseason and did so without sacrificing their future or flexibility. This should be a fun season to watch.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #701 on: July 07, 2016, 10:40:39 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Needed to come in here for some positivity. It's a rarity on Celtics Blog.

I just don't understand why some folks think the Celtics got worse when they just picked up one of the premier Free Agents who plays a position of great need, got the #3 pick in the draft and have a host of 1st and 2nd year players which is almost near-certain that at least one of them makes a significant jump in their contribution to the team.

On the flip side, their only loss (Turner) had a role that's more than filled by these younger players. The teams that they competed against for that #3 spot were Charlotte (treading water), Indy (got better), Detroit (treading water), Atlanta (demonstrably worse) and Miami (demonstrably worse). The teams below those are either too old, too young or a poor collection of pieces that don't put them in the same class as the Celtics.

While even the Warriors aren't a lock for the playoffs, the Cs appear to have taken yet another positive step forward this offseason and did so without sacrificing their future or flexibility. This should be a fun season to watch.
Adding Horford to the 4th best defense in the NBA does not make you worse. People who don't understand that this move made us better don't understand the impact of defense in winning games in the NBA.

Next year our defense could be the best in the league.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #702 on: July 07, 2016, 10:47:39 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Does anyone actually think the Celts got worse by exchanging Evan Turner, Jared Sullinger, and Tyler Zeller for Al Horford, Jaylen Brown, and Demetrius Jackson / Ben Bentil?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #703 on: July 07, 2016, 10:50:22 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Does anyone actually think the Celts got worse by exchanging Evan Turner, Jared Sullinger, and Evan Turner for Al Horford, Jaylen Brown, and Demetrius Jackson / Ben Bentil?
I'm expecting us to make one final move so I expect something like Horford, Brown and quality vet replacing Sully, Turner and Zeller. No idea how that could be a step backwards.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #704 on: July 07, 2016, 10:51:04 AM »

Offline ashanm10

• NGT
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • Ahsan from Greece :D Panathinaikos and Celtics Fan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoWOr_2XKQs

this might make you feel good about our rookies we will be getting and got from this year and the next 2 ;p XD
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Banner 18...and BEYOND!!!