Author Topic: Rondo traded for Wright Nelson Crowder and 1st and 2nd  (Read 50148 times)

Re: Rondo traded for Wright Nelson Crowder and 1st and 2nd
« Reply #180 on: December 18, 2014, 09:20:25 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Adrian Wojnarowski ?@WojYahooNBA  12m12 minutes ago
Sources: Protections on the 2015 first-round pick Dallas sent Boston: Protected 1-3 and 15-30 in 2015; 2016-2020 protected to No. 7.

Okay, I've slightly re-evaluated this trade now. What we actually got is a 2016 pick which has a fari chance at being lottery.

yeah basically.  Dirk could retire after this season

We're basically hoping they win this year and Dirk rides off into the sunset.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #181 on: December 18, 2014, 09:20:31 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1481
Oh hell, I forgot one important detail of this trade.

I HATE JAMEER NELSON!!!!!! This is the very first time I have to deal with my Celts fandom when cheering for someone I really and truly don't like.

This is about to be hard. I pray that I make it.

Celtics fan and it trumps all feelings towards people (Jameer)!

I bet I will be singing his praises if he stays, soon enough lol... I still wont like him but I gotta cheer for any Celtics.

Lets just cross our fingers that Nelson is gone by the trade deadline.

« Reply #182 on: December 18, 2014, 09:20:45 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

I HATE JAMEER NELSON!!!!!! This is the very first time I have to deal with my Celts fandom when cheering for someone I really and truly don't like.

I bet I will be singing his praises if he stays, soon enough lol... I still wont like him but I gotta cheer for any Celtics.
I hate Jameer too. He and Pressey will be microscopic PGs for this team.

Pressey > Nelson

If Danny can't trade Nelson, he needs to waive him.   Honestly you are not going to get anything for Nelson

« Reply #183 on: December 18, 2014, 09:21:25 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

Seriously.

How could we have not gotten Harris instead?

In what universe would the that make or break this trade for the Mavs?
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #184 on: December 18, 2014, 09:21:40 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Adrian Wojnarowski ?@WojYahooNBA  12m12 minutes ago
Sources: Protections on the 2015 first-round pick Dallas sent Boston: Protected 1-3 and 15-30 in 2015; 2016-2020 protected to No. 7.

Okay, I've slightly re-evaluated this trade now. What we actually got is a 2016 pick which has a fari chance at being lottery.

yeah basically.  Dirk could retire after this season

We're basically hoping they win this year and Dirk rides off into the sunset.

nope. I don't care if they win. Well i do like dirk though and Rondo is there now. But if we got a 4-14 pick, i would be ecstatic

« Reply #185 on: December 18, 2014, 09:21:42 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
He took this deal because winning 35 games and making the playoffs is the worst of all possible worlds.
We can still win 35 games. Don't think for a second that the trade made us THAT much worse.

Well, I suspect Bass, Thornton and possibly Green are out the door too.  You couldn't really trade those guys until you moved Rondo.  And at most we only have to worry about resigning Green if he opts out, instead of Green and Rondo.

And winning 35 games with Smart hopefully starting the 2nd half of the season is quite different than winning 35 with Rondo.

By the way, is this why Stevens has played Rondo less than 32 minutes a game?

Mike

« Reply #186 on: December 18, 2014, 09:27:20 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
He took this deal because winning 35 games and making the playoffs is the worst of all possible worlds.
We can still win 35 games. Don't think for a second that the trade made us THAT much worse.
If they want to miss the playoffs, they may have to trade Green or Bass.  I don't think the deal makes the team that much worse in the short run.   In how many games has Rondo actually made a difference? 

Wright and the absence of Rondo actually improve the team defense.  Nelson's still at least a rotation player and he's a better shooter than RR.  Don't think there's going to be quite the drop off that many of you expect - though granted they're not getting to .500 anytime soon.

« Reply #187 on: December 18, 2014, 09:27:27 PM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
Happy to hear about those protections on the picks. Much more likely to get a better pick next year than this year.

Still a chance we get a lotto pick this year if it all explodes on Dallas though. Better than before IMO.

« Reply #188 on: December 18, 2014, 09:32:32 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Happy to hear about those protections on the picks. Much more likely to get a better pick next year than this year.

Still a chance we get a lotto pick this year if it all explodes on Dallas though. Better than before IMO.

I agree.  It's still a dirt sandwich, but at least the bread isn't moldy.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #189 on: December 18, 2014, 09:34:09 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I like Nelson infinitely more than I liked Steph Marbury.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #190 on: December 18, 2014, 09:36:15 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

LOL I didn't have to live that but I feel you. Yikes.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #191 on: December 18, 2014, 09:37:50 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

Well, I suspect Bass, Thornton and possibly Green are out the door too.  You couldn't really trade those guys until you moved Rondo.  And at most we only have to worry about resigning Green if he opts out, instead of Green and Rondo.

And winning 35 games with Smart hopefully starting the 2nd half of the season is quite different than winning 35 with Rondo.

By the way, is this why Stevens has played Rondo less than 32 minutes a game?

Mike

Yep. I suspect Green is next.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #192 on: December 18, 2014, 09:38:44 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
If they want to miss the playoffs, they may have to trade Green or Bass.  I don't think the deal makes the team that much worse in the short run.   In how many games has Rondo actually made a difference? 

Wright and the absence of Rondo actually improve the team defense.  Nelson's still at least a rotation player and he's a better shooter than RR.  Don't think there's going to be quite the drop off that many of you expect - though granted they're not getting to .500 anytime soon.

I agree about trading Green / Bass.  Probably need to do that to ensure a bottom out.

But I disagree about Nelson.  His game has dropped off a cliff.  Nelson is shooting 37% fg this year.  I hope AB hounds the crap out of him in practice and he never suits up for us in a game.

« Reply #193 on: December 18, 2014, 09:38:46 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Man, only one late pick and no young, promising prospects that we can at least hope work out (like Zeller or Turner who we essentially got for free).

Basically, this trade makes me want to kill myself.  :'(

« Reply #194 on: December 18, 2014, 09:40:02 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

LOL I didn't have to live that but I feel you. Yikes.

Cmon, that is the lesser of two bad experiences.  It doesn't mean we have to like the less bad one right? haha