Author Topic: Celtic Picks - 2019 draft  (Read 108848 times)

Re: Celtic Picks - 2019 draft
« Reply #570 on: June 04, 2019, 10:06:04 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
Today's draft workout is a strong one:

Kevin Porter Jr (USC)
Lu Dort (Arizona State)
Tyler Herro (Kentucky)
Talen Horton-Tucker (Iowa State)
Nickeil Alexander-Walker (Virginia Tech)
Skyler Flatten (South Dakota State)

« Reply #571 on: June 04, 2019, 10:10:17 AM »

RazzelnoDazzel

Watching Bol Bol scout video. Man, if he checks out physically with his foot, and is available, we should take him at 14.  Has great shooting touch, can handle the ball. Who cares if he's skinny. Probably just as well, gives his feet better chance to get better. Nearly an 80% free throw shooter, with eFGA of nearly 60% is awesome.  Could play him the same way Bucks employ Lopez on offense and defense.
Bol Bol's defense was terrible in college.  You better care if he's skinny.  He's going to get abused in the NBA if he doesn't beef up a lot.

Kevin Durant is still pretty stick skinny. Had the worst bench press numbers in combine. He didn't turn out too shabby.

Look, if Bol Bol was stronger, heavier, not injured, he'd be top 3-5 pick in this draft. Ainge was prepared to take Embiid at 6 when he was hurt, but didn't last past 3.  Embiid a better prospect, obviously, but you get my drift.

Durant came in t 6ft10 220
Bol is 7foot2 208
and yet bol still plays at a high level against bigger and stronger opponents

College kids for 7 games?

Bol Bol is someone else people are extremely low on and I just don’t understand it. I don’t think anyone we select in this draft will get an extreme amount of minuets so why not take a skilled 7 footer? He may be skinny but that don’t mean he’s going to be weak for ever. I think Gannis changed the game for a log of future slim prospects.

« Reply #572 on: June 04, 2019, 10:12:34 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Watching Bol Bol scout video. Man, if he checks out physically with his foot, and is available, we should take him at 14.  Has great shooting touch, can handle the ball. Who cares if he's skinny. Probably just as well, gives his feet better chance to get better. Nearly an 80% free throw shooter, with eFGA of nearly 60% is awesome.  Could play him the same way Bucks employ Lopez on offense and defense.
Bol Bol's defense was terrible in college.  You better care if he's skinny.  He's going to get abused in the NBA if he doesn't beef up a lot.

Kevin Durant is still pretty stick skinny. Had the worst bench press numbers in combine. He didn't turn out too shabby.

Look, if Bol Bol was stronger, heavier, not injured, he'd be top 3-5 pick in this draft. Ainge was prepared to take Embiid at 6 when he was hurt, but didn't last past 3.  Embiid a better prospect, obviously, but you get my drift.

Bol is 7foot2 208

Bol Bol is someone else people are extremely low on and I just don’t understand it. I don’t think anyone we select in this draft will get an extreme amount of minuets so why not take a skilled 7 footer? He may be skinny but that don’t mean he’s going to be weak for ever. I think Gannis changed the game for a log of future slim prospects.
Bol Bol isn't just skinny though. He is insanely thin, and has questions about his motor and drive that are well reported on. Pass
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #573 on: June 04, 2019, 10:15:15 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254

Bol is 7foot2 208

A big reason is that he weighed in at 235 lb for his freshman season, got hurt, and came back at 208 lb. He had a huge financial incentive to hit the weight room and instead had a disturbing weight loss.

« Reply #574 on: June 04, 2019, 10:47:19 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291

Bol is 7foot2 208

A big reason is that he weighed in at 235 lb for his freshman season, got hurt, and came back at 208 lb. He had a huge financial incentive to hit the weight room and instead had a disturbing weight loss.

I didn't realize that. Is that true? That actually makes me feel better about his weight because at least he can put it on. I was afraid he might not be able to add weight at all. He's not high on my list, but if my preferred targets are exhausted, I'm ok with taking a flyer on Bol.

« Reply #575 on: June 04, 2019, 11:14:53 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Bol is 7foot2 208

I didn't realize that. Is that true? That actually makes me feel better about his weight because at least he can put it on. I was afraid he might not be able to add weight at all. He's not high on my list, but if my preferred targets are exhausted, I'm ok with taking a flyer on Bol.
if the C's take him (I don't see them having any picks left this year after the AD trade), they're going to hire Sully to come back and help Bol how to put on weight ;)

« Reply #576 on: June 04, 2019, 11:45:08 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Kevin Porter Jr (USC)
Lu Dort (Arizona State)
Tyler Herro (Kentucky)
herro and porter jr are very intriguing
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #577 on: June 04, 2019, 11:52:21 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Kevin Porter Jr (USC)
Lu Dort (Arizona State)
Tyler Herro (Kentucky)
herro and porter jr are very intriguing

Awesome.

« Reply #578 on: June 04, 2019, 06:21:33 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
@Aaron_Torres
Someone in the know just told me Tyler Herro "blew away" the Celtics in his workout this morning. Finished the workout having made 80 of 100 three point attempts. From all accounts, Herro seems to be picking up a LOT of positive buzz throughout the draft process

« Reply #579 on: June 08, 2019, 10:33:53 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
My Revision 4 mock

14 - Nassar Little. 6'6 but with 7'1 wingspan and 8'9 reach.  Leonard skeleton/framework but requires refinement.  Danny picks due to potential

20- Matisse Thybulle. Elite defender from the guard/F position from any drafts. Has working jump shot and is 80 percent at FT line. 

22 - Dylan Windler - Ilyasova, Mirotic, Bogdonovic type talent but is a little better athelete.  Exceptional 3 point shooter and also good rebounder (10 rpg avg).  Good at running around screens and catching and shooting 3s. Also has a nice step back 3 pt shot.

« Reply #580 on: June 08, 2019, 10:55:11 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
My Revision 4 mock

14 - Nassar Little. 6'6 but with 7'1 wingspan and 8'9 reach.  Leonard skeleton/framework but requires refinement.  Danny picks due to potential

20- Matisse Thybulle. Elite defender from the guard/F position from any drafts. Has working jump shot and is 80 percent at FT line. 

22 - Dylan Windler - Ilyasova, Mirotic, Bogdonovic type talent but is a little better athelete.  Exceptional 3 point shooter and also good rebounder (10 rpg avg).  Good at running around screens and catching and shooting 3s. Also has a nice step back 3 pt shot.

Interesting picks. Haven't got a problem with taking these 3 - particularly like Little and Windler.

As of now I have my mock sitting as us taking Kabengele or Alexander-Walker at 14, Bitadze or Keldon Johnson at 20 and Samanic or Windler at 22, with Schofield likely our pick at 51

« Reply #581 on: June 08, 2019, 11:25:28 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
My Revision 4 mock

Interesting picks. Haven't got a problem with taking these 3 - particularly like Little and Windler.

As of now I have my mock sitting as us taking Kabengele or Alexander-Walker at 14, Bitadze or Keldon Johnson at 20 and Samanic or Windler at 22, with Schofield likely our pick at 51

those are pretty good also

this is one of those drafts that I don't think anyone really knows what will happen from 4 to 30 to the very last pick

Some critique regarding your picks

Kabengele - people are not sure about his knees because he wraps them up during games.  Is it sensitive to bruises?  does he feel pain the next day after games?  also his mobility is "just ok".  Will he be "behind" at the NBA level

NAW - I think just like Nasser Little, he would be the type of player Danny could target with the 14th pick

Bitadze - No issue here with the 20-22 pick.  People say he is like another Nurkic, which wouldn't be bad at all. 

51 - Schoefield, Grant Williams, Lecque etc.  I think a decent choice will be made.    Also I wouldn't be surprised if Danny signs one or two undrafted players on minor deals

« Reply #582 on: June 08, 2019, 11:32:05 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Any reports of who worked out with team since Tuesday?

« Reply #583 on: June 08, 2019, 11:33:28 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
My Revision 4 mock

those are pretty good also

this is one of those drafts that I don't think anyone really knows what will happen from 4 to 30 to the very last pick

Some critique regarding your picks

Kabengele - people are not sure about his knees because he wraps them up during games.  Is it sensitive to bruises?  does he feel pain the next day after games?  also his mobility is "just ok".  Will he be "behind" at the NBA level

NAW - I think just like Nasser Little, he would be the type of player Danny could target with the 14th pick

Bitadze - No issue here with the 20-22 pick.  People say he is like another Nurkic, which wouldn't be bad at all. 

51 - Schoefield, Grant Williams, Lecque etc.  I think a decent choice will be made.    Also I wouldn't be surprised if Danny signs one or two undrafted players on minor deals
The knee brace point is an important one, as it's been picked up on by quite a few scouting sites too.

“The one thing that’s worth noting: teams want to get a look at the medical testing taken at the combine surrounding Kabengele’s knees. Throughout the season, Kabengele wore braces on both knees, raising questions about their strength in the long-term. This isn’t to say there is an issue there; rather, teams just tend to be overly cautious and want to get a look to confirm. As long as that comes back clean, expect that Kabengele goes in Round One.”
https://behindthebuckpass.com/2019/06/02/nba-draft-2019-prospect-watch-mfiondu-kabengele/4/

So basically, scouts aren't exactly sure why he wears them, but will likely find out soon enough. I'm sure Ainge will do his research.

« Reply #584 on: June 08, 2019, 12:10:47 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Any reports of who worked out with team since Tuesday?

nope

to be honest, I think it is winding down

I remember reading that the Celts have worked out like 100 prospects already lol

I mean maybe/good chance they bring in the ones that interest them for a 2nd workout

but you usually don't see this for players chosen for spots like 20, 22 or 51

Windler, Davis and Clemons we have heard have come in or will come in for 2nd workouts

my guess is for the 22nd pick