Poll

Kemba looks fine. But should the Celts trade him?

No
18 (54.5%)
Yes
15 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: Kemba looks fine. But should the Celts trade him?  (Read 7559 times)

Kemba looks fine. But should the Celts trade him?
« on: January 17, 2021, 05:43:03 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Kemba returned today and looked fine.  More like his old self actually. Moved better than he did vs Heat series

However the side effect is Browns game suffers (defer to Kemba). And also others look like pilons on offense/stagnant while Kemba does his thing. 

Kemba D is also a liability.  Takes extra team focus/effort to prevent getting burnt. 

I liked the way the team looked with Brown/Tatum/PP leading the charge.   Team D is more reliable

Should Ainge entertain the idea to trade Kemba?

Re: Kemba looks fine. But should the Celts trade him?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2021, 05:45:09 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Yes

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2021, 05:46:05 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2021, 05:48:54 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Yes

Trade idea?
For Ben Simmons? Maybe wait on GreenlyGreeny to post one 😬🤣

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2021, 05:54:17 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Kemba not going anywhere with that knee and contract
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2021, 05:57:12 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
  Nothing to do with score. Knew this would happen. Brown standing in corner. Tatum comes back it will be standing there all game. Kemba is a an all star talent but I think brown would suffer. Imperative to me that we move Kemba.

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2021, 06:00:15 PM »

Offline JBJT619

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 8
Kemba returned today and looked fine.  More like his old self actually. Moved better than he did vs Heat series

However the side effect is Browns game suffers (defer to Kemba). And also others look like pilons on offense/stagnant while Kemba does his thing. 

Kemba D is also a liability.  Takes extra team focus/effort to prevent getting burnt. 

I liked the way the team looked with Brown/Tatum/PP leading the charge.   Team D is more reliable

At this point I think that it would help just to unload this contract. The Celtics core is JB/JT. Unload Kemba for picks and cap space like we did with the Hornets where we sent Hayward off to a team that wants to win. Maybe Chicago, Indiana, Dallas, or Orlando.

It would be shocking to me if we couldn't send Kemba for Aaron Gordon.

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2021, 06:05:33 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
  Nothing to do with score. Knew this would happen. Brown standing in corner. Tatum comes back it will be standing there all game. Kemba is a an all star talent but I think brown would suffer. Imperative to me that we move Kemba.

You couldn't be more correct.  Ainge has been surrounding the J's with teammates that take the ball out of their hands rather than compliment them for far too long. 

Teague, Prichard, and Smart are more than enough at point guard.

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2021, 06:09:44 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

At this point I think that it would help just to unload this contract. The Celtics core is JB/JT. Unload Kemba for picks and cap space like we did with the Hornets where we sent Hayward off to a team that wants to win. Maybe Chicago, Indiana, Dallas, or Orlando.

I wouldnt want Aaron Gordon

I rather trade for Otto Porter Jr. and two future 1sts.

Perhaps a three way and come away with Capela

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2021, 06:11:57 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Waste of talent when this happens. Brown ball handling/passing game was starting to come around

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2021, 06:20:33 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106

I think those that expect 1st rounders for Kemba have to adjust their expectations. It’s quite possible that Kembas contract is viewed as a negative asset around the league

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2021, 06:27:09 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2523
Doubt a trade will happen.  In order to get decent return for Kemba he's got to play, and play well. If he plays well when both Jays are playing, I don't think fans are going to be that eager to trade him.  I think the early deference to Kemba was to get Kemba some good run early.  Brad sees what he has in JB and is not going to waste him like old times standing in the corner.  At least I think not. Will wait and see. 

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2021, 06:48:32 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I think those that expect 1st rounders for Kemba have to adjust their expectations. It’s quite possible that Kembas contract is viewed as a negative asset around the league

Soo you would just do Otto Porter jr. for Walker ? Doesnt feel like a satisfying return.

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2021, 06:51:53 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Jaylen took a team high and game high 20 shots today. He wasn't deferring to anyone today. Kemba's had no issue taking a backseat to the Jays, I don't think it's suddenly going to become an issue.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2021, 06:57:56 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Jaylen took a team high and game high 20 shots today. He wasn't deferring to anyone today. Kemba's had no issue taking a backseat to the Jays, I don't think it's suddenly going to become an issue.

Kemba defers to JT

Not really to Brown.  Last season, late parts of games, Brown just hung around at the corner in the offensive end

Because you cant stick Kemba there.