Author Topic: USA vs. Spain Chat  (Read 19449 times)

Re: USA vs. Spain Chat
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2008, 04:09:08 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
on the topic of rudy... that guy played amazing.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2008, 05:52:43 PM »

Offline Smitty

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 11
Are some of you serious??  The world has "caught up" with the USA??  Really?  I hope you are kidding.  The refs kept Spain in this game.  Did anyone see Marc Gasol all but pick up Bosh and throw him down and there was absolutely NO call???  Are you serious??  You simply could NOT have missed it!!!  Kobe and LeBron had two fouls each in the first five minutes?  Are you serious?  This would have been another 30 point blowout IF the game would have been called fairly.  This was about as fair as allowing China to have 10 year old gymnasts competing.  Ridiculous.  Unbelievable.

Smitty

« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2008, 06:08:16 PM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107
Are some of you serious??  The world has "caught up" with the USA??  Really?  I hope you are kidding.  The refs kept Spain in this game.  Did anyone see Marc Gasol all but pick up Bosh and throw him down and there was absolutely NO call???  Are you serious??  You simply could NOT have missed it!!!  Kobe and LeBron had two fouls each in the first five minutes?  Are you serious?  This would have been another 30 point blowout IF the game would have been called fairly.  This was about as fair as allowing China to have 10 year old gymnasts competing.  Ridiculous.  Unbelievable.

Smitty

Please then explain to me why Argentina made it a game with out two fo their better players on the court?  Seriously last night there were calls that were equally as bad that went against both teams.  Deal with it the world has caught up. 

And Bankshot (see back a page) what are you talking about?  The USA played a hell of a game yesterday, one of their better games shooting the 3 and from the foul line.

« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2008, 09:12:11 PM »

Offline Smitty

• Jrue Holiday
Scribbles,

Are you being serious my friend??  This game would NOT have been close if thugs such as Marc Gasol were not allowed to throw our players such as Bosh onto the ground with NO call.  I have NOT witnessed something like this since the might Atlanta Hawks shot about 2 FT's to our every 1 in that infamous 7-game series.  The C's/Hawks series would have been at worst a 4-1 thrashing if it would have been called fairly and we would have won by at least 25 today if the refs would have called assaults fouls.  I have NEVER seen anything like what Marc did to Chris NOT called a foul in such an important game.  The refs had a definite agenda my friend.  The world is getting closer, but not as close as this game indicated!!!!!!!

Smitty

« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2008, 09:50:05 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I definitely found myself rooting for Spain, heavily....does that make me a bad American

Yes.

« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2008, 10:07:43 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Scribbles,

Are you being serious my friend??  This game would NOT have been close if thugs such as Marc Gasol were not allowed to throw our players such as Bosh onto the ground with NO call.  I have NOT witnessed something like this since the might Atlanta Hawks shot about 2 FT's to our every 1 in that infamous 7-game series.  The C's/Hawks series would have been at worst a 4-1 thrashing if it would have been called fairly and we would have won by at least 25 today if the refs would have called assaults fouls.  I have NEVER seen anything like what Marc did to Chris NOT called a foul in such an important game.  The refs had a definite agenda my friend.  The world is getting closer, but not as close as this game indicated!!!!!!!

Smitty

Come on man, don't be a sore winner and give the Spaniards credit.  I bet you were one of the people calling the European soft, but when they come playing some aggressive ball, then they're fouling.  The reality is that is how the world has been playing USA.  Just look at the past games, Australia was getting in their faces.  Greece was being not trying to prevent the transition points.  They were trying to aggravate the Americans so they start doing their one on one thing and they have been playing since the first round, so that wasnt something new.  That's how you play basketball.  That's how you play international basketball, and if USA is too soft to overcome that, then the world has caught up to them.

Are you seriously telling me that a team full of monsters like Lebron, Howard, and Melo were being thrown around.  Just give them credit.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2008, 10:18:48 PM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107
Scribbles,

Smitty

Yes I'm serious man.  I'm not saying that they were good or bad calls but it went both ways. Sure Marc Gasol gave Bosh a hard hit but did you see Howard forearm Pau in the face?  That wasn't a cheap shot either? hmmm

« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2008, 10:56:04 PM »

Offline Smitty

• Jrue Holiday
Scribs,

I would admit that they missed that one.  As I recall tho, Gasol did NOT end up being tossed to the ground like a dish rag, did he??  How about the supposed reach in, especially those by Kidd, where he clearly got ball on several occasions, but was still called for fouls.  How could you possibly watch this game and not see a bias??  Do you hate America?

Smitty

« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2008, 10:57:35 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Yay America

I'm glad they won.  But Kobe is painful to root for.

Yup

« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2008, 11:10:44 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I definitely found myself rooting for Spain, heavily....does that make me a bad American

Yes.

Not really.  It makes you a good Celtics fan.  Cheering for Kobe Bryant to be successful in anything at anytime is a character flaw.  He is basketball's form of the devil.  As far as I'm concerned Coach K isn't too far behind him.  Two of my personal most hated figures in the game made it extremely hard to root for the good ole USA.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2008, 11:13:58 PM »

Offline Smitty

• Jrue Holiday
I sort of understand your hate of Kobe, but Coach K???  He is one of the best coaches of ALL time.  Kobe did step up and help seal this game.  He is a prime time performer, no doubt.  He has balls of steel and is willing to be the hero or the goat.  He simply wants the ball in his hands and feels that he will win and he usually does.  We might not like him, but you need to respect what he can do and does consistently:-))

« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2008, 11:17:57 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Let's Go Celtics
I sort of understand your hate of Kobe, but Coach K???  He is one of the best coaches of ALL time.  Kobe did step up and help seal this game.  He is a prime time performer, no doubt.  He has balls of steel and is willing to be the hero or the goat.  He simply wants the ball in his hands and feels that he will win and he usually does.  We might not like him, but you need to respect what he can do and does consistently:-))

He is one of the best coaches of all time.  Kobe is one of the best players of all time.  The Yankees are the best baseball team of all time.  That doesn't mean that I like them.  I love UNC, therefore I hate Coach K.  I was hoping we would win in spite of having those two involved.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2008, 11:20:35 PM »

Offline Smitty

• Jrue Holiday
MA11,

Maybe Roy Williams will one day be well thought of enough to coach such a meaningful game.  But first, he needs to learn to not wear the logo of the team that just thrashed his Heels at the Final Four:-))  Totally stupid and classless.  I am an N.C. State fan, and therefore I despise anything baby blue, but that act p---ed off a lot of diehard UNC fans.

Smitty

« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2008, 11:31:21 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Let's Go Celtics
MA11,

Maybe Roy Williams will one day be well thought of enough to coach such a meaningful game.  But first, he needs to learn to not wear the logo of the team that just thrashed his Heels at the Final Four:-))  Totally stupid and classless.  I am an N.C. State fan, and therefore I despise anything baby blue, but that act ****ed off a lot of diehard UNC fans.

Smitty
[/quote

Yeah I've never even been to ACC country so I'm not diehard like those people.  I'm sure they were all very upset about that.  I tend to cheer for them because i just dislike Duke so much.

« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2008, 02:02:03 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

"If I can't win the NBA Championship,
I'll steal EVERY gimmick Pierce has!"