Author Topic: Lebron’s Histrionics  (Read 4677 times)

Re: Lebron’s Histrionics
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2023, 11:18:21 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Total temper tantrum.  Immediately reminded me of a toddler throwing a hissy fit.  Have to imagine almost anyone else in the league would've been T'ed up.

There might be a couple other guys who could've gotten away with it—maybe Durant and Curry?—but I've no doubt that at least 99% of players would've been T'd up immediately.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2023, 11:22:16 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Total temper tantrum.  Immediately reminded me of a toddler throwing a hissy fit.  Have to imagine almost anyone else in the league would've been T'ed up.

There might be a couple other guys who could've gotten away with it—maybe Durant and Curry?—but I've no doubt that at least 99% of players would've been T'd up immediately.

Even Durant and Curry don't get an unlimited leash.  Durant has 11 techs this season.  Curry has ___.  Doncic has 12.  Curry has 5, which is probably low for his cockiness and level of complaining, but it still registers in the top-30 of all players.

Lebron has one, and six total in the last five years.  I'd love to see which ref had the balls to call a tech on Lebron this year, and what it was for.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2023, 11:28:51 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
I mostly find it annoying that his blatant travel on that play has been ignored by both Lebron and the media.  To throw a temper tantrum like that after such an obvious travel just makes it worse and shows just how pampered he really is.
I thought it was an obvious travel too but the 2 minute report didn’t call that out. Does he get the extra step as a “gather step”? I’m really curious?

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2023, 11:29:29 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Kobe would have said something to the ref, and then would have taken 16 shots in OT.

I guess I could see Dwight doing this.  He's always been a clown.

But, the "picture this" exercise is funny.  It cracks me up trying to envision Tim Duncan carrying on like that.
THIS. So much ado about the final play in regulation but that play DID NOT DECIDE THE GAME, as LAL fans and reporters would lead you to believe. LAL had FIVE FULL MINUTES to play hard and win the game. They didn't do it.

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2023, 12:38:05 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
 :)

« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 12:48:43 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2023, 12:52:31 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Lebron when things don’t go his way on the golf course…

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2023, 12:55:44 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

The kid could learn some tips from Lebron.  Not enough head grabbing or dramatic kneeling.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2023, 01:08:15 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

The kid could learn some tips from Lebron.  Not enough head grabbing or dramatic kneeling.

Lol.  In looking for that video, I also came across Veruca Salt from Willy Wonka’s chocolate factory.

Lebron did it better than her too.

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2023, 01:12:09 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468
I am so sick of Everything leBUM.

I will be throwing a retirement party when he's done.  Not for him but for me to celebrate, get drunk eat some great food that I don't have to see this arsehat play against the C's ever again.  his kid can't get to the NBA quick enough. 

I loved watching Magic, MJ etc play.  I hated Laimbeer because he'd beat the crap out of your team.  Players today I can't stand are Curry and his shimmy, LeWhiner, Draymond.  Three guys I can't wait until they are done.

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2023, 02:06:12 PM »

Offline Yuckabuck33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 171
I mostly find it annoying that his blatant travel on that play has been ignored by both Lebron and the media.  To throw a temper tantrum like that after such an obvious travel just makes it worse and shows just how pampered he really is.
I thought it was an obvious travel too but the 2 minute report didn’t call that out. Does he get the extra step as a “gather step”? I’m really curious?
The 2 minute report is more likely to provide cover for the refs than be honest and transparent. I will never forget the foul called on Al Horford where there was zero contact and we lost the replay challenge despite clear video evidence.  The last 2 min report called a correct call and posted the only ambiguous camera angle (all other angles showed no contact).
Just because the last 2 minute report did not mention a travel by Lebron doesn't mean it didn't happen.

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2023, 03:56:46 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
I think most of the greats would do that if they came up in this era.  I mean we saw plenty of glares and confrontations back in the day, it isn't a leap at all to see those glares turn into this given the era.

Jordan would basically be Luka today.  So cocky and arrogant.  Talking to everyone and complaining about everything.

Umm why don’t the other greats lay on the floor crying at the end of regulation then? Maybe draymond would do this. Certainly can’t picture kd, jokic or Giannis doing this. Embid would if he was like eliminated from playoffs maybe, not headed to overtime in a regular season game. This is a topic Lebron super fans should probably just let blow over.

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2023, 04:13:17 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

Even Durant and Curry don't get an unlimited leash.  Durant has 11 techs this season.  Curry has ___.  Doncic has 12.  Curry has 5, which is probably low for his cockiness and level of complaining, but it still registers in the top-30 of all players.

Lebron has one, and six total in the last five years.  I'd love to see which ref had the balls to call a tech on Lebron this year, and what it was for.
That is a fair point.  Lebron doesn't get the T's, but acting like he is the only star these days to throw a temper tantrum in a game just isn't reality.  I mean Steph had one just last week, when he threw his mouth guard into the crowd (among other things).  Heck, Curry got ejected for a temper tantrum in game 6 of the 2016 finals.  The first ejection of a player in the Finals in 20 years (though he would have had to leave that game anyway as he committed his 6th foul).  That too was for throwing his mouth guard into the stands and hitting a fan.

Doncic gets into with players, fans, and coaches basically every game.  Often throwing temper tantrums in the process (there are a ton of youtube videos of Doncic throwing tantrums on the bench).  Heck last night he was jarring all game with a Pistons coach. 

Not all temper tantrums are the same, but a whole heck of a lot of the great players today throw tantrums of varying kinds and degrees.  It is just the way the game is these days.  Lebron absolutely should be T'd up more than he is for the complaining, but so should Draymond, and frankly so should Smart. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2023, 11:19:36 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Kobe would have said something to the ref, and then would have taken 16 shots in OT.

I guess I could see Dwight doing this.  He's always been a clown.

But, the "picture this" exercise is funny.  It cracks me up trying to envision Tim Duncan carrying on like that.

Lol
I forget to mention Duncan, but I did legit try that one out this morning. 

How about Jo Jo White lol
Yup

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2023, 02:35:06 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
I am so sick of Everything leBUM.

I will be throwing a retirement party when he's done.  Not for him but for me to celebrate, get drunk eat some great food that I don't have to see this arsehat play against the C's ever again.  his kid can't get to the NBA quick enough. 

I loved watching Magic, MJ etc play.  I hated Laimbeer because he'd beat the crap out of your team.  Players today I can't stand are Curry and his shimmy, LeWhiner, Draymond.  Three guys I can't wait until they are done.

Next thing you know, LeBron is gonna be the NBA spokesperson...the commissioner-lite traveling around helping Adam Silver making policy changes and things like that  ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2023, 07:29:41 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Quote from: Lebron
“[Tonight’s] game was decided by the players. In Boston, the game was decided by the refs.”

He is such a ----.