Author Topic: Lakers get Rui Hachimura  (Read 3221 times)

Re: Lakers get Rui Hachimura
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2023, 11:24:22 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
Rui made great sense as backup wing for us. Would Wiz have accepted Payton and some 2nd round picks from us instead? Would we have done that deal? I would have.

Maybe, but I’m not surprised that they’d rather deal him to a western conference team than one in the East. Especially the team with the best record in the league.
I don't think rebuilding teams care about trading 8th men to conference foes

I think Hachimura is going to be good for LA.  Not sure why people are acting like he’s Sam Hauser. I’d actually rather have Rui than Grant. He’s bigger, a better athlete, more talented and still has upside.
Still an 8th man since you know that is what Grant is on this team.

Sure, an 8th man that’s bigger, a better athlete, more talented and still has upside.
which has absolutely nothing to do with my post i.e. rebuilding teams don't care if they trade an 8th man to a conference foe.  They just care about getting the best value return on the player.

Who said they are rebuilding? If they are rebuilding why are Beal, Porzingis, and Kuzma on the team.
because they aren't any good.  Why would they trade Hachimura for a bunch of 2nd rounders and Nunn if they weren't rebuilding?  You don't get an older crappier player for some 2nd round picks unless you are rebuilding.

So if a team trades a bench player, that signals a rebuild? I mean, if they traded Beal I would agree. But until then…
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2023, 11:36:30 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Rui made great sense as backup wing for us. Would Wiz have accepted Payton and some 2nd round picks from us instead? Would we have done that deal? I would have.

Maybe, but I’m not surprised that they’d rather deal him to a western conference team than one in the East. Especially the team with the best record in the league.

I think Hachimura is going to be good for LA.  Not sure why people are acting like he’s Sam Hauser. I’d actually rather have Rui than Grant. He’s bigger, a better athlete, more talented and still has upside.

Sure, an 8th man that’s bigger, a better athlete, more talented and still has upside.
which has absolutely nothing to do with my post i.e. rebuilding teams don't care if they trade an 8th man to a conference foe.  They just care about getting the best value return on the player.

Who said they are rebuilding? If they are rebuilding why are Beal, Porzingis, and Kuzma on the team.
because they aren't any good.  Why would they trade Hachimura for a bunch of 2nd rounders and Nunn if they weren't rebuilding?  You don't get an older crappier player for some 2nd round picks unless you are rebuilding.

So if a team trades a bench player, that signals a rebuild? I mean, if they traded Beal I would agree. But until then…

It’s semantics, a bit.  The Wizards are going nowhere and sold a guy they were unlikely to resign.  It’s happens every deadline in every sport. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2023, 11:43:32 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

nice job not answering the question. 

And to answer yours, depends on the team and their status.  The Wizards seem to be clearly tanking at this point but even if they aren't why would they care about trading with the Celtics?  That was after all the original point I was making i.e. the Wizards were going to trade Rui to whatever team gave them the best value.  Made no difference what conference the team was in.  The Wizards are not a title contender, and for that reason they don't care if they trade with a title contender.  All about the value.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2023, 11:57:19 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

And to answer yours, depends on the team and their status.  The Wizards seem to be clearly tanking at this point but even if they aren't why would they care about trading with the Celtics?  That was after all the original point I was making i.e. the Wizards were going to trade Rui to whatever team gave them the best value.  Made no difference what conference the team was in.  The Wizards are not a title contender, and for that reason they don't care if they trade with a title contender.  All about the value.

They traded Rui because they don’t plan on re-signing him. He wasn’t happy in DC and when asked if he’d requested a trade his response was “No Comment”.  That doesn’t signal a rebuild, IMO. If the Wizards start trading Beal, Porzingis, or Kuzma I would think differently. There was actually a report from earlier today stating that team was Not looking to move Kuzma.

The Wizards have told inquiring teams, such as the Hawks and Suns, that Kuzma is not available for trade, sources said, despite his objective to decline next season’s player option and test the open market. – via Jake Fischer @ Yahoo! Sports
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2023, 12:11:31 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

They traded Rui because they don’t plan on re-signing him. He wasn’t happy in DC and when asked if he’d requested a trade his response was “No Comment”.  That doesn’t signal a rebuild, IMO. If the Wizards start trading Beal, Porzingis, or Kuzma I would think differently. There was actually a report from earlier today stating that team was Not looking to move Kuzma.

The Wizards have told inquiring teams, such as the Hawks and Suns, that Kuzma is not available for trade, sources said, despite his objective to decline next season’s player option and test the open market. – via Jake Fischer @ Yahoo! Sports

I read that they valued Kuzma higher and weren't going to sign both, so that is why the traded Rui.  I agree with you that he has more size and upside than Grant, but Grant seems to fit well in his role here, we are in first place, and doubt Rui would get Grant's minutes, at least not this year. 

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2023, 01:49:18 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394

Everyone probably agrees they should rebuild. But trading a guy that is not resigning with your team for some assets isn’t really indicative of anything. If it means anything they are pretty into resigning kuzma.

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2023, 10:35:20 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Turned out to be a good trade for the Lakers. Postseason he’s giving them 18pts/5rebs with shooting splits of 58/62/83. Would rather have Rui off the bench instead of Grant.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 11:15:21 PM by Goldstar88 »