Author Topic: Which center should we sign?  (Read 40462 times)

Re: Which center should we sign?
« Reply #405 on: July 26, 2022, 06:58:12 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
Scoop B on Spotify Live: “I reached out to Dwight (Howard) directly and I’ll tell you that there is mutual interest between him and the Brooklyn Nets.”

I would like him. I also think that is the kind of signing that indicates they actually believe kd will still be there. That is very much a contending team signing

« Reply #406 on: July 26, 2022, 07:30:00 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Blake Griffin is a name I hadn’t thought of and one of the favorite low cost options I’ve considered. He’s a bit switchable, good passer, and can shoot a little. If healthy he could be a great option as a 10th man. I wish that guy could have a bit more size, but I much rather him in the lockerroom than Whiteside or Howard.

The only other guy from that article I’m interested in is Reid, but I think the Wolves want him as their third big man.

Interesting about Blake Griffin. I had sort of forgotten about him. A former #1 pick (whos game has admittedly dropped off), on a team with a legit chance at a championship... count me in.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #407 on: July 26, 2022, 08:30:07 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468
I'm curious why the cs don't bring some guys in on non guaranteed deals like Giles.  They could get a few bags in and let them battle it out over camp and keep the best one.

« Reply #408 on: July 26, 2022, 08:45:09 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
I'm curious why the cs don't bring some guys in on non guaranteed deals like Giles.  They could get a few bags in and let them battle it out over camp and keep the best one.

I don’t know why you think the C’s are going to enter training camp with only 12 players when they’re required to have 14 by opening day.  They’ll sign someone at some point, but they’re clearly working on some trades still.

« Reply #409 on: July 27, 2022, 03:59:05 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Brian Windhorst: Aron Baynes will resume his basketball career in a new deal with the Brisbane Bullets of the NBL, @Daniel Moldovan tells ESPN. Contract has an NBA out so he can return to league, which has been his goal after grueling recovery from the freak fall at Olympics a year ago this week. – via Twitter WindhorstESPN

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #410 on: July 27, 2022, 04:00:17 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
Brian Windhorst: Aron Baynes will resume his basketball career in a new deal with the Brisbane Bullets of the NBL, @Daniel Moldovan tells ESPN. Contract has an NBA out so he can return to league, which has been his goal after grueling recovery from the freak fall at Olympics a year ago this week. – via Twitter WindhorstESPN

Good luck to him.  I hope he makes it back to the NBA, but I unfortunately doubt he will.

« Reply #411 on: July 27, 2022, 07:01:17 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Good luck to him.  I hope he makes it back to the NBA, but I unfortunately doubt he will.
Yeah, I doubt he makes it back to the NBA. But he'll be adored in Brisbane
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)