Author Topic: NFL Off-season 2022  (Read 68973 times)

Re: NFL Off-season 2022
« Reply #585 on: August 18, 2022, 12:15:29 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Should been a year and 10 million dollar fine…
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #586 on: August 18, 2022, 12:18:40 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I would have made it indefinite, but no less than one year, a large fine, and completion of a certified sex offender program.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #587 on: August 18, 2022, 04:14:52 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I would have made it indefinite, but no less than one year, a large fine, and completion of a certified sex offender program.
And perhaps he should have been made to tell any people he hires for massages that he sexually assaulted or harassed 24 masseuses, allowing them that info up front before those people decide to give him any service.

« Reply #588 on: August 18, 2022, 06:17:35 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Yeah, I will admit it is at least pathetic than the 6 games so I am a little bit less outraged. Happy I don’t have to hear the insanely stupid non forceful sexual assault phrase from anyone for a while.

« Reply #589 on: August 18, 2022, 10:01:29 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

He does have to go through some sort of treatment program and get sign off before he can be reinstated.  It isn't a sex offender program, but it is something from an independent medical professional.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #590 on: August 18, 2022, 10:32:03 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
First game back against the Texans?

Of course Goodell wanted television ratings. Might as well make Browns vs Texans a Sunday Night Football game while they're at it

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #591 on: August 19, 2022, 09:37:09 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
cleveland.com laid out all of the particulars of the suspension pretty well including timelines for when he can participate and for what

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/08/rules-for-deshaun-watsons-11-game-suspension-when-he-must-leave-when-he-can-return-and-everything-in-between.html

« Reply #592 on: August 19, 2022, 12:21:42 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
First game back against the Texans?

Of course Goodell wanted television ratings. Might as well make Browns vs Texans a Sunday Night Football game while they're at it

I hope he doesn't play his first game until the following week. An 11 game suspension seems odd, until you realize the NFL wants their greedy hands all over that Texans match up. Cleveland maybe better off with avoiding the distraction by sitting Watson out of that game.

« Reply #593 on: August 19, 2022, 02:54:44 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
cleveland.com laid out all of the particulars of the suspension pretty well including timelines for when he can participate and for what

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/08/rules-for-deshaun-watsons-11-game-suspension-when-he-must-leave-when-he-can-return-and-everything-in-between.html

3 months is a long time for Watson to go without sexually assaulting someone. Can he do it?

« Reply #594 on: August 20, 2022, 11:48:14 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #595 on: August 21, 2022, 12:47:05 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
UFC president Dana White said he helped broker a deal for quarterback Tom Brady to play for the Las Vegas Raiders when Brady was a free agent quarterback in 2020, but then-Raiders coach Jon Gruden nullified the deal at the last minute.White was convinced to tell the story by Rob Gronkowski during the UFC with the Gronks broadcast on ESPN and ESPN+ for UFC 278 on Saturday night.

"I worked to put that deal together for Brady and Gronk to come to the Raiders," White said. "It was almost a done deal. And at the last minute, Gruden blew the deal up and said that he didn't want him and all hell broke loose, man. It was crazy.

"And Brady was already looking at houses. It wasn't said yet that Gronk was going to be coming. So Las Vegas would have had Brady and Gronk the year that the Bucs won the Super Bowl except Gruden blew the deal up."

Interesting…
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #596 on: August 21, 2022, 01:01:53 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
UFC president Dana White said he helped broker a deal for quarterback Tom Brady to play for the Las Vegas Raiders when Brady was a free agent quarterback in 2020, but then-Raiders coach Jon Gruden nullified the deal at the last minute.White was convinced to tell the story by Rob Gronkowski during the UFC with the Gronks broadcast on ESPN and ESPN+ for UFC 278 on Saturday night.

"I worked to put that deal together for Brady and Gronk to come to the Raiders," White said. "It was almost a done deal. And at the last minute, Gruden blew the deal up and said that he didn't want him and all hell broke loose, man. It was crazy.

"And Brady was already looking at houses. It wasn't said yet that Gronk was going to be coming. So Las Vegas would have had Brady and Gronk the year that the Bucs won the Super Bowl except Gruden blew the deal up."

Interesting…

Very interesting.  Bucs had a much better team in place, I think.

« Reply #597 on: August 21, 2022, 02:45:28 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Interesting…

Raiders gonna Raiders, live to regret this thanks to Gruden lol

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #598 on: August 22, 2022, 08:54:51 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Ravens have continued their preseason win streak and Huntley continues to look like a legit starting level QB.  Another masterful game from him.  Amazing the Ravens can have 2 high quality QB's when so many teams struggle to find 1 (Huntley would likely start for both the Steelers and Browns to start the year, as an example). 

« Reply #599 on: August 23, 2022, 08:40:58 AM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59

Interesting…

Dana White is insufferable. Oh, you worked to put that deal together Dana? Why not focus on the big issues in your sport, like retaining your best athletes.

I think White is a blowhard and was not some type of architect for a Brady in Vegas deal.