Author Topic: Celtics (7-6) at Hawks (9-6) Game #14 11/24/15  (Read 32399 times)

Re: Celtics (7-6) at Hawks (9-6) Game #14 11/24/15
« Reply #270 on: November 24, 2015, 11:13:09 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
EVERY PLAYER SUCKED TONIGHT (last game too)! WE LOST! Now, let's move on.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #271 on: November 24, 2015, 11:18:59 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
Not good things coming out of C's locker room right now.

Brad as mad as he's ever been and not happy with our D:

https://twitter.com/ESPNForsberg/status/669366899008888832?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/SherrodbCSN/status/669366393285005312?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Bradley saying everyone has to play hard for them to win:

https://twitter.com/celtics/status/669366081824423937?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Crowder saying team has lacked energy and focus in practices/walkthroughs lately:

https://twitter.com/celtics/status/669363848118423552?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Brad saying we had this coming and we'll reconnect or shuffle up lineup:

https://twitter.com/SherrodbCSN/status/669363154237935620?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/celtics/status/669362132677476352?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

I wonder what's going on. People certainly aren't happy, and it seems like someone isn't putting out energy. It'll be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.

« Reply #272 on: November 24, 2015, 11:27:34 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Bright side:

AB was great

Hunter looked like he belonged and then some

Young got a steal and a 3. He did get lost on D but overall I think tonight was good for him. I still am holding out hope that he can be a nice player.

When your second year (former 1st round pick) player comes in the game during your team's 14th regular season game and gets his first steal and three of the season...and it's considered praiseworthy...that's when you know you have stuck gold.

hahah

That's when you know you have truck gold haha

« Reply #273 on: November 24, 2015, 11:44:13 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Crowder saying team has lacked energy and focus in practices/walkthroughs lately:

I wonder what's going on. People certainly aren't happy, and it seems like someone isn't putting out energy. It'll be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.

It's unlikely that we learn anything tomorrow. If we win, it's what every team should do. If we lose, we're in serious trouble.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #274 on: November 24, 2015, 11:47:06 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Sounds like that loss to the Nets was very discouraging for this team.  I have a feeling they were flying a bit too high after blowing the Nets out last Friday.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #275 on: November 24, 2015, 11:47:50 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
I think IT needs to go back to the bench. It's as simple as that. He might be scoring 21 a game, but he's doing it with a really high usage and shooting 42% and 31%. While Smart is out, just start Turner with Bradley. When Smart comes back, start Turner in place of Jae if Smart still doesn't look ready to run the offense. IT is just too much of a defensive liability and too turnover-prone to be in that first unit.

42% and 31% is actually an improvement over earlier in the year, though.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #276 on: November 24, 2015, 11:47:59 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Good find. TP. Plenty of guys looked lax tonight, imagine it's more than one being alluded to in those comments from Brad, Jae, AB. Not sure Jae should be talking, though...

Sully sucked tonight. He was also benched right after they caused those 3 TOs... and a few plays prior he kept the ball alive with some effort on the O boards. He may be a culprit, though.

I wonder what number Harry Barnes will wear in Boston? Tangential, happy thought.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #277 on: November 24, 2015, 11:48:30 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
A well coached team full of average players.

Yep, file under "It is what it is."
- Mark Twain

« Reply #278 on: November 24, 2015, 11:50:33 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

Pho, is it at all possible that by Smart guarding 1-2 (some 3s) at an elite level, we are able to mask IT's deficiencies and play to AB's strengths (on ball, PGs)? Or is it more that we just suck, and a complete coincidence we can't respectively defend even BKN without Smart in the line up?

The team has definitely missed Smart the last two games.  More than I expected.  Some of the struggles the last two games have to be attributed to that.

Still, over the weekend I heard talk about the Celts challenging for the second seed in the Eastern Conference, labeling them a lock for the playoffs.

Pump the brakes.  The team will have highs this year, but they'll also have lows.  There is still considerable DNA left from when this team was going on 10 game losing streaks.  Not THAT much has changed.

They will have to fight hard to make the playoffs in a deeper Eastern Conference.  It won't come easy.

Pray for Ben Simmons.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #279 on: November 25, 2015, 12:02:11 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

Pho, is it at all possible that by Smart guarding 1-2 (some 3s) at an elite level, we are able to mask IT's deficiencies and play to AB's strengths (on ball, PGs)? Or is it more that we just suck, and a complete coincidence we can't respectively defend even BKN without Smart in the line up?

The team has definitely missed Smart the last two games.  More than I expected.  Some of the struggles the last two games have to be attributed to that.

Still, over the weekend I heard talk about the Celts challenging for the second seed in the Eastern Conference, labeling them a lock for the playoffs.

Pump the brakes.  The team will have highs this year, but they'll also have lows.  There is still considerable DNA left from when this team was going on 10 game losing streaks.  Not THAT much has changed.

They will have to fight hard to make the playoffs in a deeper Eastern Conference.  It won't come easy.

Pray for Ben Simmons.

I'm not one to have discussed #2 seed, 50 wins, etc. I expected #7-8, still do with a healthy Smart. Without Smart, line-up is a mess and we probably don't make playoffs. Not overvaluing him here, either -- I've been alluding to it being a good time to consider trading Smart, in fact, if it meant a significant upgrade at the 3 or 5. He makes a large impact defensively, but it has more to do with shifts in the line-up than anything.

Anyway, it just comes off as trolling a fanbase when you enter a game thread, after a horrible loss followed up by a horrible performance (still in play). I don't see the purpose.

Simmons won't be coming here, unfortunately. Not unless a higher power is involved. But I do hope we overpay for Barnes in the offseason and work to consolidate the roster for a disgruntled star. All options may be equally unlikely, but Barnes seems the most likely. He doesn't need to be the second coming, but he is a beautiful fit as a significant upgrade at 3 + stretch 4, and may be the most likely FA candidate (again, if we're willing to overpay).

« Reply #280 on: November 25, 2015, 12:29:45 AM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
If all the schlock of the last couple games is simply because of Smart's absence, it's time for the other players on the team to put on their big-boy pants and get to work.

But I don't think all of this has to do with Smart being out. Some of it, sure, on the defensive end, but they still have guys such as Crowder and Bradley and Amir who can do damage on D. On offense, Smart has hardly contributed this season (10 ppg, 3 apg, 33/24/68%), so his absence there doesn't hurt much.

Guys need to start making shots. I'm tired of hearing the Doc Rivers-inspired "it's a make-or-miss league" line. That logic applies if your team has an off shooting night once every half dozen games, but the Cs are shooting only 43.8% for the season, 31.3% on threes. That's a lot more than the occasional off night.

And what the heck happened in the fourth quarter tonight? I checked the score with 9 minutes left and it was 88-77 Hawks, and the Cs end up surrendering 121 points and losing by 24?
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #281 on: November 25, 2015, 12:39:38 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
If all the schlock of the last couple games is simply because of Smart's absence, it's time for the other players on the team to put on their big-boy pants and get to work.

But I don't think all of this has to do with Smart being out. Some of it, sure, on the defensive end, but they still have guys such as Crowder and Bradley and Amir who can do damage on D. On offense, Smart has hardly contributed this season (10 ppg, 3 apg, 33/24/68%), so his absence there doesn't hurt much.

Guys need to start making shots. I'm tired of hearing the Doc Rivers-inspired "it's a make-or-miss league" line. That logic applies if your team has an off shooting night once every half dozen games, but the Cs are shooting only 43.8% for the season, 31.3% on threes. That's a lot more than the occasional off night.

And what the heck happened in the fourth quarter tonight? I checked the score with 9 minutes left and it was 88-77 Hawks, and the Cs end up surrendering 121 points and losing by 24?

We were winning because of defense, and Marcus was clearly an integral part of that defense.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #282 on: November 25, 2015, 12:42:29 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

We were winning because of defense, and Marcus was clearly an integral part of that defense.

He's an integral part because he sets a tone (we were marveling at his defense on Korver last game) and allows us to play to our strengths (Avery on Teague, not IT.. and Smart would've been on Korver, leaving Thabo to do w/e ugly things offensively he could cook up vs. IT, which we could've lived with). That's a major difference.

Also evidence of internal issues that jpotter provided. Our depth may be frustrating every one at this point. Doubt DA jumps the gun if he has a target or two in mind, which unfortunately, means a lot of this falls on CBS to rectify. Maybe that's why he lost his cool. Can't even imagine what that looks like...

« Reply #283 on: November 25, 2015, 12:46:05 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933

He's an integral part because he sets a tone (we were marveling at his defense on Korver last game) and allows us to play to our strengths (Avery on Teague, not IT.. and Smart would've been on Korver, leaving Thabo to do w/e ugly things offensively he could cook up vs. IT, which we could've lived with). That's a major difference.

Also evidence of internal issues that jpotter provided. Our depth may be frustrating every one at this point. Doubt DA jumps the gun if he has a target or two in mind, which unfortunately, means a lot of this falls on CBS to rectify. Maybe that's why he lost his cool. Can't even imagine what that looks like...

Check out the video I just posted of Brad's interview after the game. He was definitely fired up and upset with the team.

« Reply #284 on: November 25, 2015, 12:49:56 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson

Thanks for expanding on that for me, TP.

DKC Clippers