Author Topic: Three way with Minnie, Boston and Brooklyn  (Read 5818 times)

Re: Three way with Minnie, Boston and Brooklyn
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2018, 02:01:59 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Why would Kyrie want to leave Boston to go to Brooklyn of all places?
geez louise, g666. i hope your new avatar is not a selfie.  :(
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2018, 07:12:19 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2018, 07:26:21 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
My list of what I am thankful for today has just grown:

I am thankful that Diggles is NOT our GM.

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2018, 08:52:49 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Say Kyrie and Butler  are open and more than willing to stay in Brooklyn and Boston strikes first.....

We send Kyrie to Brookly for Russel and Allen instead of letting Kyrie walk for nothing.... 

Then Minnesota loses all leverage and has to filed offers from other teams knowing Butler might leave in FA....So they turn to Brookly in an attempt to get something besides expiring picks.... 

Butler for K Faired, D Carrol and a Pick for himmm...   

I think as long as Kyrie and Butler stay long term, everyone wins.   There has to be some filler, but I like Allen and Russel/Terry/Smart can run the PG duties....   

Question ~  Who wins this trade?  Who loses?
Do you want to give an Allstar away the year you are going for the championship?
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2018, 09:18:35 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Say Kyrie and Butler  are open and more than willing to stay in Brooklyn and Boston strikes first.....

We send Kyrie to Brookly for Russel and Allen instead of letting Kyrie walk for nothing.... 

Then Minnesota loses all leverage and has to filed offers from other teams knowing Butler might leave in FA....So they turn to Brookly in an attempt to get something besides expiring picks.... 

Butler for K Faired, D Carrol and a Pick for himmm...   

I think as long as Kyrie and Butler stay long term, everyone wins.   There has to be some filler, but I like Allen and Russel/Terry/Smart can run the PG duties....   

Question ~  Who wins this trade?  Who loses?
Do you want to give an Allstar away the year you are going for the championship?
I think that is a poor value return, but if Irving doesn't want to be in Boston, I'd much rather trade him this season and get something for him then let him leave, especially since I think Irving's value to actual wins and losses has been greatly overstated on this board once he got here.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2018, 09:45:35 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
There's only a limited # of places a superstar like Kyrie would go. Dumpster fires like Nets and Knicks ain't happening. He's almost certainly staying in Boston.

Having said that, the trade you propose is awful. Why would we give away a year of Kyrie for a couple of jags? You can pick up players of their caliber on any given year for the MLE.

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2018, 11:14:53 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I don't agree with us trading Kyrie for peanuts like Russell, but Kyrie is a generational talent? How loose has the definition of such a phrase become.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2018, 11:20:31 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Kyrie will resign

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2018, 11:38:27 AM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
My list of what I am thankful for today has just grown:

I am thankful that Diggles is NOT our GM.

LOL....Thankful...you are funny.....     Lets make this crystal clear...  I want him to be a Celtic for a long time.....  But if my man does not want to stay in Boston and he would like to play in Brooklyn, then I would try and swing a deal to make him happy and make sure we get something in return for him.....

Sounds like you'd let him walk for nothing....   SO I guess we both would not hire each other to run our franchise....  I'll stick to selling tools in the mean time.  www.toolsforthetrades.com    Let me know if you ever need something.  I'll give you 50% off for being funny..     (: 
Diggles

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2018, 11:42:48 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
keep him in green this season whether he wants to resign or not.  best shot at the title is with him on the roster.  we wouldn't get nearly enough value in return (i.e. another all-star PG) to make it worth a trade nor would it help the locker room/cohesiveness of the team this year. 

putting Kyrie, Brown, Hayward, Tatum and Horford all on the floor vs GSW means GSW cannot help off anyone on D and the C's should match up well defending GSW (better than most others)

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2018, 11:46:03 AM »

Offline FatKidsDad

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
A little askew of the topic, and my apologies up front.

Whenever I start to read the thread title" Three way with Minnie..." my brain finishes the sentence with "..., Mickey and Goofy." Then it starts to draw disturbing pictures.

I know.

Just sayin'
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

"Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity,they think of you." -   H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2018, 11:48:05 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I guess the recent news that Kyrie says he hasn't talked to Butler in 2 years and wants to stay in Boston for years to come renders this trade idea and whole thread obsolete.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 12:02:09 PM by nickagneta »

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2018, 11:59:40 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

http://fatherted.wikia.com/wiki/Jack_Hackett

My previous FB profile pic, it caused too much cringe comedy for my own good.

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2018, 01:34:13 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
There's only a limited # of places a superstar like Kyrie would go. Dumpster fires like Nets and Knicks ain't happening. He's almost certainly staying in Boston.

Having said that, the trade you propose is awful. Why would we give away a year of Kyrie for a couple of jags? You can pick up players of their caliber on any given year for the MLE.

I hope soooo...... Media day was today and that starting 5 looks fun!     
Diggles

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2018, 01:52:56 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
This makes me feel better about rolling with him this year.....   And I guess I agree more with the idea of risking a chance at letting him walk for nothing if it means a chance at winning this year....   

“I don’t want to go with a war of twisted words and, ‘he could have said this, he could have said that.’ Honestly, I’ll leave that to the media, but my job is to really cement myself as the leader of the Boston Celtics, along with all of our other great players and really relish in that opportunity,” Irving said. “Obviously it’s everybody else’s job to look forward to my future before I can, so I just really thought it was important to make sure it’s known that this franchise is really built for the next few years of being at the top-tier of teams in the league.”

“Who wouldn’t want to be a part of that?,” he continued. “What more could you ask for from an organization to really elevate your game? When you want to be on the same lineage of greatness as the guys that have come before you, there are times where I have thought about having #11 in the rafters, hopefully, one day. That’s a dream. It wasn’t so much like that coming out but it’s the truth. I feel that way about my teammates, I feel that way about the organization and I’m looking forward to the challenge this year.”
Diggles