Author Topic: Duke Vs UNC @ 7PM ESPN  (Read 6135 times)

Re: Duke Vs UNC @ 7PM ESPN
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2012, 08:29:09 PM »

Offline jacksmedulaoblongata

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
Barnes is a much better and more complete player than Austin Rivers.

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2012, 08:42:19 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

One is a freshman the other is sophomore. Barnes is slow and can't shoot. I think Austin is better NBA prospect. The rule changes in the NBA favors quick, fast, and explosive perimeter players. Austin Rivers has potential to be a star in the NBA.

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2012, 09:06:55 PM »

Offline Tough Juice

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Harrison Barnes is potential NBA star too and at this very moment he is more complete player of the two. Maybe Rivers will surpass him in the future, but right now Barnes is the better player NCAA or NBA, he's just better

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2012, 10:12:56 PM »

Offline Rondoholic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21

One is a freshman the other is sophomore. Barnes is slow and can't shoot. I think Austin is better NBA prospect. The rule changes in the NBA favors quick, fast, and explosive perimeter players. Austin Rivers has potential to be a star in the NBA.

Go back and look at last year. Barnes absolutely carried UNC, who had a disappointing start to say the least before Larry Drew quit the team and Kendall Marshall was promoted to point guard, on his back all the way to the Elite 8. Barnes is a stud. And I would rather have 4 of the Tar Heels (Barnes, Marshall, Zeller, and Henson) than Austin Rivers.

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2012, 12:58:29 AM »

Offline hangupandlisten

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Barnes can't shoot?  He's a smidge below 46% from the field and 40% from 3.  How many guys his size (6'8"/6'9") shoot at that high a clip in the NBA?  Plus he's shown he can create space and shoot off the dribble.  I think Rivers is a great prospect, but not on Barnes' level.  No way.

Duke Vs UNC @ 7PM ESPN
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2012, 03:26:30 AM »

Offline greenlion

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 15
austin is a freshman, i suggest he "ripen" up first at duke..besides having a multimillionaire dad, he should be in no rush to jump into the nba..by austin's junior year, barnes won't be half the guy austin will be..under coach k's tutelage, he can only improve and exceed expectations..
"talent is not enough - I always admired the ones with heart..."