Author Topic: KG is the real mvp  (Read 2740 times)

KG is the real mvp
« on: March 01, 2009, 04:29:25 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
the last couple of weeks are the evidence, he is the best defensive player in the league and biggest game changer, well either him or lebron.

Re: KG is the real mvp
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 04:39:29 PM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • The REAL Pau Gasol
PP is the real leader of this team, KG just supports, but we are missing his length down low very badly right now.
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 04:48:20 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
Please don't let this lead to any in-fighting about PP vs. KG.  Those two don't seem to care which gets credit or is the "leader", so why should we?  Bottom line - the team misses KG, just as they would miss Pierce.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 04:50:57 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
PP is the real leader of this team, KG just supports, but we are missing his length down low very badly right now.

In no way do I agree with this. Paul is captain out of respect but KG leads this team in the locker room and on the floor.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 04:51:06 PM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • The REAL Pau Gasol
Please don't let this lead to any in-fighting about PP vs. KG.  Those two don't seem to care which gets credit or is the "leader", so why should we?  Bottom line - the team misses KG, just as they would miss Pierce.
True statement, we need to get back on track and soon. We haven't had a blow out win in a while.
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 04:58:11 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
KG is the MVP and leader on defense. 

Pierce is the MVP and Leader on offense.

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 05:01:11 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
KG is the energy...and this team has been lacking it the past 3 games

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 05:03:52 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Well, its not like the celtics didnt have games like this this season with KG...but right now is just a vunerable time without him for sure...No KG in that locker room, and trying to work in Marbury and Moore, who havent gotten much practice time..We dont have alot of time to work in these guys, and right now we're doing it without the emotional leader...the whole team is out of sorts, and we cant afford a bad shooting night from ray or a poor game from rondo if we want to win,Pauls having to play 45+ minutes with a sore thumb.. everyone had to play good basketball, and thats not happening right now...heck we should be thankful the suns and nuggets games went as well as they did

But having no KG, and no scal to fill in for him is just awful...Scal was the perfect utility guy..

« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 05:25:15 PM by TatteredOnMySleeve »
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2009, 05:04:04 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Scali is the red headed bench MVP.

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 05:04:26 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"

Well deserved TP.