Author Topic: Hoopshype idea: Millsap and Burks for Rondo  (Read 3712 times)

Hoopshype idea: Millsap and Burks for Rondo
« on: February 20, 2013, 04:29:01 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
I really like this idea.  They think this will free up the young bigs on the Jazz plus give them a dynamic point guard that they have lacked since trading DWill.

For Boston, Millsao next to Garnett and Pierce would be a really good front line and Alec Burks could be a really good SG.  He is 6'6" and a really good scorer. 

Top 8 guys:

Bradley
Lee
Burks
Pierce
Green
Millsap
Garnett
Sullinger

plus Melo and Terry to round out the 2-deep.  Bass would become expendable.  Maybe package Bass and Terry for a point guard?

Re: Hoopshype idea: Millsap and Burks for Rondo
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 04:34:35 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
ewwwww

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 04:35:34 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
This was clearly thought of by a Jazz fan. The only way they get Rondo is if we get Favors back.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 04:36:34 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Rondo for Big Al makes more sense.  I'm not that big on Millsap

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 04:38:26 PM »

Offline lantinm

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 38
I don't think Danny is dealing Rondo unless he gets a star back.  I think it was Broussard (even though he's hardly reliable) who said that he'd only deal Rondo for Dwight, CP3, or a Melo-like return that Denver received.  Danny has gone on record stating that Rondo was the best player in three different playoff series, two of which included Lebron and Rose.  He will only deal Rondo in a blockbuster, imho.

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 04:39:18 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Rondo for Big Al makes more sense.  I'm not that big on Millsap
I'm not big on either of the don't know what the big fuss is about Millsap
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 04:43:46 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

The main thing about Millsap is that he is at least as good and probably better than Jefferson, but on a smaller contract.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 04:43:58 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 04:45:11 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

The main thing about Millsap is that he is at least as good and probably better than Jefferson, but on a smaller contract.
For Rondo though?!? no way
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 04:51:09 PM »

Offline wahz

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 101
I imagine the big fuss is he can rebound and has proven it for years.

he has had years where he has averaged nearly 3 offensive rebounds a game. Still, I don't like him so much that I think it would be ok to trade Rajon for him

Speaking of rebounders, why is it that guys who are great rebounders in college are often ignored or at least depreciated in the draft? Off the top of my head guys who were underrated have been guys like Milsap, Faried, X McDaniel, R. Parish, or even guys like Baby and Powe? But the NBA looks at guys like Adam Morrison, who was a poor rebounder in college and seems to not make the connection

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 04:52:32 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 04:52:36 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley

For Rondo though?!? no way

Well, no, but if you were forced to trade for one or the other, I think Millsap is the obvious choice.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 04:58:37 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
Speaking of rebounders, why is it that guys who are great rebounders in college are often ignored or at least depreciated in the draft? Off the top of my head guys who were underrated have been guys like Milsap, Faried, X McDaniel, R. Parish, or even guys like Baby and Powe? But the NBA looks at guys like Adam Morrison, who was a poor rebounder in college and seems to not make the connection

Adam Morrison is a SF and was seen as appropriately-sized for a SF.  Millsap and Faried were seen as under-sized PFs.  Some people get extremely fixated on players having the right height that they ignore actual playing ability.  See, for example, the people on this board who seem to doubt Avery Bradley solely because he lacks ideal height.

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2013, 04:59:57 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Not thinking this through at the moment, but a trade that gives us a good caliber big for Rondo should be of serious consideration this season in my opinion.

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2013, 05:11:09 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Adam Morrison is a SF and was seen as appropriately-sized for a SF.  Millsap and Faried were seen as under-sized PFs.  Some people get extremely fixated on players having the right height that they ignore actual playing ability.  See, for example, the people on this board who seem to doubt Avery Bradley solely because he lacks ideal height.
Millisap is undersized for a big.  Bradley is undersized for a SG.  I'd avoid trading for either of them.