Author Topic: Don't get blocked  (Read 2085 times)

Don't get blocked
« on: March 26, 2020, 10:51:08 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Known as a tremendous finisher maybe the best in country .Langford has taken it to the hoop using his length in a variety of graceful extensions and finger rolls, Only to get blocked or swatted into the second rows..This is a rookie that missed summer league and preseason now learning on the job..
The league is full of quick twitch jumpers and bigs with crazy wingspans.
Romeos 6-11 wingspan has its limitations.
Romeo is going to have to recalibrate his attacks in the paint. At the moment he is serving them up on a platter.
There was a baseline move from what you thought was impossible angle, that he put in quickly with his left hand off the board after a right hand dribble That was creative and unexpected using his wingspan from underneath the backboard .That was not a rookie move.
Against Brooklyn he put a flip extension timed perfectly over Deandre Jordon outstretched reach. That was no rookie move.
There have been some nice blocks and weakside rebound put back dunks and a standstill dunk off two feet after an inside pass while sandwiched between two players .
A dunk of a Marcus Smart lob.
 His blocks timed perfectly well above the rim bode well for the future.

Re: Don't get blocked
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 02:38:16 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
Being in self isolation and watching highlights of 2019-2020 that was exhilarating it is more special watching them grow each season Jason Tatum is so special and Jaylen is in his slipstream. Jaylen has the  quick power and Jason has every move in the book with that that long first step and length .
Semi is such a hard worker and has improved his 3pt percentage ,Grant another strong smart defender'
and hard worker .I only wish these two had wingspans. Carson checks in at 6-6 and had elite lane agility and Romeo checks at 6-11,
I hope we pick up a long, athletic, high motor power forward in the coming draft .No more tweeners please.

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 12:31:45 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
Nobody blocks Javonte Green a rookie . Yet everybody is writing him off next season. How much could Javonte possibly improve with a year under his belt and coaching over the summer?
Is he just a jet in transition and a slasher ?

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 10:32:16 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
There is a great selection over on Celtics Reddit put together for us confined fans .Edited from 69 games  each day he does a topic and gives highlights for 2019-20.
Some of topics below---- Have fun I did!!

Jason Tatum step back
Grant Williams defence
Rookies
Transition
Ball movement
.Jaylen's handles
Tatums defence
Haywards mid range

Great way to spend time while appreciating what we have---Be careful and God Bless

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2020, 08:05:10 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
Went back and watched Grant Williams collegiate top plays and highlights in March Madness.
There was one that floored me .A spin move starting at foul line  to a sort falling away left handed extension over contact and off the backboard.
I had to re watch that and then read further to find that he is that good with either hand and is righty.
Only a few times this season you saw glimpses of his offensive ability maybe a mismatch post up or a jumper.
Like a smart rookie he didn't experiment much on offensive side but it sure showed in his collegiate highlights.
I had a tectonic shift of appreciation for his skill level .