Author Topic: I’m Moving On. AD Doesn’t Want BOS & Trading Tatum For A Rental Would Be Idiotic  (Read 28381 times)

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
If NO is smart, they will take the Lakers offer.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

I wouldn't mind. NOP should demand 2 more picks (or 1 pick + Hart) in addition to all that and take it.

LAL would be left with Lebron, AD... Chandler...??...??... what bench!?!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

I wouldn't mind. NOP should demand 2 more picks (or 1 pick + Hart) in addition to all that and take it.

I was trying to figure out that as well. I guess they would try to pick up guys after the all star break.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

I was trying to figure out that as well. I guess they would try to pick up guys after the all star break.

Basically add guys from their G-League team?

Either way though if LBJ or AD got injured, YIKES. That team wouldn't even field a starting lineup probably LOL.

Re: I’m Moving On. AD Doesn’t Want BOS & Trading Tatum For A
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2019, 07:52:36 PM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
Anthony davis comments on boston in 2017.. HE DOES NOT WANT TO COME HERE. PLEASE DONT TRADE TATUM FOR THIS GUY!!!!

https://celticswire.usatoday.com/2017/12/19/anthony-davis-boston-celtics-trade-pursuit-isaiah-thomas-new-orleans-pelicans/

"But in an interview with ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, Davis discussed the Celtics’ pursuit for his services last season and how his feelings about his place in New Orleans have evolved since the Isaiah Thomas trade.

“He told me that [Boston] was calling, but nothing was going to happen,” Davis said of Pelicans GM Dell Demps. “At the same time, though, you see how organizations treat players. Isaiah Thomas. DeMarcus [Cousins] told me that the [Kings] told him that he wasn’t going to get traded, but they traded him. Isaiah took his team to the Eastern Conference Finals, and they traded him.

“It makes you wonder: Does this organization really have my back? I’ve been loyal to this organization. I love it here. I love this team. I think we’re moving in the right direction. DeMarcus, [Rajon] Rondo, some other players that are helping us, but people get judged on winning. And I want to win.”

Yet he says this in the same article:

“You look at the Warriors, Cleveland, Boston,” Davis said. “They lose Gordon [Hayward], they’re still playing well. KD-Steph-Draymond-Klay. They play so well with each other. They move the basketball. They don’t care who scores. Steph and Draymond are out, and they still won. KD is out. They still win.”

“That’s the way the league is now: I don’t see anyone winning without three or four All-Stars,” Davis added.

whats your point? that he said Boston was playing well at the time? yes they were. that's a fact.. Should he have lied and said they weren't? that doesn't deter from the fact he thinks Celtics are disloyal.. and so does his dad.

My point is you said “HE DOES NOT WANT TO COME HERE. PLEASE DONT TRADE TATUM FOR THIS GUY!!!!” because of the section of the article you posted.  Him stating how Thomas and Cousins were treated at that time is not him saying that he would never sign here. I say this because later in that same article, in the section I quoted he goes on to admire how the Celtics play as an organization and sounds envious of how we operate.  Therefore the article does not show that we shouldnt trade for him.  Him spending a year with these guys, developing relationships and chemistry with Boston and Kyrie can go a long way, just as it did with KG.  Sometimes you have to take a risk and if there’s anyone I trust to take that risk it’s Danny.  I trust in his preparation and decision making.  He’s not going to sabotage the team and I’m sure he’s done his homework.   There’s plenty we all don’t know. 

The comments from his dad are meaningless.  AD’s list is meaningless.  He gave a short list of teams that he would sign an extension with.  Boston was not on it.  Just because Boston was not on it, that doesn’t mean he wouldn’t eventually sign here. He wants to leave New Orleans by Thursday.  The Celtics not being on the list is a posturing strategy to try to get him out now and Boston can’t get him out now.  Once Thursday passes, Boston will eventually be added to the list. 

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
Like I said; Cs has gotten further than AD has ever carried at team.

Cs don’t really need AD to win a Championship.  If Hayward is 100% back, we can win a championship as we are.

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146

I truly hope we don’t give up as much.
I don’t want to trade Tatum, Smart, Hofford or Hayward.
I am willing to part ways with Rozzier, Jaylen and picks, nothing else; especially for someone who wouldn’t sign an extension .... not sure that’s better than Lakers latest offer.

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Why?? If the they do that, they fall into the Lebron/Davis/Rich Paul trap and they get exactly what they wanted. If I am New Orleans, I tell the Lakers to kiss mine, no matter what they're offering.

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
Trading Tatum in a situation where AD truly doesn't want to be in Boston is a terrible idea, but I don't think you trade Tatum for AD under any circumstances.  Unless he's becoming a problem behind the scenes, he should be the one asset that's off the table.

I don't see how Ainge can get AD without giving up Tatum, unless Hayward plays out of his mind between now and the end of the season and Ainge can offer him instead of Tatum. But I know Ainge would love to have a big 3 of Irving/Tatum/Davis.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Trading Tatum in a situation where AD truly doesn't want to be in Boston is a terrible idea, but I don't think you trade Tatum for AD under any circumstances.  Unless he's becoming a problem behind the scenes, he should be the one asset that's off the table.

I don't see how Ainge can get AD without giving up Tatum, unless Hayward plays out of his mind between now and the end of the season and Ainge can offer him instead of Tatum. But I know Ainge would love to have a big 3 of Irving/Tatum/Davis.
Doesn't matter. Its Tatum Demps wants as a centerpiece for Davis.

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
So Danny's plan is hope the Pelicans wait until the summer, trade for AD then and re-sign Kyrie.

Maybe the Pelicans really want Jayson Tatum instead of anything the Lakers are willing to offer.

And maybe Danny isn't phased by AD's perceived lack of interest in coming to Boston and will be able to convince him to change his mind.

I am skeptical all this can happen, but if so, it would be a hell of a coup by Ainge.

This is the same Danny Ainge that kept trying ti tradw for KG despite KG having no interest in playing for us, and traded the #5 pick for Ray Allen (a hugely risky move on its own) because it might make KG more likely to want to play for us.

He'll have no problem trading for AD without a commitment

It's a good point. I wonder if Ainge tries the same thing and tries to acquire another player (say Bradley Beal for example) to make the Celtics roster more appealing for Davis like he did when he traded for Ray before getting KG.

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

I know. That's why if you're Ainge, you can't have your cake and eat it too. You have to deal talent to acquire talent.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

He won’t get it unless AD says he’s willing to stay here long term.

Offline aefgogreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 55

My hope is that if the deadline passes, AD reevaluates the situation and realizes if he goes to Boston, they have a much better chance than going to LA where Lebron is in his mid thirties.

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983

My hope is that if the deadline passes, AD reevaluates the situation and realizes if he goes to Boston, they have a much better chance than going to LA where Lebron is in his mid thirties.

Especially if the Lakers miss the playoffs(a chance). Why would AD want to go LAL if they cant even make the playoffs, what makes him think an older lebron and him could even contend.