Author Topic: I’m Moving On. AD Doesn’t Want BOS & Trading Tatum For A Rental Would Be Idiotic  (Read 28425 times)

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Seems to be Ainge is doing his part and bluffing just so NOP hold off on trading AD until this summer. But there's no way in hell he's actually offering an explosive package (w/Tatum) for AD if AD doesn't want to be here.
I think you really need to accept the fact that Tatum is gone for Davis whether Davis agrees to an extension or not. Ainge will go all in for the title and spend a year convincing Davis to stay long term. Ainge has already been talking about Tatum seriously with Demps for a while. If Ainge can find a way to give away picks, Williams, Tatum and only filler after that(no Brown, Hayward, Horford or Smart) for Davis, Danny is closing that deal and Tatum is gone.

I am guessing Ainge will even be okay with just giving Davis one year deals for a couple years until he can finally max out that 5 year max deal at 10years into the league. The uncertainty would drive Boston fans crazy but I think Ainge would have no issue with it if there are 1-3 titles at the end of it all.

Either way if Davis is here, Tatum is gone. Everything being released, much from very good sources, says Tatum will be the best asset that will be offered and Tatum is the player with future All-NBA potential that Demps most desires. Ainge also has the draft assets Demps wants as well.

Can't wait for draft night. That should be when the news gets released that Boston and New Orleans have agreed to the basics of a deal that they will finalize later in the summer.
I kind of like the fit of Brown  better with Davis/kyrie Although Tatum would of course be sweet too. Can't be picky when receiving A superstar in return

yeah I agree, I like Jaylen with that group better than Tatum.  Jaylen is the better defender, more athletic and probably more accepting of a role of 4th option on offense.   I like a starting lineup of Kyrie, Brown, Hayward, Davis, Horford a lot.  Swap in Smart in that lineup instead of Brown and it is good too.
Or better yet, let Smart start with that group and talk Brown into accepting a sixth man role where Jaylen is the #1 scoring option off the bench and the system is designed to feature Brown's strengths when he is in.

We keep both Smart and Brown and Smart shines as Kyrie's perfectly paired backcourt mate while Brown puts up 20 PPG in a SMOY type role playing north of 31 MPG.

Offline jpachuta17

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 2
I agree... giving up Tatum without a long term deal from AD would be absolutely idiotic and would set us back for years... Let's say that deal goes down and we give up Tatum and a combination of Smart/Brown/Hayward and multiple picks. AD comes and Kyrie agrees to an extension. After the season, AD sticks to his word and signs with LA as a free agent.  I am sure Kyrie would then demand a trade...  What would we be left with? Depending on the length of Kyrie's extension, we could be left with nothing. If he signs a one year extension, he could walk free as well.

If AD doesn't want to sign long term before the trade, then I say let him go (yes I know that means Kyrie will probably leave too), but at least we still have a young core of Tatum and Brown that we can develop and build around. Just my two cents.

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656
Trading Tatum in a situation where AD truly doesn't want to be in Boston is a terrible idea, but I don't think you trade Tatum for AD under any circumstances.  Unless he's becoming a problem behind the scenes, he should be the one asset that's off the table.

I don't see how Ainge can get AD without giving up Tatum, unless Hayward plays out of his mind between now and the end of the season and Ainge can offer him instead of Tatum. But I know Ainge would love to have a big 3 of Irving/Tatum/Davis.

I don't either, but I don't like the idea of losing all the young talent and losing the picks, too, especially since Hayward remains a work in progress.

It's not really about Tatum for me.  It's about at least having one first contract starter level player still around, and Tatum seems more able to fit in with various lineups right now than does Brown. 

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Seems to be Ainge is doing his part and bluffing just so NOP hold off on trading AD until this summer. But there's no way in hell he's actually offering an explosive package (w/Tatum) for AD if AD doesn't want to be here.
I think you really need to accept the fact that Tatum is gone for Davis whether Davis agrees to an extension or not. Ainge will go all in for the title and spend a year convincing Davis to stay long term. Ainge has already been talking about Tatum seriously with Demps for a while. If Ainge can find a way to give away picks, Williams, Tatum and only filler after that(no Brown, Hayward, Horford or Smart) for Davis, Danny is closing that deal and Tatum is gone.

I am guessing Ainge will even be okay with just giving Davis one year deals for a couple years until he can finally max out that 5 year max deal at 10years into the league. The uncertainty would drive Boston fans crazy but I think Ainge would have no issue with it if there are 1-3 titles at the end of it all.

Either way if Davis is here, Tatum is gone. Everything being released, much from very good sources, says Tatum will be the best asset that will be offered and Tatum is the player with future All-NBA potential that Demps most desires. Ainge also has the draft assets Demps wants as well.

Can't wait for draft night. That should be when the news gets released that Boston and New Orleans have agreed to the basics of a deal that they will finalize later in the summer.
I kind of like the fit of Brown  better with Davis/kyrie Although Tatum would of course be sweet too. Can't be picky when receiving A superstar in return

yeah I agree, I like Jaylen with that group better than Tatum.  Jaylen is the better defender, more athletic and probably more accepting of a role of 4th option on offense.   I like a starting lineup of Kyrie, Brown, Hayward, Davis, Horford a lot.  Swap in Smart in that lineup instead of Brown and it is good too.

That's not my problem. I know we'd have to surrender Tatum to acquire AD and yes keeping Brown/Smart is the better fit for the team w/AD included. It's just you only do it (Tatum + more) if you're actually sure AD is willing to re-sign here long term, otherwise this could end up a disaster as @jpachuta outlines here:

I agree... giving up Tatum without a long term deal from AD would be absolutely idiotic and would set us back for years... Let's say that deal goes down and we give up Tatum and a combination of Smart/Brown/Hayward and multiple picks. AD comes and Kyrie agrees to an extension. After the season, AD sticks to his word and signs with LA as a free agent.  I am sure Kyrie would then demand a trade...  What would we be left with? Depending on the length of Kyrie's extension, we could be left with nothing. If he signs a one year extension, he could walk free as well.

If AD doesn't want to sign long term before the trade, then I say let him go (yes I know that means Kyrie will probably leave too), but at least we still have a young core of Tatum and Brown that we can develop and build around. Just my two cents.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Or better yet, let Smart start with that group and talk Brown into accepting a sixth man role where Jaylen is the #1 scoring option off the bench and the system is designed to feature Brown's strengths when he is in.

We keep both Smart and Brown and Smart shines as Kyrie's perfectly paired backcourt mate while Brown puts up 20 PPG in a SMOY type role playing north of 31 MPG.

I am fine with Brown being the super sub.  I wonder if Gordon eventually starts next year (hopefully with full mobility and 100% recovery) who will our distributor be on the bench?  It feels like Gordon is that player by default right now.

Like everyone else, I think Rozier is gone next year, and he isn't a good match with Jaylen anyway.  I guess Smart could overlap with Brown a bit, but we need a pass first point guard or a good ball handler for the 2nd unit to work with Brown.  It is the opposite if Brown starts, we need a shooter / screen runner to pair with Smart to open up his driving lanes.

Offline CelticsQuestFor18

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27

This is going to be a wild 6 months ahead, that's for sure.

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

That's not my problem. I know we'd have to surrender Tatum to acquire AD and yes keeping Brown/Smart is the better fit for the team w/AD included. It's just you only do it (Tatum + more) if you're actually sure AD is willing to re-sign here long term, otherwise this could end up a disaster as @jpachuta outlines here:

Of course that is the real whole issue.  Problem is no one really knows if AD is willing to resign here, I bet Danny doesn't even know right now.
I would also prefer to keep our young core if we can't get an absolute solid commitment that he is going to stay.  My guess is that Danny thinks he can convince AD to stay, especially if we make the finals the first year.  But there are probably many alternate universes where this turns out really really bad for us.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Of course that is the real whole issue.  Problem is no one really knows if AD is willing to resign here, I bet Danny doesn't even know right now.
I would also prefer to keep our young core if we can't get an absolute solid commitment that he is going to stay.  My guess is that Danny thinks he can convince AD to stay, especially if we make the finals the first year.  But there are probably many alternate universes where this turns out really really bad for us.

That's a huge risk I'm honestly not willing to take. Maybe that's just me.

Offline CelticsQuestFor18

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27

It's not. Also Stein says the same thing now (AD doesn't want to come here)

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

It's not. Also Rich Paul leaked a rumor to Stein that Stein says the same thing now (AD doesn't want to come here)

FTFY

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Mannix believes the Celts get AD this summer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4gt9DDbtgs

Oh and Chris Carter and Nick Wright are a couple of Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.s.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 10:29:31 PM by gpap »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41

Oh and Chris Carter and Nick Wright are a couple of ****s.

They are such a joke

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

They are such a joke

Nick Wright has his nose up Lebron's backside and Chris Carter stinks to high heaven of hate for Boston. Or just stinks period.

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson

They are such a joke

Nick Wright has his nose up Lebron's backside and Chris Carter stinks to high heaven of hate for Boston. Or just stinks period.

But Carter is a former NFL wide receiver, why wouldn't we believe everything he says about the NBA? lolol
why is he even on those shows about the NBA?   What background does he have for knowing what he is talking about?  Might as well throw up some other random NBA fan.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

They are such a joke

But Carter is a former NFL wide receiver, why wouldn't we believe everything he says about the NBA? lolol
why is he even on those shows about the NBA?   What background does he have for knowing what he is talking about?  Might as well throw up some other random NBA fan.

I'm wondering how these morons actually got a show? What did Nick Wright do before this? Honest question lol. I'd never even heard of him until like last year when he was slobbering over Lebron (which as we know is now his specialty lol)